Don Sherman of Sureman Cues Has Passed

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
My good friend Don Sherman has passed away.
Don was suffering with the incurable hydadentitis, among other illnesses including pneumonia.

Shirley Sherman was like a Saint the way she took care of Don over the years, and it is truly sad that Don is gone.
I've spoken with Don everyday for the last four years and losing him is like losing an older brother.

RIP Don Sherman, you're not suffering any more.
My condolences go out to Shirley, and all of Dons family as well as the many friends he has in the billiards world.

Peace
Ted Brown

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ted, my deepest condolences to the Sherman family. I've known Don for almost 25 years from doing business with him buying and selling cues. In fact, the last cue I purchased from him (last year) I still have and will stay with me. He was very funny with a good sense of humor and a very fair man. He will be missed.

Last edited:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don was a wealth of cue information, and a great person to sit around with and talk pool with. RIP, Don...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don was suffering with the incurable hydadentitis, among other illnesses including pneumonia.

Shirley Sherman was like a Saint the way she took care of Don over the years, and it is truly sad that Don is gone.
I've spoken with Don everyday for the last four years and losing him is like losing an older brother.

My condolences go out to Shirley, and all of Dons family as well as the many friends he has in the billiards world.

Peace
Ted Brown
Sorry to hear about this. Don was a good friend of mine. We always had nice conversations and he was a friend. I can’t recall the last time we spoke. He will be missed. RIP🙏🏼🥲

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Peace
Ted Brown
DEFINITELY ONE OF THE VERY BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"He will certainly be missed.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Peace
Ted Brown

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The news just seems to be getting worse everyday. I just had a great conversation with Don last month this is just heart breaking.the sweetest guys in the Cue trade . We did many deals and shared many laughs and good times .
RIP Dear friend

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Shocking, terrible news. I’ve known and bought cues from Don for 50 years, starting at Starcher’s in Akron, the Glass City Open, and many other tourneys in Akron, Toledo, Executive West, Kansas City and others. We knew each other very, very well and counted ourselves as special friends. He certainly was special, with a heart of gold. He will never be forgotten. RIP Don.
Will Prout

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Shocking, terrible news. I’ve known and bought cues from Don for 50 years, starting at Starcher’s in Akron, the Glass City Open, and many other tourneys in Akron, Toledo, Executive West, Kansas City and others. We knew each other very, very well and counted ourselves as special friends. He certainly was special, with a heart of gold. He will never be forgotten. RIP Don.
Will Prout
Same here Will

I’ve known Don since I was a kid. I set him up with a friend for him to try and buy the guys cue. He said if he was able to get it he’d give me a nice cue.

Never saw him after I introduced them but found out later he was able to buy the cue.

A couple years later we run into each other at some tournament and the first thing after we say hello to each other was “hey, I owe you a cue, come on and pick one of these out”. 👍🏻

We stayed friends always. Good guy.

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met Don in 1990 when the USAF sent me to Wurtsmith AFB in Oscoda Mi, We played on the same league team for a few years til the base closed and I was sent elsewhere . I was lucky enough to run into him a few times at events here and there . A very nice guy ,missed by all of us lucky to have known him .
Chuck G