Dick Weaver

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know of a professional pool player from Florida named Dick Weaver (retired)? I was told I have a cue he once may have owned and was just curious about the guy and his pool playing background. I believe he may have done one pocket and later did some commentating. When I pick up a used cue along the line I will try to inquire about its' history too. Thanks.
Paul

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I walked into Brickyard Billiards in Indianapolis late last night, and who should I see...none other than Dick Weaver...still hittin' 'em as smooth as ever! LOL He's a little older, a little greyer, a little heavier (who isn't)...but still Dick Weaver the poolplayer.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
I met Dick and his wife Charlene back in Florida oh in 2000 ish. Dick played really well and i always see his name at the tops of the derby city charts when he was playing there alot. As far as professional i am not sure. I do know of him to gamle a little. Hes a great one pocket and bank player. I lost touch when i left florida. They were both some of the top notch people in the pool world. They ran a few pool rooms in the West Palm and Lauderdale area.

Dick was a Cog guy and i believe grew up and was best friends with JOE GOLD. he was playing with his cue when i know him.

He introduced me to Bob Manzino and through that i aquired a beautiful Hoppe conversion.

Thats all i got , i would love to get in touch with him .

Cheers in your search.

Post up some pics of that cue.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Anyone know of a professional pool player from Florida named Dick Weaver (retired)? I was told I have a cue he once may have owned and was just curious about the guy and his pool playing background. I believe he may have done one pocket and later did some commentating. When I pick up a used cue along the line I will try to inquire about its' history too. Thanks.
Paul

Dickie was my mentor.... What is the cue you have?... It's not his Ebony and Coco Southwest is it??? If so we need to talk... Pm me if you have questions...

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. The cue was made for Dick by Bob Manzino in 2005. It has passed through several hands and has pick up some wear along the way. Bob refinished and re-wrapped the cue awhile back and it now looks awesome. I feel like I need to be in tie and vest when I play with it. Here's a pic.
Paul

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. The cue was made for Dick by Bob Manzino in 2005. It has passed through several hands and has pick up some wear along the way. Bob refinished and re-wrapped the cue awhile back and it now looks awesome. I feel like I need to be in tie and vest when I play with it. Here's a pic.
Paul

Yeah great cue! Bob does some of the finest work in the world... Kinda was wishin' you had that Southwest though :smile:... To this day the most simple but best Southwest I've ever seen...

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
oh hell its only a Manzino

what a beautiful cue by one of the best makers in the world. very nice.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome cue!

I met Dick Weaver at the Derby a while ago. He was good friends with my friend I was with. Nice guy...seemed pretty reserved and soft spoken.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
We were down in Biloxi probably 10 years ago for this league (can't remember the name) finals. We all go to the local pool room and there is Dick Weaver, his wife and a couple of other players he was traveling with. Everyone matches up and it is just me and his wife left standing there. So I turn to her and ask 'What do you want to do?'. We wound up playing a race to 7, 8 ball for $50. Somehow I won. No one could believe that I actually got her to gamble.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We were down in Biloxi probably 10 years ago for this league (can't remember the name) finals. We all go to the local pool room and there is Dick Weaver, his wife and a couple of other players he was traveling with. Everyone matches up and it is just me and his wife left standing there. So I turn to her and ask 'What do you want to do?'. We wound up playing a race to 7, 8 ball for $50. Somehow I won. No one could believe that I actually got her to gamble.

LOL great story.

Ken

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Paul

The last I saw both Dick and his wife they owned a Pool Hall in the Margate-Pompano area of Fort Lauderdale. They were the hosting room to a Tournament that like many since was supposed to take over Pool via the WWW (not Dicks fault, was only the kind host)

That Pool Room closed bringing Dick a very nice sum (another story another day) but through the years Dick could touch Poop and it would turn to gold.

A great person. I would love to just touch a Cue owned by Dick hoping either his luck or wisdom could rub off to me.

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
The last I saw both Dick and his wife they owned a Pool Hall in the Margate-Pompano area of Fort Lauderdale. They were the hosting room to a Tournament that like many since was supposed to take over Pool via the WWW (not Dicks fault, was only the kind host)

That Pool Room closed bringing Dick a very nice sum (another story another day) but through the years Dick could touch Poop and it would turn to gold.

A great person. I would love to just touch a Cue owned by Dick hoping either his luck or wisdom could rub off to me.

Yes, and I won the cue you and Richie made in the raffle, remember?

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
Paul

Heck yeah....he bought my wife's 87' Red Mustand 5.0 Convertible. He owned Stick's and Stones in Palm Beach for many years. One of the nicest guys in the world and a world class pool player to boot.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played some one hole with Dick Weaver tonight........

Dick and his wife are top shelf people for sure.

I don't play one pocket so Dick played me some cheap $10 a game to help me a little.

We played about a week ago and I won $20. He gave me some good advice.

We played tonight and I lost $20.

I told Dick after we were done that I still don't like the game. Too slow.

Just not my style. Maybe when i get older, like 90 or something.

Played 6 games tonight and bumped a lot of balls back and forth, table time was $20.

I met Dick on my first trip back to Indy about 2 years ago. This rekindled our meeting when we were much younger. We both knew right away that we both had met each other before.

Being around Dick was one of the most enjoyable parts of being in Indy.

I consider him right now one of my favorite people and players on the planet and If I lived here in Indy we would practice a lot together.

Not a bad backgammon player either. Plays pretty sporty........

darmoose

Shutin@urhole is OVERATED
Silver Member
Small World

I knew Dick when he and I were teenagers playing at Stardust Bowl in Hammond, Indiana back in the sixties. We usually played each other on sight. Stardust was a great all night action spot that drew Chicago players as well as road players regularly. Dick knew me as "Red" at that time, we had quite a crew of characters there at that time.

I hadn't seen Dick for something like thirty years, when I ran into him in a pool room in Florida. I lived in South Florida for almost thirty years, and coincidentally was a friend of Bob Manzino's also, in the nineties. In fact I still own on of the first sticks Bob ever made in 95., a beautiful cocobolo wrapless that still looks. and plays wonderful. I remember sitting with Bob in little shop in Boca while he made mine and other cues. Bob was and still is a fantastic cuemaker, and a great guy.

Today, I play one pocket in the Baltimore area with Bobs cue (which still gets a lot of compliments), What a small world, and great memories of Dick and Bob in another time.

Darrell Randolph (Red):smile:

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Call Cognoscenti Cues

Paul

Ask Joe Gold
(773) 348-7154

www.facebook.com/raisingthehustler
@raisingthehustl
#raisingthehustler
#poolordie

Last edited: