Dennis vs Scott for $150k..?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Much more actually. Lots of people love pool but only so many will pay to watch it. Free opens it up to a large audience who like the big money being played for plus those around the world who can't afford to get a stream.

Lenny, one last question and I'm being serious, if some of these folks can't afford the stream is that really the demographics these sponsors ( or any sponsors for that matter ) want to go after?. It's not a consumable nor is it a commodity so...????

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I already spoke with Dennis about this match. He has well heeled backers so no problem on his end. I think the same can be said for Scott as well. The only thing that would disrupt things is if one player opted out at the last minute for any reason. If 10K each has already been posted then there is little concern about that either. Lenny, can you confirm this?

P.S. Lenny, I think you're heading in the right direction with this stream. The match is captivating enough to draw a large audience and therefore commercial rights become valuable. Basically the same as free TV on all the networks. It's a tried and proven method for success. I wish I could be there to watch and commentate, but if not I'll be watching too.

As far as I know the no show money is posted for the match. I do hope that doesn't end up happening where someone pulls up, doubtful it will. I think the audience will be larger then most because of how everyone is so connected on Facebook and whatnot. I have seen larger numbers for streams past couple of years. Matches like this don't happen often and they are never shown free, it seems to always be PPV which I understand. We are just doing it a different route with sponsors and so far it is going well and I am 99% certain it will be good to go for FREE. :thumbup:

P.S. It would be great if you can make it as it would be interesting to commentate with you since we both are on different sides. haha :p

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Lenny, one last question and I'm being serious, if some of these folks can't afford the stream is that really the demographics these sponsors ( or any sponsors for that matter ) want to go after?. It's not a consumable nor is it a commodity so...????

I understand what you are saying there but some people just don't buy pool streams but do buy billiard products. I think you have many out there who have not been exposed to a big match like this one so essentially we might be hitting some new viewers.

It is tough to get someone to pay for something when they really don't know what they are buying so I think some get hesitant with PPV streams. I saw a cool thing in the past where the first 10 minutes of a stream was free and then it prompted you to pay. You could get a sneak peek of the quality and content before you paid.

As for sponsors if they have a good product then we will get eyes on it. I know some can't afford the stream especially those in not so prosperous of a country but most people watching have some disposable income. I think to myself about how many people who would not watch the Superbowl if it was PPV. I know I wouldn't pay for it if my team wasn't playing but since it is free I tune in and get enticed by products advertised.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Lenny, I wish yall luck and hope it goes off flawlessly. But to be honest, and I'm sure you have already thought of this, one pocket will not draw the widespread interest as other games. I love one hole and pretty much all I play and love watching great players but to much of the masses they are not really gonna understand it or flat out just not like it. Hopefully you can do something to change that but I believe that's where it's at right now.Any word on if gonna be looped yet thanks!

I am uncertain as to whether I will loop the stream or not. I think one pocket is more popular then people know. More people playing it now then ever and many enjoy the dynamics of it. One thing is for sure though, the money will get people to take a look at it and hopefully the play will be top notch keeping people glued to the stream. We shall see. :smile:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
As far as I know the no show money is posted for the match. I do hope that doesn't end up happening where someone pulls up, doubtful it will. I think the audience will be larger then most because of how everyone is so connected on Facebook and whatnot. I have seen larger numbers for streams past couple of years. Matches like this don't happen often and they are never shown free, it seems to always be PPV which I understand. We are just doing it a different route with sponsors and so far it is going well and I am 99% certain it will be good to go for FREE. :thumbup:

P.S. It would be great if you can make it as it would be interesting to commentate with you since we both are on different sides. haha :p

It will be very hard for me to get away at that time due to business issues I have here. I will join you on the chat though! :thumbup:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
It will be very hard for me to get away at that time due to business issues I have here. I will join you on the chat though!
Who will be the commentators?

Sometimes it's the best part!

Some for their stories and some for their knowledge of the game!

Funny, John French again in the broadcast booth would be a big seller! Lol

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is happening to Scott's new poolhall in AZ? Is it still a go or is it a dead deal?Nothing said about it for months.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Dennis is a fantastic player no doubt and I think match will be close. If Dennis gets ahead might run away with it but seen him get all flustered multiple times especially when shane drilled his nuts in on TAR

Dennis is not very well liked for a few questionable decisions lets say
its great that he is cool with bergman but he has also had some super shady behavior in the past

what hasnt been discussed yet which im surprised is just last year dennis pulled the wool over our eyes when he played KO at steinway and the bet was fake and they chopped up the stream

then the game with shane that was supposed to be 100k he got found out about that where he just wanted to promote it get paid for playing not bet and chop the stream

the fact scotts best pal lenny is doing the stream raises concern for its legitimacy as scott has arguably a worse rep that dennis

interested to hear bergmans thoughts on frost as they have had "altercations" in the past
My thoughts on this match based on the past.

After the Ko match at Steinway, I decided that if I do make any future bets, it certainly won't be on a Dennis match.

I certainly believed that Dennis played hard against Ko, regardless of what was they were playing for, but I think the match was in no way "legitimate" or "as advertised". Ko couldn't come up with his side of the bet, and he was screamed at by the owner, so obviously he was in no mental shape to play his best. Then he "signs up" with French, the same backer that Dennis is sponsored by, before the match. We got to hear Dennis' logic when he was interviewed, and although I think he's nuts for thinking there was nothing wrong with not telling the public about the change in terms, I do think that he believed what he was saying.

My opinion on Dennis just by watching him over the years, is that he is generally a "nice guy" and that many of the things he pulls are mostly out of him being a bit naive about some things and a little goofy.

As for this match, if I was forced to place a bet -- I am leaning towards Dennis winning. Scott's knowledge of the game and his ability to move are clearly far superior to Dennis'. However, Dennis' knowledge is improving rapidly.

Where I think that Scott will fall flat is his shotmaking, believe it or not. Over the last year or so, I have seen him miss open, straight, long shots at his pocket many, many times. Against a player like Dennis, who is a far superior shot-maker and who's execution is flawless, I believe that Dennis will punish Scott for every miss. If I was Dennis, I would continue to challenge Scott by giving him long shots at his pocket from near the head rail.

It would be great if the stream of this match were free, but I also don't mind paying for it, provided that the terms of the match are honestly disclosed.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is happening to Scott's new poolhall in AZ? Is it still a go or is it a dead deal?Nothing said about it for months.
You must of not been following Scott much his new room is pretty much all he talks about he even recently said he was semi retiring from pool to run it.

Good luck to him and his new room the more good pool rooms the better :)

Attachments

• 15894771_1845814922300286_1009833599024027303_n.jpg
    15894771_1845814922300286_1009833599024027303_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 384

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Dennis is a fantastic player no doubt and I think match will be close. If Dennis gets ahead might run away with it but seen him get all flustered multiple times especially when shane drilled his nuts in on TAR

Dennis is not very well liked for a few questionable decisions lets say
its great that he is cool with bergman but he has also had some super shady behavior in the past

what hasnt been discussed yet which im surprised is just last year dennis pulled the wool over our eyes when he played KO at steinway and the bet was fake and they chopped up the stream

then the game with shane that was supposed to be 100k he got found out about that where he just wanted to promote it get paid for playing not bet and chop the stream

the fact scotts best pal lenny is doing the stream raises concern for its legitimacy as scott has arguably a worse rep that dennis

interested to hear bergmans thoughts on frost as they have had "altercations" in the past

The fact that I am doing the stream raises legitimacy concerns? I was asked to do a ppv and as most know I do mainly free streaming to viewers. I talked those involved out of it and that is mainly the players because in a ppv they make money along with the streamer. I am not in it for the money and never have been so it makes it tough for people to do funny business with me.

I am in a group conversation with all involved and the subject of the money and whatnot was a topic of discussion the other day. So unless this is an elaborate scheme by all involved to get over on me then I think it's pretty damn solid (laughing right now). I have very little to gain and lots to lose by fleecing everyone by promoting bogus money numbers on a free stream.

I forgot where I was but now I remember, the place where everyone is an expert on people they don't really know and things they know nothing about. I am trying to give you insight as a reliable source of information. I will continue to give back to the game as I have since I started streaming free for viewers since 2008 while others are only involved for what is in it for them. Good luck finding someone to speak bad of me and question my integrity who really knows me. I am sure you will tune in and you are welcome. Enjoy the match.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
You must of not been following Scott much his new room is pretty much all he talks about he even recently said he was semi retiring from pool to run it.

Good luck to him and his new room the more good pool rooms the better :)
Construction is in full effect. It is going t be s great place for pool among other things.

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
It will be very hard for me to get away at that time due to business issues I have here. I will join you on the chat though! :thumbup:

Jay if at all possible it would be great to have you commentate this match. Always love it when your in the booth and the insight you give.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Lots of action on this match in the action room. Jay is taking Dennis for some coin and I got action as always on Frost. Bartram is betting Frost. People in the know close to the players betting both sides should tell you something about legitimacy. Some are just experts in everything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7DPihJwWqQ

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay if at all possible it would be great to have you commentate this match. Always love it when your in the booth and the insight you give.

Thanks for that. I'd love to do it, since I know it will be an exciting match. I'm 99% sure this one is coming down as advertised, a big money match between two great players. Neither one of these guys is afraid to get in the box and do battle, and the bigger the bet the more they like it. Remember Scott took down the biggest score in years when he defrocked Dippy Dave in Vegas to the tune of 300K+!! As for Dennis I've never seen him turn down a money game if he could raise the money to play, including his own! The French thing was an anomaly brought on by a snake oil salesman.

Personally I'd like to see JJ in there with Billy. That would be my first choice for a star commentary team worthy of a big match like this one. Scott's pretty damn good in the booth too, but I'm afraid he will be preoccupied. :smile:
John Schmidt would be another good choice imo. He has a good clear voice, excellent knowledge of the game and timely sense of humor. I only worked with him once but was very impressed. Scott Rabon is another great One Pocket com guy! JJ and any of the other three would work well.

Last edited:

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for that. I'd love to do it, since I know it will be an exciting match. I'm 99% sure this one is coming down as advertised, a big money match between two great players. Neither one of these guys is afraid to get in the box and do battle, and the bigger the bet the more they like it. Remember Scott took down the biggest score in years when he defrocked Dippy Dave in Vegas to the tune of 300K+!! As for Dennis I've never seen him turn down a money game if he could raise the money to play, including his own! The French thing was an anomaly brought on by a snake oil salesman.

Personally I'd like to see JJ in there with Billy. That would be my first choice for a star commentary team worthy of a big match like this one. Scott's pretty damn good in the booth too, but I'm afraid he will be preoccupied. :smile:
John Schmidt would be another good choice imo. He has a great voice, excellent knowledge of the game and nice sense of humor. I only worked with him once but was very impressed. Scott Rabon is another great One Pocket com guy! JJ and any of the other three would work well.

Even though I'm not a huge one pocket guy, I think Schmidt and Rabon would be great. Very insightful to a novice player like myself, and funny.

RailBird's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay

I always enjoy your commentary and they would be lucky to have you. I watch a lot of one pocket and below is who I think are no the best commentators. I miss Grady as well

JJ
CD
JS
BI
JH