cue component doing shady stuff beware

amonkire

Registered
joe barringer is the owner of https://www.cuecomponents.com/ and a very shady figure at best. I ordered two tips from him and he sent me fakes then went off the hinges when I confronted him about it take a look at the emails. What is sad is that he knows that he is now cheating people, sending copies, but after looking him up I see that this isn't the first time he has done illegal things! Just thought people should know. I would sue but he is only shorting me about 10 bucks, not worth my time.

CueComponents
Wed, Aug 12, 10:53 AM (10 days ago)
Erik, I received your phone call but we are out-of-town, what’s the problem? -- Kind Regards, Joe info@CueComponents.com 386-424-0300 illegitimi non carborundum

Erik Walker
Wed, Aug 12, 3:59 PM (10 days ago)
I recently received several tips from you, two of which were tiger onyx, but both were not good. One delaminated and the other is hard as a rock and miscueing.

CueComponents
Wed, Aug 12, 6:15 PM (10 days ago)
Erik, These tips come directly from Tiger and no one complains about them. The tips are manufactured to certain specifications. Any errors or delamination is du

Erik Walker
Thu, Aug 13, 12:36 AM (9 days ago)
I hope you are still going to make this right because you are a good person & business man !?

CueComponents
Thu, Aug 13, 12:58 AM (9 days ago)
Sorry we do not refund on tips that delaminate due to human error.

Erik Walker
Thu, Aug 13, 8:09 PM (9 days ago)
Fool, I know that it was not human error, I also know that it was not the same tips that I've been getting from you, Those two are very different. I could easil

CueComponents <info@cuecomponents.com>
Fri, Aug 14, 12:07 AM (8 days ago)
to me

You’re an asshole plain and simple. They’re the same tips we’ve been selling for 20 years. You screwed them up with your quality installation. Tips just don’t go bad without human intervention. Face reality pinhead. I don’t need to rip you off for $20 stinking dollars. Please tell everyone you can and who’ll listen to your bullshit. You don’t like my reply so obviously it’s our fault rather than admit it was you.

You expect me to pay for your screw-up. Not happening.

Now, go away and back under the rock you came from.

CueComponents
Fri, Aug 21, 11:40 AM (1 day ago)
Eric, What’s the problem? -- Kind Regards, Joe info@CueComponents.com 386-424-0300 illegitimi non carborundum

Erik Walker
7:33 PM (1 hour ago)
i had received two tips that were not what i ordered, they are the fake tiger onyx they have a brown strip in them not red, I tried to tell you guys that they were different but then all communication went wrong. I have the proof it is not my install that was the problem, it was inferior tips. Also I would like to add that I do all my installs by hand not lathe so I don't have heat problems. Now it would be good of you to send me the tips that I ordered which were the tiger onyx not the onyx extreme that was sent last time, I can also show the pics. In all of my orders with your company I have never had a problem with tiger onyx tips or any other company for that matter. I just need you to make this right.

CueComponents
8:24 PM (1 hour ago)
Let me explain something to you. We have Tiger Onyx and Onyx Extreme. If you order Tiger, we send Tiger. If you order Extreme, we send Extreme. And, just for your own clarification we don’t sell “fake” anything. Onyx Extreme are a separate tip that stands on its own.

Now, looking at that tip, you mangled it. It’s not the tip.

I don’t know what you did to that tip but it’s not normal and not a normal install. Installing without a lathe is more abusive than with a lathe.

I’m done with this.

Erik Walker <ew.agent@gmail.com>
8:58 PM (34 minutes ago)
to info

You do understand that this is not what i ordered, look at my order this is different

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This is why no one buys from him. Sorry man, file a BBB complaint and ask Tiger if they sold him tips. If they didn't, get him for fraud

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
Ok. So, IMO you kind are asking a lot. Leather tips are natural things. Sometimes they run softer or harder than the manufacture wanted. It’s leather, and happens with every tip manufacture. Asking for a new tip after you install it and then saying it’s too hard is stunningly crazy. Then you called him a fool before he was rude to you.

I’m not saying he is a good guy or trying to be in his corner, but I think you are in the wrong.

amonkire

Registered
First I called him a fool because he sent me a copy and thought I wouldn't notice and at first i didn't but nothing added up.
1. last time i got a tiger onyx it had a code on it showing it wasn't a copy.
2. it delaminated easily?!, in 7yrs. I've never seen a real tiger onyx do that.
3. the second tip cut very soft, because i cut them with just a blade I can generally feel the density it was alot softer then usual and even different from the first.

after that I rechecked the order and saw that I did in fact order a tiger onyx but received a onyx extreme I found this to be the case after double checking the color strip in both the tips, I also sent him the pics. He just got mad because he got caught!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
First I called him a fool because he sent me a copy and thought I wouldn't notice and at first i didn't but nothing added up.
1. last time i got a tiger onyx it had a code on it showing it wasn't a copy.
2. it delaminated easily?!, in 7yrs. I've never seen a real tiger onyx do that.
3. the second tip cut very soft, because i cut them with just a blade I can generally feel the density it was alot softer then usual and even different from the first.

after that I rechecked the order and saw that I did in fact order a tiger onyx but received a onyx extreme I found this to be the case after double checking the color strip in both the tips, I also sent him the pics. He just got mad because he got caught!

Can you post some pictures? That would be educational and helpful.

Yes, he has a long history of BS and is especially known for his tirades against manufacturers. Even for him, I'm a little surprised he didn't take care of things. What's the advantage to him to piss off a long time customer for a couple of tips? Dumb!

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
I .mailed joe a money order for an order and several days later I called. I asked him if he received my M. O. and he said he only checks the mail once a month. I told him when he gets my M O to turn it around and send it back. I was lucky.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
joe barringer is the owner of https://www.cuecomponents.com/ and a very shady figure at best. I ordered two tips from him and he sent me fakes then went off the hinges when I confronted him about it take a look at the emails. What is sad is that he knows that he is now cheating people, sending copies, but after looking him up I see that this isn't the first time he has done illegal things! Just thought people should know. I would sue but he is only shorting me about 10 bucks, not worth my time.

CueComponents
Wed, Aug 12, 10:53 AM (10 days ago)
Erik, I received your phone call but we are out-of-town, what’s the problem? -- Kind Regards, Joe info@CueComponents.com 386-424-0300 illegitimi non carborundum

Erik Walker
Wed, Aug 12, 3:59 PM (10 days ago)
I recently received several tips from you, two of which were tiger onyx, but both were not good. One delaminated and the other is hard as a rock and miscueing.

CueComponents
Wed, Aug 12, 6:15 PM (10 days ago)
Erik, These tips come directly from Tiger and no one complains about them. The tips are manufactured to certain specifications. Any errors or delamination is du

Erik Walker
Thu, Aug 13, 12:36 AM (9 days ago)
I hope you are still going to make this right because you are a good person & business man !?

CueComponents
Thu, Aug 13, 12:58 AM (9 days ago)
Sorry we do not refund on tips that delaminate due to human error.

Erik Walker
Thu, Aug 13, 8:09 PM (9 days ago)
Fool, I know that it was not human error, I also know that it was not the same tips that I've been getting from you, Those two are very different. I could easil

Fri, Aug 14, 12:07 AM (8 days ago)
to me

You’re an asshole plain and simple. They’re the same tips we’ve been selling for 20 years. You screwed them up with your quality installation. Tips just don’t go bad without human intervention. Face reality pinhead. I don’t need to rip you off for $20 stinking dollars. Please tell everyone you can and who’ll listen to your bullshit. You don’t like my reply so obviously it’s our fault rather than admit it was you.

You expect me to pay for your screw-up. Not happening.

Now, go away and back under the rock you came from.

CueComponents
Fri, Aug 21, 11:40 AM (1 day ago)
Eric, What’s the problem? -- Kind Regards, Joe info@CueComponents.com 386-424-0300 illegitimi non carborundum

Erik Walker
7:33 PM (1 hour ago)
i had received two tips that were not what i ordered, they are the fake tiger onyx they have a brown strip in them not red, I tried to tell you guys that they were different but then all communication went wrong. I have the proof it is not my install that was the problem, it was inferior tips. Also I would like to add that I do all my installs by hand not lathe so I don't have heat problems. Now it would be good of you to send me the tips that I ordered which were the tiger onyx not the onyx extreme that was sent last time, I can also show the pics. In all of my orders with your company I have never had a problem with tiger onyx tips or any other company for that matter. I just need you to make this right.

CueComponents
8:24 PM (1 hour ago)
Let me explain something to you. We have Tiger Onyx and Onyx Extreme. If you order Tiger, we send Tiger. If you order Extreme, we send Extreme. And, just for your own clarification we don’t sell “fake” anything. Onyx Extreme are a separate tip that stands on its own.

Now, looking at that tip, you mangled it. It’s not the tip.

I don’t know what you did to that tip but it’s not normal and not a normal install. Installing without a lathe is more abusive than with a lathe.

I’m done with this.

Erik Walker <ew.agent@gmail.com>
8:58 PM (34 minutes ago)
to info

You do understand that this is not what i ordered, look at my order this is different
Dude is a COLOSSAL a-hole. I ordered some tips. They came apart. Every one. Had a longtime cue guy do the work. Every tip install protocol was followed. Barringer still blamed my cue guy. Talked all kinds of shit. Pure maggot in my book.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've ordered lots of tips from Joe and never had any problem, although for the price, I prefer Precision tips from Dennis Searing. They trim up easily at installation, play great and rarely mushroom.
I've used Tiger tips from Joe Barringer and installed quite a few that others bought from him. What I did see is inconsistency in hardness, especially in the Tiger Everest and I believe it's just the way Tiger makes tips.
If your biggest problem in life is a leather tip, count yourself lucky.
Joe Barringer is a stand up guy.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've ordered lots of tips from Joe and never had any problem, although for the price, I prefer Precision tips from Dennis Searing. They trim up easily at installation, play great and rarely mushroom.
I've used Tiger tips from Joe Barringer and installed quite a few that others bought from him. What I did see is inconsistency in hardness, especially in the Tiger Everest and I believe it's just the way Tiger makes tips.
If your biggest problem in life is a leather tip, count yourself lucky.
Joe Barringer is a stand up guy.
Whatever dude. He's stand-up ONLY as long as you don't have a problem. His service/attitude after a sale is a fkng joke. Guy is a complete tool. I know LOTS of people, players and builders, that can tell horror stories about the guy.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am new to putting tips on with a lathe, been doing it by hand for years. I bought some Lepro tips from him to practice with and thought I was doing something really wrong because they pretty much disintegrated when trying to shape them with the radius trimmer.

I got some Lepro tips from another source and haven't had a single issue with the one purchased from the other source.

So either he got a bad batch from Lepro or sold me some knock offs that are junk. I will say the tips from the other source do look a tad darker compared to the ones I got from the Cue Component place.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe

I first met Joe on the mechanic's forum. We started off on the wrong foot but agreed we didn't have time to waste. Funny thing, we quickly found common ground there. I gave Joe a try, a handful of decent sized orders, not huge, no problems.

Then I had a shipment with issues, primarily light weight on the ivory. Joe said he would make it up and reship the order. Thought I misunderstood. Nope, Joe made up for the light shipment plus reshipped the original order. I got double the ivory I paid for.

Joe has scaled back his business now, no idea how he is rolling. When I dealt with him he might ship several large UPS trucks a day of packages out. A given there would be the occasional issue. Most were dealt with well but with the volume Joe was dealing a few percent unhappy people were a lot of people. I have always found Joe outstanding to deal with. Long term cue builders have used him happily for many years too.

I placed an order with a company with a great reputation. Multiples of a dozen or so different items, stocking my shop. It was almost comical, seemed like somebody had reached into the bin next to everything I ordered. Out of a dozen different things, eight different groups of things were wrong. Not expecting any problems, I called the company. I talked to a great puckered smelly butthole!! I reported what happened to the builders forum, everybody told me to talk to Xxx, he was a great guy and would make it right. Xxx was who I had talked to. Screw him and the horse he rode in on too, never spent another cent with that company although I hate not buying something somebody makes from that company when I can.

Joe had a multi-million dollar a year business before scaling it back. He still dealt with most unhappy customers directly. I suspect it usually worked out if the customer was reasonable like I was. Calling him a fool or otherwise insulting him is a fine way to get his back up too then he doesn't give a rat's ass about making that customer happy. Maybe not the best way to do business but note what I said above. Joe had a multi-million dollar a year business, and it rolled that way for quite a few years. He is a very successful businessman by any standards. A saint, no. His friends like him, his enemies hate him. He enjoys one group about as much as the other!

Hu

amonkire

Registered
Erik Walker
Sat, Aug 22, 8:58 PM (2 days ago)

Sun, Aug 23, 12:57 PM (12 hours ago)
to me

Erik,

You’re spinning your wheels here. You damaged the product and now expect us to make it right; not happening. A client told us you cried on AZ. We don’t visit that scum factory as we have nothing in common with all those born losers. We do however, want to thank you very much for posting on AZ and giving us the publicity. You see, good news or bad news promotes business and increases our exposure, web site hits and orders as well. Be sure to say hi to all the fiends on there and thank everyone and please keep that thread going!

Have a great week.

Well this is a real stand up guy, trust worth, honest, great business man etc ?! NOT, but at least he spelled my name right this time.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Erik Walker
Sat, Aug 22, 8:58 PM (2 days ago)

Sun, Aug 23, 12:57 PM (12 hours ago)
to me

Erik,

You’re spinning your wheels here. You damaged the product and now expect us to make it right; not happening. A client told us you cried on AZ. We don’t visit that scum factory as we have nothing in common with all those born losers. We do however, want to thank you very much for posting on AZ and giving us the publicity. You see, good news or bad news promotes business and increases our exposure, web site hits and orders as well. Be sure to say hi to all the fiends on there and thank everyone and please keep that thread going!

Have a great week.

He doesn't visit because he is banned

amonkire

Registered
Any body that takes an order for product a and then sends product b which is cheaper is a thief. Perhaps I was wrong for calling him a fool for believing that someone who has install as many tips as me and mostly product a, would not notice the difference. No he is just a low level thief nothing more, yes forgive me for my mistake. Also I don't think much of anyone in business that tries to cheat people or those that make accuses for thief's, they are usually just as bad.