AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think the reason the snooker tour is doing so good is

The Brits have class

O'SulliReyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Alex couldn't, I doubt Corey can.

I agree. Let's be honest here: the only way Corey can even have the slightest chance of making it in the pro snooker tour is by changing his overall game and adopt real proper fundamentals. He will never make it through as long as he has that pool stroke, pool stance, pool pre-shot routine and pool mentality, all of which look rather cartoonish on a televised snooker table in my view.

Last edited:

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Understand the realism bordering on negativity here, but props to him for having a go.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. Let's be honest here: the only way Corey can even have the slightest chance of making it in the pro snooker tour is by changing his overall game and adopt real proper fundamentals. He will never make it through as long as he has that pool stroke, pool stance, pool pre-shot routine and pool mentality, all of which look rather cartoonish on a televised snooker table.

Yeah, he looks really "cartoonish" here. :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXipRG6oaNU

Haters... what can you say? I for one wish Corey the best. and hope he excels despite whatever odds may be stacked against him.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I support Corey Deuel 100% in any Pool/Billiards/Snooker endeavor he chooses.

Last edited:

O'SulliReyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please explain what looks cartoonish.

45:39

Maybe one can afford to not stay down on the shot and still make the ball on a bar table. And airstroking is hardly a proper way to align oneself on a long red, as is adjusting the stance while down on the shot. Corey could use some real coaching from a real cue sports coach--a certified WPBSA coach would be a good start! :)

Perhaps "cartoonish" is too strong a word? I guess "ridiculous" would be more apt?

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Here's wishing Corey the very best of luck indeed. Q school is tough, really tough, and it will be fascinating to see how he adapts.

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe one can afford to not stay down on the shot and still make the ball on a bar table. And airstroking is hardly a proper way to align oneself on a long pot, as is adjusting the stance while down on the shot. Corey could use some real coaching from a real cue sports coach--a certified WPBSA coach would be a good start! :)

Perhaps "cartoonish" is too strong a word? I guess "amateurish" would be more apt?

Oh please. Not only do you go 45 minutes into a match to find something wrong with what he's doing, but plenty of snooker players air stroke and adjust their stance. Not to mention Corey's main objective certainly wasn't to make that ball, which would explain why he wouldn't have stayed down on the shot, which he did by the way.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good luck to Corey. He's a huge underdog to do this. With his talent, if he had started trying to make it in snooker when he was 18 or 20 he may have eventually succeeded (after maybe five or six years of trying). IMO it's a little late now.

HurdyGurdy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe one can afford to not stay down on the shot and still make the ball on a bar table. And airstroking is hardly a proper way to align oneself on a long red, as is adjusting the stance while down on the shot. Corey could use some real coaching from a real cue sports coach--a certified WPBSA coach would be a good start! :)

Perhaps "cartoonish" is too strong a word? I guess "ridiculous" would be more apt?

I'd cut the guy a break, he's really new to snooker. He will learn to stay still and down. IN this video he has already learned to adopt the 4 points of contact: back hand, chest, chin and bridge-hand.

Shoot, look at Ricky Waldon's stance, and Waldon is a straight-cueing badass.

I would love to see Corey make some headway into the Snooker world. And I think he's a good candidate, willing to try and very able to learn new stuff.

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd cut the guy a break, he's really new to snooker. He will learn to stay still and down. IN this video he has already learned to adopt the 4 points of contact: back hand, chest, chin and bridge-hand.

Shoot, look at Ricky Waldon's stance, and Waldon is a straight-cueing badass.

I would love to see Corey make some headway into the Snooker world. And I think he's a good candidate, willing to try and very able to learn new stuff.

I wish him well.
He has tried before, and also had some coaching.

I don't think he is quite ready yet, but i admire him for keeping trying.

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wishing Corey the best, and just a thought, but just perhaps his main objective is to improve his game. Either way, I hope he is successful!