CTE PRO 1: My review.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Did you get into the 8 pack early today or something?

All this woofing - we can bet high, it impresses nobody- least of all me.

Was there something in my post that offended you Anthony?

I'll admit Gerry I've been wasted many of times on here. Always at home.
Not offended just wanna give you or Stan a chance to make some money on your curtain skills is all. Not woofing ,I'm betting against anyone who wants to shoot behind a curtain.

Why bring up the curtain?

Banks

Banned
Wants his question answered in ten minutes, lol

No, I've asked the question before when the main forum was being spammed with adverisements. It was never answered. All that's ever given are vague answers. Go lol in your aiming forum. Maybe another 10 years of videos and lessons from Stan will get Barton to pro speed like yourself. :)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing measurable there. Like I said, if you had played 14.1 for years, learned CTE and then started running 100's, then that would be something. Suddenly playing straight pool as a good shot already and then winning is not measurable.

It was a testimonial as you requested. The point pretty much is that cte transferred right to the 9 footer after playing barboxes all that time. By the way, strokers straight pool league is not an easy league.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I've asked the question before when the main forum was being spammed with adverisements. It was never answered. All that's ever given are vague answers. Go lol in your aiming forum. Maybe another 10 years of videos and lessons from Stan will get Barton to pro speed like yourself. :)

and whats going to get you there

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The curtain video was linked in an earlier post and it helps to demonstrate the system and why exact pocket location isn't a concern. Consider it a training tool if you will.

Not offended just wanna give you or Stan a chance to make some money on your curtain skills is all. Not woofing ,I'm betting against anyone who wants to shoot behind a curtain.

Banks

Banned
and whats going to get you there

Shooting the shots and learning how to play the game. I've got a g/f, the same f/t job, family out of state, almost all of my time spent on valley bar tables, no lessons, drinking and in the 9 years I've been playing have gone from an average bar player(APA 4) to a strong A/weak master regionally. 20+ years, eh? :) Oh, and I didn't start til I was 30.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Let's see, you come to my place. I will bet that you can not stand on your head and stack BBs and gargle peanut butter at the same time.

Stan Shuffett

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
First let me say I have never met nor spoken to Stan on the phone. A few post back and forth on the aiming forum. So this is not meant to judge him nor CTE as a system. I spoke with a gent recently that stated Stan is an excellent instructor.
So here goes.... I did purchase CTE Pro1 (2nd DVD) shipped very quickly thank you..
1st and formost I think Stan has put great effort into trying to explain what it is he sees and does to achive his results. As most known 1 on 1 at the table works best for most.

A few points...

1) The curtain didn't do much for me as most shots were at know and repedative locations. A very good player can reproduce such shots over and over with a high success rate.

2) Phoney pocket straight in and banked. Not good as they were not preformed the same. Straight was different speed on the stroke. Bank a different angle used ..even Stan says he did in the video. I'm not sure why ????

3) Not able to print out the screen shots for the practice.. Table layout and which preception to use or try.
Note I was told there was a work around but couldn't make it work.

4) Stan does make the system sound like it is something no one has ever seen, this new ohhh thing. Sorry I am a show me type coupled with pessimisum (SP) and always roll my eyes and begin to shut things out when a SALESPERSON starts the ahhhh amazing never b4 seen,,,you know like car salesman...SORRY STAN but for me that's what it sounds like...DOES NOT MEAN IT IS
((( my PERCEPTION)))

A lot / few like myself have not been able to see the shot line after getting what we believe is the perception CTE/ETA etc..Maybe if someone in the know could precive the shot and with a laser point out what is being seen (best they can) the point out the shot line it may help ???

This post is not meant to bash CTE Pro1 or Stan only to highlight what I experienced.

NOTE::: I ADMITT I HAVE NOT PUT IN A REAL GOOD EFFORT only a about 2 weeks on and off before losing interest. I would put 100% in if there was a local go to person but not much up here in Maine.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First let me say I have never met nor spoken to Stan on the phone. A few post back and forth on the aiming forum. So this is not meant to judge him nor CTE as a system. I spoke with a gent recently that stated Stan is an excellent instructor.
So here goes.... I did purchase CTE Pro1 (2nd DVD) shipped very quickly thank you..
1st and formost I think Stan has put great effort into trying to explain what it is he sees and does to achive his results. As most known 1 on 1 at the table works best for most.

A few points...

1) The curtain didn't do much for me as most shots were at know and repedative locations. A very good player can reproduce such shots over and over with a high success rate.

2) Phoney pocket straight in and banked. Not good as they were not preformed the same. Straight was different speed on the stroke. Bank a different angle used ..even Stan says he did in the video. I'm not sure why ????

3) Not able to print out the screen shots for the practice.. Table layout and which preception to use or try.
Note I was told there was a work around but couldn't make it work.

4) Stan does make the system sound like it is something no one has ever seen, this new ohhh thing. Sorry I am a show me type coupled with pessimisum (SP) and always roll my eyes and begin to shut things out when a SALESPERSON starts the ahhhh amazing never b4 seen,,,you know like car salesman...SORRY STAN but for me that's what it sounds like...DOES NOT MEAN IT IS
((( my PERCEPTION)))

A lot / few like myself have not been able to see the shot line after getting what we believe is the perception CTE/ETA etc..Maybe if someone in the know could precive the shot and with a laser point out what is being seen (best they can) the point out the shot line it may help ???

This post is not meant to bash CTE Pro1 or Stan only to highlight what I experienced.

NOTE::: I ADMITT I HAVE NOT PUT IN A REAL GOOD EFFORT only a about 2 weeks on and off before losing interest. I would put 100% in if there was a local go to person but not much up here in Maine.

Thank you for admitting that you did not put much effort into it. That tells all to me. CTE is quite visual and it is fairly evident that you did not let go of your old way of aiming.
You must let and get out of the analytical mind.
Real CTE is very easy. It really surprises me when students do not grasp it.
Stan Shuffett

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Is there any single other instructional pool concept that is as comparatively difficult to grasp as CTE? Something else that allegedly takes 2 or more weeks of forcing yourself through a painful phase of confusion until you allegedly will "get it"? (and obviously, some people never do)

I can't think of one. For every other concept someone shows me, they explain it, they demonstrate it, and life goes on.

I'm genuinely curious if someone can think of another concept with this peculiar issue.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there any single other instructional pool concept that is as comparatively difficult to grasp as CTE? Something else that allegedly takes 2 or more weeks of forcing yourself through a painful phase of confusion until you allegedly will "get it"? (and obviously, some people never do)

I can't think of one. For every other concept someone shows me, they explain it, they demonstrate it, and life goes on.

I'm genuinely curious if someone can think of another concept with this peculiar issue.

CTE PRO ONE might be the easiest of all systems to use.

You see, the problem is that some resist the perceptual educations that ties intro the table.

Because it.'a different at first it can be tossed aside. I am willing bet that your effort was weak but yet you get on here and purport to give CTE a real workout. NOT!

Stan Shuffett

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooting the shots and learning how to play the game. I've got a g/f, the same f/t job, family out of state, almost all of my time spent on valley bar tables, no lessons, drinking and in the 9 years I've been playing have gone from an average bar player(APA 4) to a strong A/weak master regionally. 20+ years, eh? :) Oh, and I didn't start til I was 30.

Nothing measurable there. Never been an apa 4, whats that like?

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
CTE PRO ONE might be the easiest of all systems to use.

You see, the problem is that some resist the perceptual educations that ties intro the table.

Because it.'a different at first it can be tossed aside. I am willing bet that your effort was weak but yet you get on here and purport to give CTE a real workout. NOT!

Stan Shuffett

Stan,

With all due respect, how does that answer my question whatsoever?

How about this then... can you name another instructional concept that is confusing enough that "some resist the perceptual educations that ties intro the table. Because it's different at first it can be tossed aside"? Anything?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan,

With all due respect, how does that answer my question whatsoever?

How about this then... can you name another instructional concept that is confusing enough that "some resist the perceptual educations that ties intro the table. Because it's different at first it can be tossed aside"? Anything?

I can not think of another single instructional concept other than grip knowledge that is even remotely close to the value of real CTE. The learning curve that it presents is insignificant to the professional approach that one gains.

Stan Shuffett

Banks

Banned
Nothing measurable there. Never been an apa 4, whats that like?

I remember it pretty well. There were lots of people trying to tell me what to do that thought they were really special. Some of them had systems, some of them had been playing for 20+ years, you know what I mean. Then I started to pass them up. What's it like to be really good on the internet?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I remember it pretty well. There were lots of people trying to tell me what to do that thought they were really special. Some of them had systems, some of them had been playing for 20+ years, you know what I mean. Then I started to pass them up. What's it like to be really good on the internet?

He's REALLY good in person...just an FYI

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It's always the users fault, never the aiming system. If the sellers of all aiming systems would tell everyone up front that you need a good straight repeatable stroke, with no spin, that can hit the small BB size place on the OB from 7-8' to make it work. If you can do that who needs any aiming system. Johnnyt

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I can not think of another single instructional concept other than grip knowledge that is even remotely close to the value of real CTE. The learning curve that it presents is insignificant to the professional approach that one gains.

Stan Shuffett

That's nice that you think grip and CTE are valuable. But again, that's not what I asked is it?

Grip techniques are not difficult to explain or understand.

So my original question still stands. So far we are at 0 concepts which are similarly problematic to learn as CTE.