Darren Appleton vs Earl Strickland on 4 pocket Diamond table

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know all about Earl and his feelings toward side pockets but does anyone have the exact backstory on this particular table?

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl cant win challenge matches straight up... needs to make everything a dumbass gimmick. The is stupid as shit, not going to waste my time on this one. After he loses this one its going to need to be a 10 foot table without side pockets. Then its gonna need to be heated. Then everyone is going to have to shoot one handed. Then your gonna have to wear an eye patch over one eye...

I take it you are still not over Earl beating SVB on the ten foot table? LOL

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Perhaps you would rather have a Straight Pool World Championship decided on a coin table with an over sized heavy weight cue ball.

No offense intended.

I hear you...

but considering the state of where the game is right now, I think this can only help...

IF it were on television & more than just die hard players paying for the stream to see it.

Best 2 Ya,
Rick

Certainly no offense taken. I guess I should be happy that we get to see anybody holding a cue playing anything these days. I just can't figure what the point of these gaff games are though. They've even come up with a two pocketed table for onepocket. I guess its all good in theory, but the reality is that players 'round the nation have damn few tables to play on and what remain seem to be moving to bar boxes. At least those have 6 pockets, lol.

I suppose that some here would like to have a dedicated table for each game, all with their own specs. Its just that its utterly impractical and cost prohibitive to implement. Hell, we live in a world where each table in each pool hall is libel to play differently.

I guess beggars can't be choosers. End of rant.

SeabrookMiglla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im not gonna write off earl, but i'd still put appleton as the favorite...

appleton is still a consistent top tier player as of right now, earl is a player is in the twiilight of his career but still very capable of putting on an exceptional performance on any given day.

im not sure if anyone can really guess what is gonna happen, has this ever been done before? much less on video?

It's George

Bet Something!!!
Silver Member
I like Earl in this one. He will be out to prove something and will be hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
im not gonna write off earl, but i'd still put appleton as the favorite...

appleton is still a consistent top tier player as of right now, earl is a player is in the twiilight of his career but still very capable of putting on an exceptional performance on any given day.

im not sure if anyone can really guess what is gonna happen, has this ever been done before? much less on video?

yeah, Earl is one of my favorites, but did not DA win a Chinese 8 ball match not to long ago ? No easy feat, on a 9 foot table, with tight pockets, and tough cloth.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
yeah, Earl is one of my favorites, but did not DA win a Chinese 8 ball match not to long ago ? No easy feat, on a 9 foot table, with tight pockets, and tough cloth.

That's all well and good but a table set up like this is where pure shot makers, gunslingers will excel. While Daz is a very talented man he is not Earl in that dept. I like Earl in this.

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonder if the next table to be put out will be a one pocket table with only 2 pockets? Never seen one so I am unaware of one existing.

If DA doesn't take it serious, Earl will win. But DA has to be the favorite. In his prime, ES would be the favorite easily. Haven't seen anybody able to catch the gears that he had. Loved watching him play.

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonder if the next table to be put out will be a one pocket table with only 2 pockets? Never seen one so I am unaware of one existing.

They exist ...from my picture files ------>

Attachments

• 000000000000000000000000000000X.jpg
    000000000000000000000000000000X.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 951

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I take it you are still not over Earl beating SVB on the ten foot table? LOL

Oh, you mean the 10 foot table that was heated with 760 on the bed and 860 on the rails with a shot clock? (not joking)

Another gimmick...

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think may players like it, but I'd like see a two shot roll out, (no jump cues) match between Daz, and Earl

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This match will settle once and for all - the question no one has been asking: Who is the better player over a few days in May, on a 10 footer with no side pockets!!!?

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

If DA doesn't take it serious, Earl will win. But DA has to be the favorite. In his prime, ES would be the favorite easily. Haven't seen anybody able to catch the gears that he had. Loved watching him play.

-

One pocket tables are out there that have only two pockets on the foot end.

Rob.M

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
SVB beat Earl almost always. He lost one long race playing on a gaffy 10 foot table, yes, but I don't think the table was why he lost. So why did Shane lose?

a) Earl played like God. Can't take that away from him.

b) Earl had a long cue and could reach everything comfortably. SVB was often stretching and it clearly caused him difficulty.

c) Earl set some kind of a new record for *****ing, moaning and sharking that match. It was really something else, even by Earl standards.

As for the 4-pocket table, Daz should excel. His cue ball control is absurd. I would say the only way Earl wins is if the race is long and Daz loses focus.