fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Here’s another retarded rule

Can’t touch it once the ref puts it down
Fuck the ref
he should be able to put it where it’s best for him

Just seen this rn fyi lol
Was the penalty for moving the ball or positioning it ahead of the head string???

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching that match, I think Payne should be on the receiving end of a penalty. He waited too long after the ref waved for the lag to start.
If anyone loses its the guy who wants to almost see how good the other guy hit his lag.

Pedestrian

Registered
I was watching a stream (Las Vegas 10-ball). Skyler Woodward was playing fellow American Payne McBride.

They lag. Sky wins easily. The referee told Sky he forfeited the lag because his cue ball hit the top rail before McBride's did. A discussion between Sky and the ref ensued.

The ref eventually goes and gets what I suppose was the head referee (he had a referee's shirt on), and a discussion between he and Sky ensues.

We never really get the gist of what the discussion/rule was about, but from what I could gather the original referee was saying that Sky's lag couldn't hit the top rail before the opponent hits his ball. After a brief discussion, they were allowed to re-lag, again with Sky winning.

So, am I missing something here? If it is against the rules for a lagger's ball to hit the top rail before the other lagger strokes his ball, therefore causing a rules violation and immediate loss of lag, wouldn't it be advantageous for a lagger to not even strike his ball until the other lagger's ball has hit the top rail?

What an ingenuous way to win every lag, right? Dumbest rule ever!!

Hopefully after this fiasco it was discussed and fixed.

Again, am I missing something here?
I have been playing since the 1960s and have never heard of that rule.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
maybe instead of making complicated rules just say the ref calls lag after they are both set at the table, and then they have a countdown of five to get their ball moving or lose the lag.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
happened to kaci also. fedor cut a deal with the opponent so theyd both get docked a frame. this is stupid.

Gorst was allowed to take only 1 timeout (for best of 3 sets) under this absurd rule implemented this year likely by those control freaks at EPBF
prev1.PNG

But in latest updated rules https://probilliardseries.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/WPA24LV-1-1.pdf that rule of 1 timeout for best of 3 sets was removed :D
latest.PNG