Derby City Bank Pool Updates

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
To this point, the bank pool updates were in the Bigfoot thread, but now that the Bigfoot is over, I'm opening a thread about the bank pool event.

Copied from the Bigfoot thread, here's where we stand ending Monday --

Banks round 11 is drawn and here are the matches (losses in parentheses) with all ten remaining players in action:

Justin Bergman (1) vs Francisco Bustamante (1)

Billy Thorpe (0) vs Shannon Murphy (1)

Ike Runnels (1) vs Warren Kiamco (0)

Larry Nevel (1) vs Tony Chohan (1)

Chris Melling (1) vs Dennis Hatch (1)

This round, to be played Tuesday morning at 10:00 AM, will eliminate at least three players and possibly as many as five. If exactly four players are eliminated in Round 11, there will be no byes in Round 12. If either three or five players are eliminated in Round 11, one remaining player will get a bye in Round 12, and that would be worth some cash as we're getting near the end.

Let's see how it goes.

Last edited:

The Milk Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad match up for the Ohio boys having to play one another. Was hoping Thorpe and Murphy would meet in the finals.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At a certain point are you not allowed to buy back in?
Isn't that how it works so far, if you are defeated, you get a chance to buy back in and continue?

And is every round re-drawn?

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
You can rebuy (once) until the very end.
Every round is an open draw, so you could in theory play the some opponent 3 times in a row.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can rebuy (once) until the very end.
Every round is an open draw, so you could in theory play the some opponent 3 times in a row.

And that means that if murphy beats thorpe today, they still have a chance to meet in the finals.

If thorpe wins, murphy is out.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is the bank semis not being shown on Accu-Stats? I highly anticipated some of the 9 ball banks would be streamed.

I enjoy the bigfoot but to see it has completely taken the stream place of the banks is unacceptable. The "side event" should not be bigger than one of the main events. Not a happy camper indeed!

I see the stream info for today begins with American Rotation and Bank Finals at 9pm tonight. A 460 player event gets 1 match streamed. 1P began play on Sunday and not a single match has been streamed. Geez o pete people...I can only stand so many rotation games.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Shannon Murphy has just given Billy Thorpe his first loss. Billy will have to use his buyback.

The Milk Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shannon can really play. I don't think he gets his due because of not traveling as much as some others. He has top 3 finishes on every event at DCC. Maybe this will be the year he crosses the finish line

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Ike Runnels over Warren Kiamco. Kiamco will buy back.

Francisco Bustamante over Justin Bergman. Bergman eliminated.

Round 11 completed.

Melling, Bergman and Chohan finished tied for 8th place.

We're down to seven and every one of them is carrying a loss:

Warren Kiamco, Billy Thorpe, Francisco Bustamante, Shannon Murphy, Ike Runnels, Dennis Hatch, Larry Nevel.

One of the seven remaining players will draw a bye in Round 12. which will narrow the field down to four and will bring the event down to its last two matches.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Kiamco has drawn the bye in Round 12 which means he'll be one of the last four in the event.

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why Accustats ppv is showing rotation instead of banks. I roll my eyes over many of their choices for the tv table....

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rotation on the tv table just started, I count 5 people in the audience. Great choice Accustats....