Cue Tip Size And Shape Effects

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
both dave and bob are very good players and can beat almost all here, and know infinitely more than all but a few and those must be a tie.

but if you believe in the myths or something different than science than thats okay for you. and possibly you shouldn't change as you would play worse using things that you don't believe in. so for some, tip shape, size, shaft size, chalk, etc. may make a big difference in your skill as confidence in your stroke and equipment do play a part in your performance.

I know Bob is a very competent player, I'm not so sure about others from the slide rule set.

My point is that when it comes to pool, we shouldn't all automatically kowtow to the tyranny of science because pool ain't all about the science. To paraphrase Paul Feyerabend: science is incomplete and we should take care when listening to intellectual imperialists.

Lou Figueroa

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is your degree? Barely a GED? You're right, math and science is a conspiracy because you know better than most of the planet.

Cuz intelly gence is dum as hell! Bless 'Merica!

I have a PhD in fluid mechanics, bro.

It’s not a big deal, so I don’t go around calling myself Dr pvc Lou. Also, none of my colleagues call themselves Dr so and so.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Bob is a very competent player, I'm not so sure about others from the slide rule set.

My point is that when it comes to pool, we shouldn't all automatically kowtow to the tyranny of science because pool ain't all about the science. To paraphrase Paul Feyerabend: science is incomplete and we should take care when listening to intellectual imperialists.

Lou Figueroa

Agreed

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
If it was all science the good doctor and his assistant would be playing in the MC.

Pool “science” is of little use when actually playing pool. The one thing we can all agree on is that playing at a top level requires tons of skill that can be developed only through extensive practice and experience. There are also many other non-“science” attributes and behaviors required:

Regardless, pool physics undertanding can be useful in developing skill faster and better.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
The good doctor is about as much of a scientist as he is a pool player.

Agreed. I am an engineer, author, content creator, and pool instructor. I know a lot about physics and how it applies to pool, and I am also decent at math, but I am not really a “scientist.”

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. I am an engineer, author, content creator, and pool instructor. I know a lot about physics and how it applies to pool, and I am also decent at math, but I am not really a “scientist.”

Good on you for admitting as much.

I could say more, but I won’t.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good on you too, Dr. PVC Lou, the Fluid Mechanics “Scientist.” You better be careful with all the “science” talk. It might turn a large group of AZB users against you. Many people here seem to think “science” is a bad thing. 😢
Tell me about it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
If you want to argue physics with someone who obviously knows more than you, go right ahead......but the name calling will cease.
I don't want to argue physics because it's totally unnecessary for anyone to play that way. The game is visual with touch and planning routes, that's it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The same goes for you as well. Your comments have always been ignorant. I feel sorry for you. Looking inwards you don’t like what you see.
LMAO! I love who I am, what I do, and what I say. Worry about yourself. The finger that you're pointing has your thumb pointing right back at you.