Damn the 'Rona! Full (pool) speed ahead!!

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
My friend who 3 years ago opened the nicest pool room in Chicago ("Surge" in the Albany Park neighborhood, his second) will open his third room day after tomorrow. It will also be called Surge and is located in the Logan Square neighborhood a couple miles south (toward downtown) from the original Surge.

The best part? All new Diamond tables (and that bar!). Here's a couple pics I took today to whet your appetite in case you're ever nearby...

pj
chgo

IMG_4221.jpg
IMG_4225.jpg

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Looks good. Can't wait to check it out. I played pool at Surge in 2018 and loved the place. For the first time in many years, I didn't make it to Chicago this year, so hoping for a 2021 visit.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Looks good. Can't wait to check it out. I played pool at Surge in 2018 and loved the place. For the first time in many years, I didn't make it to Chicago this year, so hoping for a 2021 visit.
I'll hold a table for you, Stu.

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Damn the 'Rona! <- NOT REALLY

In case I gave the wrong impression with this joke, rest assured that Surge takes COVID precautions very seriously, following mask and occupancy requirements and cleaning balls/tables after every use.

pj
chgo

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
If it is as comfortable as the Surge in AP it will be a hit. Logan Square is a great area, my wife and daughters love to go there and shop. I hangout just outside the stores they are in and twiddle my thumbs.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Awesome!

It was a pleasure working with Wahib on this ! I have not seen the final product since we installed the tables last month:)

Wahib has a very clear vision of what a pool room should be and I tend to AGREE! I have to head to FLA and when I get back I will be out that way. We will play some one pocket! See ya soon Pat!

Trent from Toledo

Attachments

• 108777819_10223745398605904_2474699409475085348_o.jpg
    108777819_10223745398605904_2474699409475085348_o.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 535

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Damn the 'Rona! <- NOT REALLY

In case I gave the wrong impression with this joke, rest assured that Surge takes COVID precautions very seriously, following mask and occupancy requirements and cleaning balls/tables after every use.

pj
chgo

Ironic name considering we seem to be in a surge.

That place is worth the risk - love it. Wish we had something like that. In CA it wouldn't really be feasible at the moment.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It was a pleasure working with Wahib on this ! I have not seen the final product since we installed the tables last month:)

Wahib has a very clear vision of what a pool room should be and I tend to AGREE! I have to head to FLA and when I get back I will be out that way. We will play some one pocket! See ya soon Pat!

Trent from Toledo
Sounds good, Trent - bring your B game! :smile:

And the tables look great!

pj
chgo

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
patrick
its a beautiful room
not to be a party pooper
but
will they require masks?
would you be comfortable to be in a poolroom now since i think you qualify as a senior citizen (icbw)?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't answer for Pat, Larry, but the answers are yes, and yes.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

patrick
its a beautiful room
not to be a party pooper
but
will they require masks?
would you be comfortable to be in a poolroom now since i think you qualify as a senior citizen (icbw)?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are we going to play some more soon Trent? Are you coming to Indian Rocks?

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

You know thats all I got!! AHAHAHAHAHA. I do love to play and that is all that matters :)
Seee ya'all soon!

TFT