CTE Testimonials

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish everyone the best with CTE, I hope it improves your game and you enjoy the journey. I know there’s lots of passionate players out there working hard to improve. If this is that route, glad you found your way to playing your best.

Best of luck
Fatboy

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Yesterday was a day of practice, worked on one Pocket Brakes, and shots incorporating CTE system.

Progress made in relation to effort put into practicing.

Something have merit like CTE, other do not because they are 🐶💩.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Susan Amsterdam in Alabama sends this CTE Testimonial and a "Happy New Year" to all those who're finally learning how to REALLY AIM in the professional way on a pool table.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Lowenstein....My husband and I were at an early New Years Eve party at some people's home. They've been studying CTE and were having troubles with missing shots. My husband corrected their problem right away on their pool table and it should be passed on to other students. Here is what he told them:
Once the player is down in full stance with the offset cue and has made a few practice strokes, then makes the pivot back to CCB, there should be NO MORE PRACTICE STROKING AFTER THE PIVOT.
Just stroke the cue ball from that point and watch the object ball go into the pocket.
Thank you so much for what CTE has done for us.
TYVM. Susan
(we'll see you at the Iron City tourney over in Birmingham. The drinks are on us too)

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Susan Amsterdam in Alabama sends this CTE Testimonial (y)(y)(y)
Mr. Lowenstein...it was nice seeing you at the Iron City tournament at Birmingham. Sorry you couldn't stay longer, we had a talk with Efren Reyes and you would've enjoyed it.
He did say he remembered years ago being shown the pivot aiming method at a pool room in California along with Mr.Parica and he has used most of it ever since. He said most Filipinos come into the shot line from an angle. He kinda' smiled and said...."Americans are slow to catch on".
We did pretty good betting on the side.
Kindest Regards,
Susan A.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE Testimonials keep coming(y)(y)
I have been using and studying the CTE aiming method for about 5 months now and the improvement in my game is astonishing.
From the book "Center Pocket Music", I have made the Bustamante Half Ball Pivot alignment my "go to" approach. I have also looked at many videos of Bustamante on YouTube and they prove he is using a pivot method of aiming.
The accuracy that can be obtained is terrific and I am winning matches right and left.
Mr. Shuffett and Mr. Houle are to be congratulated for making these secret discoveries public so we can all improve at the game.
Bob Roselli - testimonial

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"CTE Aiming has allowed me to be a top tournament winner in the American Legion Leagues and the Prince Hall Masonic Lodges here in my state. I have told a lot of people about how I was able to improve through the use of the CTE Center Pocket book. I really endorse this method of aiming for advanced amateurs who want to improve their game."
Matthew "Radiator Slim" Robinson - testimonial

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Screenshot_20220316-233616_Facebook.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
"I just won my first big tournament here in Las Vegas. Stan Shuffett if it wasn't for you none of this would of ever happen. Thank you so much for all you do! You are so appreciated. Also, so many people were talking in the background or after the tournament about my ball pocketing and how the balls split the center of the pocket. Man I love that music you taught me to play. Here's another trophy 🏆 for CTE. I'm grateful for you Stan and for Hal houle. Thank you thank you thank you.". - Ruiary Byrne, CTE discussion group on FB.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think CTE discussion is more interesting that what color chalk do you use or which cue maker screwed somebody over this week, lol. I realized that this testimonials thread is like a pressure relief valve for CTE. If keeping this thread clean means there won't be censorship of legitimate points of view in other threads then I'm all for it! This will be my last post in this thread. Delete if you wish, please.
What would you have to criticize anyway? You can't possibly know whether anyone testifying that they are experiencing more success with a method is actually having more success so all you could ever do is n negatively address their testimonial in what would amount to calling them either delusional or deliberately deceptive.

That's why this thread isn't the forum for airing the same "criticism" that has been leveled thousands of times in hundreds of other threads. Every bit of that criticism has been answered in detail thousands of times.

At this point it should be more than clear that CTE works well for many people. The entire point of any aiming method is to help players improve their ability to aim and subsequently to help improve their shotmaking.

That's it. So any knock that you have is really because you don't want to see any positive testimonials for a system that you personally have a grudge against due to how you have been interacted with by those who teach and use CTE. It's not because you are against aiming systems in general as any "criticisms" of other methods which you might hold have never been published with anything close to the criticisms of CTE that make up the bulk of your conversation on aiming methods. The same goes for the other prolific CTE critics.

So in this thread the only thing you can offer is more criticism but you miss the point that it is about those who have chosen to learn CTE and are having a satisfactory experience by having improved their ball pocketing skills along. That improvement has led to more significant wins for them. Winning more has made them happier when they play pool.

And it is my opinion that happier players play more and spend when they play so that is good for the health of the industry.

Nothing bad ever happens to any person who learns CTE aiming. Hell even with me losing a couple high stakes matches that came about as a result of CTE arguments wasn't a bad thing for me. It would have been much better if I had won but without CTE I would have never had the confidence to try. That much I know for sure.

I don't think I would be as good as I am without CTE or some other equally objective method of aiming. Aiming methods aren't what holds me back for sure. They are what has kept me interested in playing pool for sure.

Pool is a hobby for 99% of people who play it. Selfishly I sell equipment to those who take that hobby seriously. So for me anything that helps people to enjoy playing and gets them to the table increases my opportunity to sell them a cue case. Selling more cue cases allows me to spend more supporting the sport. It's a virtuous circle.

Does that mean I am promoting snake oil to sell cases? Not at all. I am promoting a method that I genuinely feel is very helpful to greatly increase any player's aiming precision. It's just a bonus that learning to aim precisely and gaining the ability to make difficult shots much more consistently has the effect of inspiring more play.

Imagine that, the better people get at something then more they want to do it. Who can claim to want to see our sport succeed that would want to knock that?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would you have to criticize anyway? You can't possibly know whether anyone testifying that they are experiencing more success with a method is actually having more success so all you could ever do is n negatively address their testimonial in what would amount to calling them either delusional or deliberately deceptive.

That's why this thread isn't the forum for airing the same "criticism" that has been leveled thousands of times in hundreds of other threads. Every bit of that criticism has been answered in detail thousands of times.

At this point it should be more than clear that CTE works well for many people. The entire point of any aiming method is to help players improve their ability to aim and subsequently to help improve their shotmaking.

That's it. So any knock that you have is really because you don't want to see any positive testimonials for a system that you personally have a grudge against due to how you have been interacted with by those who teach and use CTE. It's not because you are against aiming systems in general as any "criticisms" of other methods which you might hold have never been published with anything close to the criticisms of CTE that make up the bulk of your conversation on aiming methods. The same goes for the other prolific CTE critics.

So in this thread the only thing you can offer is more criticism but you miss the point that it is about those who have chosen to learn CTE and are having a satisfactory experience by having improved their ball pocketing skills along. That improvement has led to more significant wins for them. Winning more has made them happier when they play pool.

And it is my opinion that happier players play more and spend when they play so that is good for the health of the industry.

Nothing bad ever happens to any person who learns CTE aiming. Hell even with me losing a couple high stakes matches that came about as a result of CTE arguments wasn't a bad thing for me. It would have been much better if I had won but without CTE I would have never had the confidence to try. That much I know for sure.

I don't think I would be as good as I am without CTE or some other equally objective method of aiming. Aiming methods aren't what holds me back for sure. They are what has kept me interested in playing pool for sure.

Pool is a hobby for 99% of people who play it. Selfishly I sell equipment to those who take that hobby seriously. So for me anything that helps people to enjoy playing and gets them to the table increases my opportunity to sell them a cue case. Selling more cue cases allows me to spend more supporting the sport. It's a virtuous circle.

Does that mean I am promoting snake oil to sell cases? Not at all. I am promoting a method that I genuinely feel is very helpful to greatly increase any player's aiming precision. It's just a bonus that learning to aim precisely and gaining the ability to make difficult shots much more consistently has the effect of inspiring more play.

Imagine that, the better people get at something then more they want to do it. Who can claim to want to see our sport succeed that would want to knock that?
I said I would not post in this thread again, a year and a half ago, and I haven't. I did not agree, however, to bite my tongue when my position is being mischaracterized and history rewritten. Let's leave it at that.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I just won my first big tournament here in Las Vegas. Stan Shuffett if it wasn't for you none of this would of ever happen. Thank you so much for all you do! You are so appreciated. Also, so many people were talking in the background or after the tournament about my ball pocketing and how the balls split the center of the pocket. Man I love that music you taught me to play. Here's another trophy 🏆 for CTE. I'm grateful for you Stan and for Hal houle. Thank you thank you thank you.". - Ruiary Byrne, CTE discussion group on FB.
It would be nice to have Mr. Byrne's win in context. Is he a beginner? A pro? What big tournament did he win?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
It would be nice to have Mr. Byrne's win in context. Is he a beginner? A pro? What big tournament did he win?

Average player, maybe a little lower. Fargo score around 450. Probably won a 450 and under or a 500 and under tournament.

Honestly, I'm glad to see people doing well and improving at this game. So if CTE has helped him improve, whether it's legit or nothing but a placebo effect, good for him.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Context...reminds me a story...

I was playing blackjack in Vegas a few years back, and a guy at my table was saying that he'd won the BCA singles 8ball event a couple of years prior. I asked what division. He said bronze. I asked what division he was playing in this time. He said bronze.

So, that guy was either sandbagging or he simply doesn't or can't work to improve his game. Bronze is the lowest/weakest division. With a little practice and experience it really doesn't take much to move up from bronze to silver. If he truly was a weak player, then winning the division is a respectable achievement. If he's sandbagging so he can continue to beat up on weaker players, it's shameful.

Reactions: bbb

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Context...reminds me a story...

I was playing blackjack in Vegas a few years back, and a guy at my table was saying that he'd won the BCA singles 8ball event a couple of years prior. I asked what division. He said bronze. I asked what division he was playing in this time. He said bronze.

So, that guy was either sandbagging or he simply doesn't or can't work to improve his game. Bronze is the lowest/weakest division. With a little practice and experience it really doesn't take much to move up from bronze to silver. If he truly was a weak player, then winning the division is a respectable achievement. If he's sandbagging so he can continue to beat up on weaker players, it's shameful.
Maybe he needs CTE in his life.