D Appleton is against pivoting for spin ?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I remember this video. It's a good one. What he shows here is not Stan's version of basic CTE with pivots. If so, no one would've been questioning how to do it.
Bullshit! There is nothing on Earth Stan or Hal Houle could have done without getting blasted for one thing or another.
And who would have been the first to do it? YOU GUESSED IT IF YOU SAID PAT JOHNSON, who was the first in 1997 to go after Hal Houle on RSB and then other users. He has never stopped after 25 years.
Little Chris's version (no "perceptions") is pretty simple to understand.
The main thing is the forehead camera. It's like seeing directly through his eyes. He does other videos with it also.
Don't forget to mention the PIVOTS. OK, I will. The camera makes all the difference in the world showing where the
angled cue and tip needs to be placed and aimed and how it's done. It's called PIVOTING.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bullshit! There is nothing on Earth Stan or Hal Houle could have done without getting blasted for one thing or another.
And who would have been the first to do it? YOU GUESSED IT IF YOU SAID PAT JOHNSON, who was the first in 1997 to go after Hal Houle on RSB and then other users. He has never stopped after 25 years.

The main thing is the forehead camera. It's like seeing directly through his eyes. He does other videos with it also.
Don't forget to mention the PIVOTS. OK, I will. The camera makes all the difference in the world showing where the
angled cue and tip needs to be placed and aimed and how it's done. It's called PIVOTING.

He wasn't using a head camera. He was using a stand and placed his cue under it. But I understand...good visual perspective.

phreaticus

I already know his. How about you, have you left the house to play pool lately?
Cookie man, basically I don’t post much. Except for your absurd sycophantic wonder-twin obsession with Spider boy, I’ve concluded over time that you are semi sane & can probably play some.

Left the house? I’m on a short biz trip to France & Germany this week & just wrapped up some 100€/game 9ball in a shitty little place in NE Paris. As for tournaments, I play some but mostly dive bar 8ball stuff, which sounds like is beneath you. I wander far & wide and am easy to find in SanFran, CA area when at home, feel free to come hunt me down. I suck but play everything for anything & will take the 7b from anyone.

If you guys are done measuring male body parts, sharing 3rd party resumes & misrepresenting yourselves as wanna be pro instructors maybe we get back to topic. If Spidey & Patrick can get over their insane quarter century Hatfield/Mccoy feud, the Aiming Forum might be worth a shit again. You should work on your pal Spiderboy to help him understand that no one really cares about Hal either way anymore and no one is really denigrating CTE, we’re just making fun of HIM, and that if he would stop typing emotional all caps preachy rants like a whiney little bitch, especially incoherent crap that he’s already said 5000 times, some folks might actually pay attention to what you guys say from time to time.

✌️

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
He wasn't using a head camera. He was using a stand and placed his cue under it. But I understand...good visual perspective.
You're right. I think I got it mixed up with another one of his videos that I just watched or maybe it was another instructor's video, but the head camera was used. What a great perspective on both of the methods. Nothing 2D about them and super live visual training tools as far as being able to see exactly what you're supposed to see when down on the balls whether a pivot is used or not. It's a visual game in real life, not on paper. Good players are doing things with the tip of their cue and the angles of them either at address or dynamically that need to be seen, learned, and copied.

I would love to see what Bustamante does with a head camera from his perspective. Where does that tip and angle of the cue end up?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Cookie man, basically I don’t post much. Except for your absurd sycophantic wonder-twin obsession with Spider boy, I’ve concluded over time that you are semi sane & can probably play some.

Left the house? I’m on a short biz trip to France & Germany this week & just wrapped up some 100€/game 9ball in a shitty little place in NE Paris. As for tournaments, I play some but mostly dive bar 8ball stuff, which sounds like is beneath you. I wander far & wide and am easy to find in SanFran, CA area when at home, feel free to come hunt me down. I suck but play everything for anything & will take the 7b from anyone.

If you guys are done measuring male body parts, sharing 3rd party resumes & misrepresenting yourselves as wanna be pro instructors maybe we get back to topic. If Spidey & Patrick can get over their insane quarter century Hatfield/Mccoy feud, the Aiming Forum might be worth a shit again. You should work on your pal Spiderboy to help him understand that no one really cares about Hal either way anymore and no one is really denigrating CTE, we’re just making fun of HIM, and that if he would stop typing emotional all caps preachy rants like a whiney little bitch, especially incoherent crap that he’s already said 5000 times, some folks might actually pay attention to what you guys say from time to time.

✌️
Go screw yourself, Narcissus. I could give a rat's ass what you think about how I post and what I say. You aren't the moderator and no more than a wart on a junkyard dog's butt. Now that I know how much you really care about what I
say and how I say it and how it gets to you, I'll be amping it up even further. Now, read my first sentence again and change the second word to something else that has more ooomph to it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This is Lil' Chris using the head camera that I got mixed up on.

Also, another one with Evgeny Buslaev doing a 30 ball skill challenge without hitting another ball while doing it. Tip position on CB is shown in the upper right-hand corner on the screen before each shot. Certainly beats worthless 2D drawings with some garbage physics equation tied into it.

Last edited:

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
Here Venom covers several aiming systems, CTE is covered starting at 6:30, this is by far the best description of CTE that I have seen. He also covers my favorites, Ghost ball and HAMB.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Here Venom covers several aiming systems, CTE is covered starting at 6:30, this is by far the best description of CTE that I have seen. He also covers my favorites, Ghost ball and HAMB.
ROTFLMFAO! The video this clueless pretender made would be like a newbie holding a revolver for the first time with his non-trigger hand covering the loaded cylinder and then pulling the trigger.
No wonder you post the way you do if you think this guy knows what he's doing. Jesus Keyriced! Learn it the right way and refrain from posting about it because it only points out you know ZIP or how it's done. That is unless you just like looking stupid and making a fool out of yourself.

Last edited:

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
ROTFLMFAO! The video this clueless pretender made would be like a newbie holding a revolver for the first time with his non-trigger hand covering the loaded cylinder and then pulling the trigger.
No wonder you post the way you do if you think this guy knows what he's doing. Jesus Keyriced! Learn it the right way and refrain from posting about it because it only points out you know ZIP or how it's done. That is unless you just like looking stupid and making a fool out of yourself.
I'll leave the looking a fool to you. You obviously have the experience and a natural talent.

phreaticus

Go screw yourself, Narcissus. I could give a rat's ass what you think about how I post and what I say. You aren't the moderator and no more than a wart on a junkyard dog's butt. Now that I know how much you really care about what I
say and how I say it and how it gets to you, I'll be amping it up even further. Now, read my first sentence again and change the second word to something else that has more ooomph to it.
Fair enough, I was pretty buzzed last night when I posted my last one, it was a bit saucy even for me. I was thinking about editing that post to modulate it a bit while still torturing you further because its just so easy & fun - but I'll own my silly posts, and there is really no need as you so make such an absolutely vivid ass of yourself better than anyone else can do. Sounds like we can look forward to you doing it for many more years and thus we have not only NPR but also Aiming forum for our continued sick & twisted trainwreck entertainment factor. Alas not much education or actual intelligent discussion to be found - which is a bit of a shame, but I think most are just resigned to this state of things after so many years of it...

A few months ago in some other of these long threads I tried to carefully & diplomatically point out that all the pivoting BS is IMO what the CTE camp has struggled with forever. This is self evident by watching CTE through its various evolutions & permutations (manual pivots, visual sweeps, disguised pivots, shot circles, head ticks... who knows what else comes in rev CTE 3.4xyz) This is actually the weak/broken part of CTE philosophy, but you guys never bother to respond coherently to that part of the discussion, instead just went on more of your never ending hyper defensive rants. You can't or won't grasp that some of us utilize CTE concepts and other various aiming systems very well with none of the pivoting chaos, and are incapable of even discussing it without melting down.

So, its more efficient & fun to just harass you. Obviously you and others find pivoting concepts to be a holy sacrament of pool etc, and get those approaches to work very well - but many (most?) of us including many pros do not, instead preferring to see the shot line, orient our vision, stance and drop-in directly on to it. This is also IMO related to the "air stroking" that some folks have talked about in other threads that you see many strong players do. I have no idea what Bustamante or other guys are actually doing (I think no one claims they do, except you) but I personally don't see pivots when I look at most of these guys in video, in fact quite the opposite - but you somehow are convinced some of these pros are doing what you imagine them to be doing and seem hell bent on evangelizing till your death. Can't see the pivots? well they are disguised of course! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, pivot, no pivot, conveniently invisible pivots, BHE, swoops - most of us could care less. What works, works. Most sane folks are going to teach some form of squared away fundamentals & stroking with least dynamic motions to newer shooters and stronger players will continue to evolve their game however they want.

Try to not get these too bunched up as you "amp it up" brother. We know you like 2D images so much

1664293253546.png

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Anyway, pivot, no pivot, conveniently invisible pivots, BHE, swoops - most of us could care less. What works, works. Most sane folks are going to teach some form of squared away fundamentals & stroking with least dynamic motions to newer shooters and stronger players will continue to evolve their game however they want.
I could care less what you use and how you do it, Narcissus. Nobody has asked and nobody cares. You're the only
D_ _CHE BAG jumping all over CTE users and what you "think" is done. If there is any idiot, it's you. CTE isn't for newbie shooters. Nor is CTE for everyone any more than other aiming systems could be right or wrong.
Try to not get these too bunched up as you "amp it up" brother. We know you like 2D images so much

View attachment 663661
Those are neat. Give your address and I'll send an autographed one with some stains on the back.

phreaticus

I could care less what you use and how you do it, Narcissus. Nobody has asked and nobody cares. You're the only
D_ _CHE BAG jumping all over CTE users and what you "think" is done. If there is any idiot, it's you. CTE isn't for newbie shooters. Nor is CTE for everyone any more than other aiming systems could be right or wrong.

Those are neat. Give your address and I'll send an autographed one with some stains on the back.
Thats a bit of improvement, right on! A glimmer of a sense of humor even. Funniest part of your post is that you blanked out 2 letters of douchebag like some cue sellers weirdly do for ivory. Very respectful safe zone for us all, thanks!

Hey I found a vid on YT of you & cookie playing together, must of been an extended practice session or something. Pretty cool, you guys have really good energy together and I now see why you consider yourself a semi pro instructor.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Thats a bit of improvement, right on! A glimmer of a sense of humor even. Funniest part of your post is that you blanked out 2 letters of douchebag like some cue sellers weirdly do for ivory. Very respectful safe zone for us all, thanks!
It's only for some of the haters who will report anything and everything like "name calling" to try getting a BAN.
Hey I found a vid on YT of you & cookie playing together, must of been an extended practice session or something. Pretty cool, you guys have really good energy together and I now see why you consider yourself a semi pro instructor.
Which one of us is the better looking?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
This is my first time listening to D.A. explaining the shot
I totally agree with what he's saying, just explain it in a different way.
Probably because he's from over the pond and I'm next to the Ark River Headwaters.
I walk up to the cue ball, addressing the exact spot on the CB/high/low left or right, making sure I swing Straight at the CB target area.
This creates a baseline of ''shot feel''.
If I miss it a little left or right, I know immediately my approach was wrong.
I'm not talking about missing shape, I'm talking about missing the pocket.
That change can easily be adjusted when it doesn't ''feel'' right by getting back up off the shot and reapproaching the shot line a little more left or a little more right.
KIS
Remember, you learn allot more from your misses that your makes.
As play conditions change with humidity/cloth wear/chalk dust/hand oil, you MUST change your ''swingin' it straight'' walk up to the shot line.
This way you'll become very aware When ''table conditions change''.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Both way too sexy to make a call. But Cookie is fuzzy like my fat cats at home and I like to squeeze them, so he gets the nod
Yeh, he also gets all the women. He has all of these sweet pastries that he gives to them, and they follow around like he's the Pied Piper.