Here's something to look at.

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table looks nice.
But until the 10ft. table comes out all I can say is...
the table looks nice.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Table looks nice.
But until the 10ft. table comes out all I can say is...
the table looks nice.

It's coming...but I'm taking the path of least resistance first, that way Diamond can make their intentions known first...before they take on the big three in the 5'x10' billiards industry...because I don't like competition....so the Diamond 3C table HAS to be better than anything out there...or it's not a worth while venture.

Glen

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is good Glen. Let's dialog as Diamond gets closer to making the 10ft carom table. The USBA wants to partner with a U.S. manufacturer of carom tables. Let's work together.

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
Looking forward to playing straight rail on a Diamond table when the tables make their way to Southern California.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Great news! I played on a very old Brunswick 9' billiard table in the early '60s and loved it. Some may complain that billiards should be played on a 10-footer, but just as the bar table made pool much more available to players, the 9-footer will introduce billiards to players in venues where the 10' table simply won't fit.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
playing billiards on a 9 foot table is like playing pool on a bar boX
its blasphemy
C'MON MAN

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
its blasphemy
C'MON MAN

haha
but its DIAMOND right?

since its smaller, I should be able to make more points, right?
:grin:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
its blasphemy
C'MON MAN

I take it you don't know much about billiards do you. 3C' is just one of the games played on a billiards table. Did you know they come in different sizes to, like 7' & 8' & 9' as well as a 10'. Ever heard of 4 ball billiards, or straight rail billiards....or all the other games of billiards....played on billiards tables of all sizes?:thumbup:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I take it you don't know much about billiards do you. 3C' is just one of the games played on a billiards table. Did you know they come in different sizes to, like 7' & 8' & 9' as well as a 10'. Ever heard of 4 ball billiards, or straight rail billiards....or all the other games of billiards....played on billiards tables of all sizes?:thumbup:

Easy there big fella, hes just yankin my chain

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Friendly's cafe, south Houston.

sweet, never heard of that one, I don't think I recall seeing it listed on the usba.net list

but its on my bucket list now
thanks again

edit, I cant find it AT ALL, do you got a address?

Last edited:

Pete1175

Registered
9 foot 3C

Having loved the game of 3C for many years I finally opted to put a 9 foot table in my house where I had a 9 foot Brunswick pool table. I just didn't have the room for a 10 foot without having wall problems. It was a thoughtful decision based on my love of the game. I found a heated 9 foot Soren Sogaard in great shape. It was installed by a great mechanic, Jay Spielberg.

The transition to the 10 foot table at our local room takes a 10 minute warm up session. Over the three years I have had the table my game went from OK to great (for me) and I have the ability to practice when ever I get the chance. When my billiard friends come over to play they love the table. All have said that they hardly notice the difference. I equate the difference to getting used to the 'long and short' peculiarities of all tables you might play on.

In short, I am very happy to have the table. It worked for me and if room is a problem the 9 foot may be the answer. Diamond makes a great pool table and I am sure the billiard tables will be just as good.

Attachments

• DSC_1715.jpg
    DSC_1715.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 107

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nine-foot carom tables are common. I have owned a 9' Verhoeven and presently have in my home the one I built a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 112