Dennis vs Scott for $150k..?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
‎From Facebook 7 hrs ago (unedited):

Christopher Clark‎ to On Cue News 4 You
7 hrs ·

Who Do You All Like

WOW!!! Race to 40 for 150,000$ (race to 10 each day)
Dennis Orcollo vs Scott Frost even Onepocket March 2-5 at Dave Coles Carom Room in Beloit Wisconsin. 75,000$ from each side and 10k has been locked up from each side for no show pay. I think this is the largest cash match to date on stream and I'd like to thank Ariel Roy Francisco, Jason Sword, Alan Sword, Matt Wiegman and Hank Smith the Tank
"I guess it took me going into semi retirement for this to happen, but who would turn this down"?
Understand that I'm so thankful to be in this position and have great respect for Dennis and his game. Thank you
Thanks to all involved and ALL who will be watching!!!
Live on Pay Per View with Ontherailtv.com and Lenny Marshall. PAY PER VIEW details will be out within 10 days!!! Thanks EVERYONE!!!
WE WANT TO MAKE THIS AFFORDABLE FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD TO WATCH!!! Pay-per-view rates will be at the lowest ever! This is a record setting match and you will all get to watch it from your homes and it will NOT hurt your wallet!!!
FYI-any FB live streamers caught will be exposed and reported. For the amount Lenny Marshall is going to charge it's not needed nor fair to the men who've worked hard to make this happen. Thanks
My take on this match
I'm a tad surprised they didn't negotiate a small spot even 9 - 8 I think when in the balls Dennis will excel with that said I see Scott's overall knowledge and experience and the ability to outmove Dennis. just might be to much too overcome .

To be correct, they're not playing for 150k....they're playing for the other players 75k....and the winning player keeps their 75k bet. If they were playing in the finals of a tournament that first place paid 150k....then that's the winnings. Don't know why everyone likes to think they're playing for 150k when they're not.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought it was DO.

Dennis took a ball out of the pocket to measure to see if another ball would go. I believe he got called a foul for that.

He also practiced on side table during a match when there was a time-out.

Those are the two gripes people have complained about regarding Dennis during tournament play.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be correct, they're not playing for 150k....they're playing for the other players 75k....and the winning player keeps their 75k bet. If they were playing in the finals of a tournament that first place paid 150k....then that's the winnings. Don't know why everyone likes to think they're playing for 150k when they're not.

I actually agree with you but it seems like over the last 5 years or so the vernacular has changed to include both bets as the actual bet. Not sure why; maybe to pump it up and make it sound bigger than it actually is???? I have ALWAYS been under the impression that if someone says they are playing for $75,000, that's meant each player had put up $75,000 each for a total of $150,000 in the middle. As I said , in recent times many are saying they are playing for $150,000, which is the total amount in the middle. Some will specify " in the middle " while many will not. Maybe it's said like that to drive PPV sales, I don't know but I still use the old school version where if they are playing for $75,000 that still means each side is putting up $75,000 - for a total purse of $150,000.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis took a ball out of the pocket to measure to see if another ball would go. I believe he got called a foul for that.

He also practiced on side table during a match when there was a time-out.

Those are the two gripes people have complained about regarding Dennis during tournament play.

Isn't it a WELL KNOWN fact that if you use another ball to measure on table it is clearly a foul? He Can't reasonably use the excuse " he didn't know " cause if all of us beaters know then he damn well should too, no?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a guy at the pool hall approaches me and say, "hey, do you want to play for a $100".

I then say "Sure, 9 ball".

I lose and give him only $50.

Not sure how that will fly. Maybe I will try that next time at the pool hall.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't it a WELL KNOWN fact that if you use another ball to measure on table it is clearly a foul? He Can't reasonably use the excuse " he didn't know " cause if all of us beaters know then he damn well should too, no?

So he got called a foul. Who knows why he did it.

Its over and done with and will have nothing to do with this match. But some people feel they need to rehash stuff like this over and over for years.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So he got called a foul. Who knows why he did it.

Its over and done with and will have nothing to do with this match. But some people feel they need to rehash stuff like this over and over for years.

It's not really a rehash, it's only stating a fact in response to a question / statement put forth by Justin Bergman earlier in the thread. Don't believe anyone is making a big deal about it at this point.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
The money is there and no show money is posted. Legit and respected backers behind both players. No funny stuff. $150,000 in the middle. Lots of side action online already starting up. Don't miss the party.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The money is there and no show money is posted. Legit and respected backers behind both players. No funny stuff. $150,000 in the middle. Lots of side action online already starting up. Don't miss the party.

Awesome Lenny, good to hear. When will the PPV go on sale and at exactly what point will it be decided if it will be free or not, and will someone be collecting for ppv until that decision has been made and btw, who makes that decision as to free or not? TIA Lenny!

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not? If they play for 75K, isn't it the case that if you win you're up 75K, whereas if you lose you're down 75K? Isn't the difference between those two outcomes 150K?

That is true as far as a $150k swing, but I still find the terminology misleading - as I said, FOREVER it always meant if it was said such and such were playing for $150k it was inferred and KNOWN to mean EACH side was putting up $150k, that is until recent times when they seem to want to change the meaning to make it sound better or whatever.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
That is true as far as a $150k swing, but I still find the terminology misleading - as I said, FOREVER it always meant if it was said such and such was playing for $150k it was inferred and KNOWN to mean EACH side was putting up $150k, that is until recent times when they seem to want to change the meaning to make it sound better or whatever.

I agree with that. Playing for 75K means they're each putting up 75K. I don't think I said anything to the contrary.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Awesome Lenny, good to hear. When will the PPV go on sale and at exactly what point will it be decided if it will be free or not, and will someone be collecting for ppv until that decision has been made and btw, who makes that decision as to free or not? TIA Lenny!

We are working on getting enough sponsors and possibly fan support via contributions to make it free. Should know soon as we have a few sponsors committed already. As soon as you do ppv your audience is 1% of what a free stream would be which is not good for sponsors. I was approached with doing a ppv but pushed for the free stream and all involved like the idea.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Have you ever been around the guy? Ever listened to him talk? Ever been around him outside a pool hall? Ever had him tell you how much his watch cost, how much his Jordan's cost, how much his shirt cost, ad nauseum? Ever listened to him telling people how good he is, how fearless he is, ad nauseum? Ever listened to him tell people how fly he looks because of his wardrobe? Maybe I was just around him at the wrong time on multiple occasions, and I have it totally wrong. If so I apologize. Still pulling for Dennis.

Lol, I understand that type of personality in people. An old childhood friend acted exactly like that, and he was a white guy. I think some people take it to extreme levels (some not as bad as others).

We are working on making this FREE for everyone to watch. With sponsor and fan support this can happen. Get on board if you want great exposure for your product whether its pool related or not. If you have an online business we can bring you traffic because no match has been streamed to viewers for FREE that is as huge as this. Instead of having 300 people watching on a PPV lets get 100,000 people tuning in over the course of those 4 days. This will be the biggest money match in pool history!

Are there even a 100,000 pool fans out there?