Diamonds clearly bank shorter than most other if not all tables…so, why?

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do they bank shorter? They absolutely bank noticeably and distinctly shorter - that’s a fact that any reasonable hobby player can easily know, so what do the better players and pro players do mentally to play on these or other brands to still play consistently great? Thx

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You master the speed.
Diamonds are more accurate and predictable, than any other table I have played on, if you hit the shot with the correct speed, . Just beyond pocket speed is the correct starting point, for me. jmo
The more forcefully you hit the shot than it needs to be, the shorter it plays.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
this has been discussed alot if you do a search
to answer your questions the "better" and pro players are able to adjust to conditions and get a feel on how to change their aim/spin to make the bank or kick

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Why do they bank shorter? They absolutely bank noticeably and distinctly shorter - that’s a fact that any reasonable hobby player can easily know, so what do the better players and pro players do mentally to play on these or other brands to still play consistently great? Thx

The table your talking about, it's when they First came out, the earlier 1990's 9 footers?

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

TrxR

I think stiffer rails is the reason. I also think that means a more true and consistent bank.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I respect that. What is your approach when you play on other tables? Just adjust?
To be honest my Diamond seems normal to me. It is from 2007 and that is before the fix for the short banking tables was designed. If I adjust it is subconsciously. I can bounce between Gold Crowns or Valleys and still hit the banks without thinking. I have never thought mine has banked short.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
How are the rails shorter?
It's the nose of the rail that's Higher, made banking totally unnatural.

I opened the first room in Denver (long time ago) that had around 18 of em, installed by Tony of Tony's Hustlers/biz name.
They did change em and that's all they needed, but then they didn't even have holders for the rakes.
I drilled 1 hole in a table leg, put in a #2 peg and rested the rake handle on it.
Measure the distance from the bed to the cushion nose, and let us know.

TrxR

It's the nose of the rail that's Higher, made banking totally unnatural.

I opened the first room in Denver (long time ago) that had around 18 of em, installed by Tony of Tony's Hustlers/biz name.
They did change em and that's all they needed, but then they didn't even have holders for the rakes.
I drilled 1 hole in a table leg, put in a #2 peg and rested the rake handle on it.
Measure the distance from the bed to the cushion nose, and let us know.
That makes more sense. I knew it was a nose height issue that was changed on the blue labels. I was questioning him about the rails being too short as that's the first I ever heard that.