CONTEST - anyone think Andy Gilbert uses CNC?

cuedicts

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Kelly guessed it first but some others did too. The wood is in fact burled pink ivory. It has lots of birds eyes and some inclusions, like amboyna. Bought this piece about a year ago and it was not stabilized. Keep the guesses coming. Closest to price come Monday gets $100 off on the Gilbert jump break.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll play.

Wood: Figured Bubinga
Price: $4355.76

Fred <~~~ wants a hundred dollars off a four thousand dollar cue!!!

Last edited:

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Wood already answered...

... on Post# 41. What remains is the price. :D

cuedicts said:
Looks like Kelly guessed it first but some others did too. The wood is in fact burled pink ivory. It has lots of birds eyes and some inclusions, like amboyna. Bought this piece about a year ago and it was not stabilized. Keep the guesses coming. Closest to price come Monday gets $100 off on the Gilbert jump break.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I'd say quilted sapale and $4000.00

EDIT: didn't see that wood has been named already...never would have guessed pink ivory as all I have seen has been so smooth grained and kinda boring looking...

Last edited:

qfancier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Camphor burl......$4750

BTW - post #41 does not look to be from Sean. Different handle.

Last edited:

pharaoh68

Banned
qfancier said:
Camphor burl......$4750

BTW - post #41 does not look to be from Sean. Different handle.

Hey Q-

Cueaddicts is Sean.

'ceudicts' is Matt (Connerly). So it seems we have an answer to the wood half of the question. Now price is what remains a mystery.

qfancier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pharaoh68 said:
Hey Q-

Cueaddicts is Sean.

'ceudicts' is Matt (Connerly). So it seems we have an answer to the wood half of the question. Now price is what remains a mystery.
Ahhhh. Thanks, B. Didn't know that about Matt.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
7.5k With The Matching Caps.

Andy Does Great Work, It's A Shame He Doesn't Get More Recognition. There Are Lots Of Cuemakers Using Cnc Aids That Get More Respect Than Him, And I Don't Feel That's Fair.

P.s. Skins, Please Don't Kill Me For This Post. I Know Cnc Has It's Place, But I Still Think The Old School Panto Guys Should Get More Credit.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
haven't read the entire thread but will guess base wood could be Sapele and i would guess the retail around $5,600.

skins ------- not mad at Marcus....................he hopes....:)

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
fullsplicefiend said:
$6777 for that sick cue

Alright guys, Matt is out of town and I guess it's time to end this thing. The cue priced out at $6800, so 'fullsplicefiend' looks to be the winner, with a VERY close guess.

There was lots of variance on the pricing, which I find interesting. A couple of guys guessed figured/quilted bubinga and the pink ivory burl looks real close. Ironically, Andy has an ivory handled cue coming together with real similar ivory points with butterflies in between except into quilted bubinga. Much different butt design and loads of engraving work. That cue will also be at the ICCS, where it is being delivered to its buyer.

And 'fullsplicefiend'....if you are interested in that last fancy jump/break with ivory inlays, let me know via PM. It's yours for $450 shipped if you want it.

Hope everyone has enjoyed Matt's pics of his cue.