CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want to prove your claims I will be at California Billiards next week helping a player with his CTE questions.
You are welcome to join us as long as you behave and are not disruptive. I am a big believer in taking things to the table and working them out.
John Barton:
Track odds at the well known Ace High Billiards Club make it 9-5 for a "no show" of the person you are jousting with.
(that person is like me in that "I don't show unless I got the best of it before the balls ever get broken") (y)
Regards,
Lowenstein
Ace High Pool Room Resized smaller.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't think you actually do. You're like duckies who can't figure out a half ball hit but different. 🙂
Well, I am quite happy with where I am at. Unlike those who never get off the block I have fun where ever I play.

And thanks to you I am going to spend a lot making cte the most popular aiming system.

Haters are motivators. I will always respect your game and I will always think that haters are lame.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
John Barton:
Track odds at the well known Ace High Billiards Club make it 9-5 for a "no show" of the person you are jousting with.
(that person is like me in that "I don't show unless I got the best of it before the balls ever get broken") (y)
Regards,
Lowenstein
View attachment 611771
And your odds of NOT showing to your own TWO challenges were 1000-1. Wait, you didn't show up.

I'm gonna drive 1.5 to 2 hours to have an in-person debate ?
If I prove it's useless teaching that person cte, do I get some kind of reward ?
Who decides that ?
Who decides that person can benefit more from a simplified "system" ?

I can EASILY show and prove lining up and shooting with a disciplined stroke on a chosen line is the best PSR.
Who decides it's not ?
Is there a professional instructor in the house ? A master BCA instructor ?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
And your odds of NOT showing to your own TWO challenges were 1000-1. Wait, you didn't show up.

I'm gonna drive 1.5 to 2 hours to have an in-person debate ?
If I prove it's useless teaching that person cte, do I get some kind of reward ?
Who decides that ?
Who decides that person can benefit more from a simplified "system" ?

I can EASILY show and prove lining up and shooting with a disciplined stroke on a chosen line is the best PSR.
Who decides it's not ?
Is there a professional instructor in the house ? A master BCA instructor ?
Execution is not aiming. You can stroke straight down the wrong line.

Sure, you get a reward. What are the parameters that will be used during this attempt to prove your claim?

There are no challenges that I have made which I have not shown up for so I don't know who you are talking to here.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You seriously have no idea how aiming works.

pj
chgo
correct telemetric estimation neither. JB is a hack on rote - for cash prolly.

Incidentally, @JB. The front contact points are on an elipse. You are looking directly at the bottom half. Simply unfold that upwards and voila, THE FRONT SIDE OF THE BALL.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Execution is not aiming. You can stroke straight down the wrong line.

Sure, you get a reward. What are the parameters that will be used during this attempt to prove your claim?

There are no challenges that I have made which I have not shown up for so I don't know who you are talking to here.
Execution is aiming bro.
We're dead on the water .
Have fun .

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Execution is aiming bro.
We're dead on the water .
Have fun .
No aiming is preparing to execute. It is precedent to physically striking the cueball.

We could determine that you and a CTE user have identical perfect strokes and the same stance and delivery.

Then if the CTE user pockets more shots on a comprehensive test what would your thought be as to why?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
correct telemetric estimation neither. JB is a hack on rote - for cash prolly.

Incidentally, @JB. The front contact points are on an elipse. You are looking directly at the bottom half. Simply unfold that upwards and voila, THE FRONT SIDE OF THE BALL.
Great, now you can morph equal/opposite into the ellipse method and improve on it.

See how easy that was to come up with something not previously mentioned here that makes sense? All that contact point geometry nonsense that was not helpful to anyone can be resolved with your revelation that all one needs to do is fold an ellipse. Now diagram of for us since all geometrically correct aiming methods are easily diagrammable.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
John Barton:
I am one of those who said CTE automatically corrects stroke issues.
The reason is because if the player doesn't work diligently using some disciplined rehearsal method of stroke training, the CTE Aiming System will not work effectively. The player will be FORCED to correct the stroke issues by the mere presence of the system or he will give up and try to buy something else (wasting his money) that he feels is "now the magic method I've been looking for".
So, in order for it to work effectively, the player must correct stroke errors. Therefore the efficient use of CTE is the root cause behind the efforts for the stroke to be automatically corrected. I cannot say the same for other aiming methods...especially the one I dumped called "just see the shot and shoot it", which is patently absurd and totally unscientific.
I will go so far as to say that Poolology (which is a very good aiming method) automatically corrects stroke errors as well, because if the player has a fouled up stroke, the Poolology method won't be effective either. Therefore, in that case one can reasonably say that Poolology use, is the root cause behind the efforts for the stroke to be automatically corrected...since it is also a scientific way to aim and can be proven to be such.
The Ghosty Ball method, (based on visual superstition) cannot be proven to be scientific at all....it is merely a guessing game and a simple way for Pros to dodge tipping off how to REALLY aim to those who do not deserve to know.
As to why certain pathological losers cannot grasp the simplicity of all that, I am at a loss to say.

Kindest regards,(y)
Lowenstein
Have you given lessons before. Sure sounds like it until you read everything.

Speaking nonsense again. People are losers??
Well, I am quite happy with where I am at. Unlike those who never get off the block I have fun where ever I play.

And thanks to you I am going to spend a lot making cte the most popular aiming system.

Haters are motivators. I will always respect your game and I will always think that haters

Haters are motivators. I will always respect your game and I will always think that haters are lame.
Hope you are happy, I honestly think you can play better .

You've been around pool a lot,tell me , what about any given shot let's you know where to aim?

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Nick Varner is one of the greatest to ever play this game. That being said, if anyone believes he never missed a ball due to a poor stroke then that person is dumb as a stump. No, actually they're even dumber than that.
You really hit the nail on the head with this one.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
No aiming is preparing to execute. It is precedent to physically striking the cueball.

We could determine that you and a CTE user have identical perfect strokes and the same stance and delivery.

Then if the CTE user pockets more shots on a comprehensive test what would your thought be as to why?
That would be awesome .
Do a before and after of a few players .
And to make it better , get an overhead and some graphics .
Show how CTE is done . I'd like to know what to do when I'm cutting a ball to the left and when I pivot to edge to C it looks like it's still going to be too thick . I'd like to know what to do when I cutting a ball to the left and I pivot to edge to C but I need outside spin but that outside spin is going to cause the hit to be a little thick even with backhand english .

You make that legit video of how it's done with graphics ( should be easy since it is objective ) , it ends the 20-yr war .

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great, now you can morph equal/opposite into the ellipse method and improve on it.

See how easy that was to come up with something not previously mentioned here that makes sense? All that contact point geometry nonsense that was not helpful to anyone can be resolved with your revelation that all one needs to do is fold an ellipse. Now diagram of for us since all geometrically correct aiming methods are easily diagrammable.
It's the same method.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have the correct PSR you will stroke straight down the correct aiming line.

Lou Figueroa

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here for all the visually challenged.
The red dot is center sphere. The top of the ellipse is the invisible unknown...

Soykuhl.jpg

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The idea is that if you are able to get to an exact center that you know is dead on correct then your stroke is likely to be straighter because your mind is highly focused on the cue ball target.

I think that this is a concept worth exploring.
I think it is a concept that is unnecessarily deceptive. The same can be said of any aiming method: It won't work if you don't have a good stroke.

Why not just say you have to have a straight stroke in order for CTE to work and leave it at that? Claims that it straightens out your stroke is where jokes like "it also cures gout" comes from.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, of course it would be awesome to have clear before/after data. I think that this would be valuable information. I gave credence to your point and countered with a better one. You seem to think that JUST BECAUSE Stan won a state bank pool title once in the 50-60 years of playing pool that it automatically disqualifies him from claiming that any given technique is good for bank pool. If so then it disqualifies ALL high level bank pool teachers of banking methods that are not strictly tied to geometric measurement, such as double the distance.
No, I'm saying the true usefulness of a system cannot be demonstrated by the guy who invented/promotes it. Ultimately, it is the end user who has to be able to do it, too. Not rocket science.

I think that when it comes to a messenger the person bringing the message is even more effective IF that person has high level knowledge of the subject of the message. In fact we can see by the way that I am constantly knocked for "missing while demonstrating" that showing less than perfect results are invalidating for some of the critics. So really it's a no win position when demonstrating perfect results isn't good enough and when demonstrating less than perfect results isn't good enough.
JB you have to admit that when you miss 12 of 14 shots in a demonstration of the effectiveness of CTE it is a little shocking. If you had missed 2 out of 14 shots that would have been no big deal.

Again it doesn't matter because we come back to practicality. A person who knows how to create a fire using various means and also claims that fire is a gift from the gods can't be faulted for not knowing the chemical properties that cause combustion. Their practical need is to heat something and it doesn't matter if they pray to fkhkhee and do a chicken dance before they rub the sticks together to make the friction ignite the shavings.
Yes and if such person says you have to pray to the gods for 1/2 hour before striking the match then he is full of BS and doesn't know what he is talking about. It is worth knowing that the match is the important part. Settling for "ignorance is bliss" is not a positive step in the pool world.

You're the one characterizing Stan in ways that are not true. Find the clip and we can discuss it. I can tell you that what you mistake as uncertainty was not that. It was likely exasperation at the attitude of those who claim CTE does not work.
I know exactly what it looked like. I cannot get inside the guy's head but I know a moment of reflection when I see one.

If you want to feel sorry for something then feel sorry for all of those who would rather knock someone for expressing wonder at how something works while admitting that they don't know exactly HOW it works rather than work together with them to figure out how it works and reconcile the descriptive language used to be congruent with scientific understanding.
OTOH some things are so obviously untrue that it doesn't take a panel of experts debating how many ballerinas can dance on the head of a pin to figure out.

I can promise you that a proficient CTE user would have similar results either way. A lazy CTE user such as me would have better results when the pocket is in view. But yes, I like this experiment. This is the type of stuff I have been literally begging for. My early videos were done using experiments that were suggested by other posters. I took their suggestions to the table and did the test and showed the results.
Why not try out the method on yourself? Maybe it will help you improve the test. For me the important thing is that with the curtain up they are instructed not to pocket the ball but to execute a perfect C perception. With the curtain removed they are told to do the same thing but with the idea that if they are doing it right the ball should go in the pocket. See how long it takes before it starts going in.

I agree and fully believe that if skeptics and proficient users actually got together then a lot of information can be gathered that might reveal a lot. That's why I have made overtures plenty of times offering to bankroll such "roundtables" on the rectangular table.
Sounds like you have the equipment and people needed to give it a try. The caveat is whether the results will be analyzed objectively.