Congratulations Shane-world pool masters champ

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane finally takes one down over seas.
Great momentum into the Mosconi cup.

Congratulations to him and his dominant performance in a very short race/stacked field full of upsets.

Can't wait to watch the matches.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Shane finally takes one down over seas.
Great momentum into the Mosconi cup.

Congratulations to him and his dominant performance in a very short race/stacked field full of upsets.

Can't wait to watch the matches.

Wish I could have seen it. Great win for Shane. He plays so strong a true champ. And now I'm going to get it started.

Where are all the haters at now. Can Shane finally be called the best in the world? I mean the argument was always that he hasn't won over seas. Well now he has. So what's the excuse now?

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see SVB knock this one off.

Nice to read that Matchroom supposedly finally did away with their stupid 3 point rule on the break, at least for this Invitational. Wonder if they will do so going forward.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great win but not a world championship. This is a good stepping stone but you need some luck when it comes to alternating break short races.

Way to go Shane!

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see SVB knock this one off.

Nice to read that Matchroom supposedly finally did away with their stupid 3 point rule on the break, at least for this Invitational. Wonder if they will do so going forward.

I saw online that Darren Appleton said he is pretty sure that is will be the same breaking rules for the Mosconi Cup. Ill be glad to see that three point rule gone.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I could have seen it. Great win for Shane. He plays so strong a true champ. And now I'm going to get it started.

Where are all the haters at now. Can Shane finally be called the best in the world? I mean the argument was always that he hasn't won over seas. Well now he has. So what's the excuse now?

Yes, great win for Shane. Called best in the world on account of THIS win? No.

Of course, he has won overseas.
I don't hate on Shane, but the day he wins a world-sanctioned title, then all the
"haters" can be put to rest. Until then, the jury is still out.

All you did was simply fan the flames by reminding us that Shane won and by asking the best-in-the-world question in
the same breath.

Not yet, but someday. Be patient.

NineBallNut

Silver Member
I don't think you will be able to call Shane, or anyone else for that matter the BEST in the world ever. Too Many Top Quality players across the world to ever have one dominant that would stick out. However, i would say ONE of the best would be fair.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
boogeyman...Shane is already AMONG the best players on Earth. He is capable of being the BEST on any given day. Today is that day for the World Pool Masters event...and Shane is the Champion, which makes him the best...in that event, a World event.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Yes, great win for Shane. Called best in the world on account of THIS win? No.

Of course, he has won overseas.
I don't hate on Shane, but the day he wins a world-sanctioned title, then all the
"haters" can be put to rest. Until then, the jury is still out.

All you did was simply fan the flames by reminding us that Shane won and by asking the best-in-the-world question in
the same breath.

Not yet, but someday. Be patient.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is he the best in the world, who knows? Is he one of the best players on
Earth and any other planet, absolutely!
There are lots of world class players who are awesome but like in every
sport known to man, there's always a handful of (special players) like a
Jordon, Gretzky,Ali and in pool we have the new blood of Shane Van Boening.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's clone his blood, and start injecting it into every US players DNA! Can't hurt! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Is he the best in the world, who knows? Is he one of the best players on
Earth and any other planet, absolutely!
There are lots of world class players who are awesome but like in every
sport known to man, there's always a handful of (special players) like a
Jordon, Gretzky,Ali and in pool we have the new blood of Shane Van Boening.