Did you try Cheqio?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Herbal concoctions can be dangerous.
There is no control over the manufacture of them like traditional drugs.
Do your homework before ingesting snake oil products.

c-money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its probably the taurine in the mix that does the most for helping with concentration. I buy taurine at GNC, it's super cheap and works well for me.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Mmmmm.... nice.
When I was in Somalia, we called this stuff Khat.
Its a mild narcotic that has some light euphoric effects.
Enjoy!

Lesh

PS: Google images of people that have used it for a while. <pro-tip>

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
My local grocery store (QFC, which is Kroger elsewhere) sells a drink called Just Chill. I wouldn't recommend it for flavor but I have noticed calming and focus improvements after drinking it.

How long do the effects last?

Thanks,
JoeyA

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I have used the drinks but not the pills. I do think its very useful. I am not a drinker of energy drinks because it makes me jittery and feel like I might croke. This was very calm and just gave me more focus, it taste like vitamins.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried the drink once and noticed no effect. Also, the taste is rather medicinal, i.e., not that good! But if it works for you, more power to you.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started a similiar thread on Cheqio a while back.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=408285

As it says, I do believe that it can be helpful to your performance. It calms my piano wire tight nerves and even helps me sleep better. There is definitely something done right with Cheqio pills but they are really expensive for constant use. I am currently taking the pills only when the damn insomnia bugs me or Im just feeling off my game. And I bet that they are healthier than any sleeping pills are :rolleyes: Placebo or not but I feel better overall playing when I have taken the capsule before hand. I am more confident in my decision making and that leads to better performance at the table.

Great stuff in my books :smile:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting stuff, honestly surprised to hear so many positive reviews. Makes me want to give it a try sometimes.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How much caffeine is in the juice? Can you say placebo? Johnnyt

No caffeine in Cheqio. Did you watch Mosconi Cup last two years? Guess what european players drank before/during matches...and trust me, its not the placebo effect ;)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
No caffeine in Cheqio. Did you watch Mosconi Cup last two years? Guess what european players drank before/during matches...and trust me, its not the placebo effect ;)

The Europeans could have drank cool-aid and still came out ahead. They were the much better team...by far. Johnnyt

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Europeans could have drank cool-aid and still came out ahead. They were the much better team...by far. Johnnyt

While your statement is true the fact is Cheqio calms your nerves and helps to fight adrenalin spikes during competition. From my own experience it doesnt make you less nervous BUT the body response to the stress is less severe by far, your arm muscles dont get as tight as they would without Cheqio. With Cheqio i was able to run whole match out for the first time in the finals of the tournament, my decision making was clearer and I was able to focus much better. Also I know one top european 3-cushion player who was able to raise his tournament average from 1,8 to 2,2 because of Cheqio which is HUGE. On the other hand I also know a top european player who said that it doesnt do a thing to him but this player is also known for perfect mental game. So my take on Cheqio is that the more you suffer from competitive stress the more benefitial Cheqio is for you.

Last edited:

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Manufacturer of Cheqio had its products tested by Dutch antidoping agency http://www.cheqio.com/media/labresult01.jpg so it is perfectly legal to use it at tournaments. And their products just work :wink:

Not too sure about the point of these results. It says:

“None of the listed stimulants was detected”

But Cheqio isn't meant to be a stimulant. It's supposed to be more of a depressant, calming / restful, similar to Diazepam (Valium) commonly used for precision shooting (guns).