Detroit Pool Rooms..

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im thinking about moving to Detroit for awhile.. Wheres the best pool rooms.. Diamond tables are a plus.. but a well kept tight goldcrown is just as good.. I think Ill be living around 9 mile..

Das928

Banned
Im thinking about moving to Detroit for awhile.. Wheres the best pool rooms.. Diamond tables are a plus.. but a well kept tight goldcrown is just as good.. I think Ill be living around 9 mile..
Hall of Fame is around 13 mile and Mound. Been a long time since i been there not sure what type of tables are there. I live on the side of town toward the airport

IntoTheRail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hall of Fame isnt much of a pool room anymore, more like a night club that happens to have pool tables. Oak Park Q is right at 9 mile and Coolidge and I believe they have a couple diamonds there. Plush Pockets isnt too far away either and im not sure what kind of tables they have but they are super tight and look to be triple shimmed. Some pretty good tournaments at Plush too, the open always gets 30+ guys and there are two weekly handicapped tournys too.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was living there 12-15 years ago, I liked the Ivory room alot. Another great place was House of Billiards out in Farmington. I have no clue if either of them are still open. Ahhhhh 9 mile... I was the night guy at the Bluebird motel on Telegraph. Fun times..... :D
Chuck

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Blue diamond for action in Detroit........or come up to Flint, we can find you a freindly game.........;)

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Any places down river? Dearborn, Lincoln Park, Trenton, Taylor ... down that way ???

Das928

Banned
Any places down river? Dearborn, Lincoln Park, Trenton, Taylor ... down that way ???
There is Baileys in Dearborn which is a more of a hang out. Blue Diamond down in Detroit. They have 4 barboxes and 2 9Fters. 2 of the barboxes are Diamonds

Das928

Banned
When I was living there 12-15 years ago, I liked the Ivory room alot. Another great place was House of Billiards out in Farmington. I have no clue if either of them are still open. Ahhhhh 9 mile... I was the night guy at the Bluebird motel on Telegraph. Fun times..... :D
Chuck
Ivory Room is dump now. They have the Olhausen tables which I try to stay away from. They dont take care of their tables. I live right across the street from there. I would love to go there and shoot if they fixed it up

Charlie D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lets see if I can be a little help? Dearborn... Bailys I hear they have Diamonds size dont know. Lincoln Park... Ball & Cue , Fort str. south of southfield rd. mostly Diamond tables 9 footers tight pockets, no 8 footers, I believe a 12foot snooker table, Nice place.
Southgate ...Halls Billiards 13721 Northline road, I went there once,Cant remember alot about it, I think had about 20 tables. Snookers on Dix and Eureka havent been there.
Riverview.. Rack and Roll, 13634 Sibley Been there a couple of times cant think of anything negative to say.
A little more west side Westland...Electric Stick, Wayne road between Ford and Warren. Mix of 8 and 9 footers American Recreation tables, Clean place thats where I shoot most of the time.
Livonia...The Rack, 28410 Joy rd Livonia, Owned by AZ member Steve Lamoka. Lots of memorbilia on the walls, a more than a few Gold Crowns, cant remember the other tables. When I think of the Rack I think of how the old timers talk of the pool halls of old. By the way Steve is the AZ King of Michigan!!!
Garden city on Ford rd, Ivory room, Olhausen tables not a bad place could be better.
Canton..Sharks Club, Ford rd, Clean, about 16,8 footers and about 6, 9 footer Brunswicks I think the Model is "all pros," but the 9 footers look exactly like a Gold Crown, Same with the 8 footers, Great salads!
We in the greater Detroit might be having a hard time in the current job market, But we are blessed with a lot of Pool halls.
On the east side there is Plush Pocket, Hall of Fame Snookers,and I am sure there is other pool halls.
I Know I'm forgeting some, Sorry to the forgotten ones!
......................Charlie D

Das928

Banned
Southgate ...Halls Billiards 13721 Northline road, I went there once,Cant remember alot about it, I think had about 20 tables. Snookers on Dix and Eureka havent been there.
King of Michigan!!!

This place has been closed for a while now. A couple years I think

Das928

Banned
Thats what I was thinkin' too...:eek:

I loved Hall of Fame when I lived there, Plush was cool and the Rack was worth the drive!!
The Rack would be awesome if it a better smoke eater system. I can walk in there and my eyes start burning. I guess you cant have everything. But I still go there because of the competition and prices.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member

As stated in a previous post

Ball and Cue in Lincoln Park on Fort St. They have Diamonds, GC's and a 12 ft snooker table. One of the nicest places around and some good players. Weekly tournament on Thursday night.

A lot of players hang around the Lincoln Park Moose. They have 4 BB and they are open.

In Southgate there is Hall's and Snookers.

Rack and Roll is a dump. The tables are in bad shape and it is a teen's hangout.

Blue Diamond on Mon is a action place. A little slow during the summer months.

If you want some action just walk into any place and tell them. They will get you the players.

Last edited:

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Lets see if I can be a little help? Dearborn... Bailys I hear they have Diamonds size dont know. Lincoln Park... Ball & Cue , Fort str. south of southfield rd. mostly Diamond tables 9 footers tight pockets, no 8 footers, I believe a 12foot snooker table, Nice place.
Riverview.. Rack and Roll, 13634 Sibley Been there a couple of times cant think of anything negative to say.
A little more west side Westland...Electric Stick, Wayne road between Ford and Warren. Mix of 8 and 9 footers American Recreation tables, Clean place thats where I shoot most of the time.
Livonia...The Rack, 28410 Joy rd Livonia, Owned by AZ member Steve Lamoka. Lots of memorbilia on the walls, a more than a few Gold Crowns, cant remember the other tables. When I think of the Rack I think of how the old timers talk of the pool halls of old. By the way Steve is the AZ King of Michigan!!!
Garden city on Ford rd, Ivory room, Olhausen tables not a bad place could be better.
Canton..Sharks Club, Ford rd, Clean, about 16,8 footers and about 6, 9 footer Brunswicks I think the Model is "all pros," but the 9 footers look exactly like a Gold Crown, Same with the 8 footers, Great salads!
We in the greater Detroit might be having a hard time in the current job market, But we are blessed with a lot of Pool halls.
On the east side there is Plush Pocket, Hall of Fame Snookers,and I am sure there is other pool halls.
I Know I'm forgeting some, Sorry to the forgotten ones!
......................Charlie D

Charlie, Great information. Really great information.

So, since you have all knowledge of the Detroit (downriver and west side, at least) pool scene: Any weekly tournaments I might be interested in at any of those parlors ???

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member

Blue Diamond on Mon is a action place. A little slow during the summer months.

If you want some action just walk into any place and tell them. They will get you the players.

Hey Book, Where is Blue Diamond ??? Thanks.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member

Ball and Cue in Lincoln Park on Fort St. They have Diamonds, GC's and a 12 ft snooker table. One of the nicest places around and some good players. Weekly tournament on Thursday night.

Folks interested in snooker can find a number of pool halls with 10' and 12' tables in Michigan:
http://www.findsnooker.com/Michigan.html

And sometimes all you need to do is walk into a place--the action, if you want it, will find you.

The last I was in Hall of Fame was a year and a half ago. Either on that visit or a previous one I saw a one-pocket set that drew easily 40 - 50 railbirds. If Plush Pockets at 12 Mile & Dequindre still has tournaments then you'll find good competition there, too.