Did IPT pay players for world open?

chamillionare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have had nothing to do with billiards since the last IPT tournament in Reno, i just google IPT and it states on wikepedia that everyone got paid over a period of 14 months and wondered if anyone here can confrim that?

I only got paid 3 payments of 11% from the 26k i won and im curious

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
i have had nothing to do with billiards since the last IPT tournament in Reno, i just google IPT and it states on wikepedia that everyone got paid over a period of 14 months and wondered if anyone here can confrim that?

I believe it was on a ship heading across the pond but that ship has sunk and Trudeau is now sharing a bunk with Madoff.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They stated that everyone got paid. They never said everyone got paid in full.;) With Kevin T., you have to read between the lines.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

The general run of rumors is that all the players got paid but those who paid qualification entries and some vendors got stiffed. You're the first player to come forward and say that the payments were not completed.

Maybe mail stopped going to Australia. Or maybe he figured you were too far away to make a fuss.

chamillionare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually after ipt I was making 100k minimum sometimes 250K+ a month so I never gave it a second thought but I'm not working now so googled it and yes I only got 3 payments but I guess money is easy come easy go. Glad players got paid I always thought Kevin tried and I never blamed him at least he tried. Anyone knows Kevin tell him he owes me a drink or 2 lol

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually after ipt I was making 100k minimum sometimes 250K+ a month so I never gave it a second thought but I'm not working now so googled it and yes I only got 3 payments but I guess money is easy come easy go. Glad players got paid I always thought Kevin tried and I never blamed him at least he tried. Anyone knows Kevin tell him he owes me a drink or 2 lol
As hinted to above, Kevin is not available right now. From Wikipedia:

On March 17, 2014, Trudeau was sentenced to 10 years in prison for not paying any of the previous $37 million in fines.[91] Prosecutors at Trudeau's trial said that he was an "unrepentant, untiring, and uncontrollable huckster who has defrauded the unsuspecting for 30 years." He plans to appeal the case

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

You're not the only one who was not paid in full. Yet people seem to still adore this scam artist. Go figure!

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member

Never mention how Rich you are. Mahna-Mahna will have
a frickin' heart attack when he reads your post.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Never mention how Rich you are. Mahna-Mahna will have

a frickin' heart attack when he reads your post.

Llooooolllllllzzzzzzz. Guess I hit a nerve.

I'm typing this using the tapatalk app by the way. Works great! Damn whippersnapper.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400532225.414861.jpg

chamillionare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow I didn't google that! On Wikipedia it looks like he had 1 or 2 years to maneuver before the 10 year sentence weird how he couldn't get a better result. America loves to hand down heavy prison sentences and seriously who pays 37 mil in fines. After 16 years playing the 2 ipt tournaments were the best I ever played in so I couldn't care about a little bit of over selling stuff. And I'm glad I was not the only player who got stiffed for 20k as I didn't even call or email ipt through laziness

Last edited: