Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Why on earth do folks run events or make record attempts under conditions that they will forever have an asterisk next to, just do it right the first time and make history that is indisputable. No on ever questions the legitimacy of Ronnies 147's or his number of centuries, because it's done right.
The original, official record itself has an asterisk next to it having been done on an 8ft table. A time honored tradition of 14.1 high runs is endlessly questioning it.

Can it be split up over multiple days (Nagy), is it a conspiracy between the BCA and Charlie Williams . . . or something like that (Schmidt), is it harder or easier on an 8ft table, and were there balls that came off the table (Mosconi), are the pockets rigged (this event), and so on and so forth.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pockets are legit? Said to be 5" in this picture, not you're saying smaller than 5"? Legit pockets are smaller in the throat, not the same width as the mouth, throw a tape on that throat, show how wide it is, or Isn't according to you. Legit pockets my ass, but that's ok, your event, BS the viewers all you want, they're just a bunch of nobody's that will believe anything you say. And a 311 high run on a Diamond, don't that put you in the highest run ever on a Diamond?
View attachment 624915
You call all the viewers a "bunch of nobody's".
Well, I'm a viewer and you're a piece of shit.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh, it's so terrible... then please stop watching.

Lou Figueroa
I'm far more genteel and diplomatic now, but 40 years back I would unhesitatingly respond to flailing indignation from malcontents dissing a freebie:

"See the Chaplain on your way out -- he's a very understanding fellow . . . he'll punch a notch in your TS (military for "Tough Sh-t") card and refund what you paid to get in. Sorry about the emotional distress we caused you."

Arnaldo

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Jayson got sharked. As he took his last shot you can hear someone say “Work, work, work says the little man” in a silly loud voice. Jayson missed and said something like “See ya later, pal.” And as he was unscrewing his cues you can hear him say “What a scumbag.”

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Pockets are legit? Said to be 5" in this picture, not you're saying smaller than 5"? Legit pockets are smaller in the throat, not the same width as the mouth, throw a tape on that throat, show how wide it is, or Isn't according to you. Legit pockets my ass, but that's ok, your event, BS the viewers all you want, they're just a bunch of nobody's that will believe anything you say. And a 311 high run on a Diamond, don't that put you in the highest run ever on a Diamond?
View attachment 624915
I’m assuming this is the table JS ran 626 on. The two pink lines are identical in length. Thoughts?

8BC18EC5-4D1F-4C64-AEE5-9B6E20005E15.jpeg

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Seems like he's done for this go around? His banter makes it seem like he's off for the Derby.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t care what you do to the pockets, go find another guy who can post up numbers like this.

Do what ever you want to the pockets. You ain’t gonna be able to find 5 more players who can do this with ANY pocket.

There might be 10 people in the world who can do what he’s doing now on this table. And maybe 15 with any pocket you can invent.

That 5 extra players ain’t many. It’s not the pockets putting those balls in multiple 300’s per day and 400 the next.

I’m tired of the pocket talk. Christ get over it. It’s the player not the god damned pocket.

Envy brings down everyone who suffers from it

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I’m assuming this is the table JS ran 626 on. The two pink lines are identical in length. Thoughts?

View attachment 624937
No, they're not. Those are number 6 pocket irons in the corner pockets. In order to open the throat of the pocket, doing so would shorten the wood at the end of the rail where it lines up with the pocket iron, leaving a step from the facings to the leather pocket liner, and the step would be noticeable. The throat of those pockets are clearly not wider than they're suppose to be.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Jayson got sharked. As he took his last shot you can hear someone say “Work, work, work says the little man” in a silly loud voice. Jayson missed and said something like “See ya later, pal.” And as he was unscrewing his cues you can hear him say “What a scumbag.”
He's apparently mellowed -- at least Jayson didn't (quite deservedly) say what he said to Earl as Earl was loudly ranting at him at that Steinway 14.1 event years back: "If I see you outside, I'll knock you out." Earl calmed down quick and shaken. The TD then stepped in.

Arnaldo

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's apparently mellowed -- at least Jayson didn't (quite deservedly) say what he said to Earl as Earl was loudly ranting at him at that Steinway 14.1 event years back: "If I see you outside, I'll knock you out." Earl calmed down quick and shaken. The TD then stepped in.

Arnaldo
I’m kinda surprised nobody is talking about it. Jayson was putting in his best run and missed at 407 as someone started heckling him. Bobby then talks to the camera like it never happened. What even was that?!?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Perspective distortion -- think of how a vanishing point works. Here is a better picture of one of the corner pockets on that table with less distortion but still some.

CropperCapture[866].png

Here's a different pocket on the 626 table. Maybe the camera is a little more vertical.

CropperCapture[867].png

Last edited:

Shuddy

Silver Member
No, they're not. Those are number 6 pocket irons in the corner pockets. In order to open the throat of the pocket, doing so would shorten the wood at the end of the rail where it lines up with the pocket iron, leaving a step from the facings to the leather pocket liner, and the step would be noticeable. The throat of those pockets are clearly not wider than they're suppose to be.
Sorry, a bit too much tech talk for me to completely understand ( 😢) , but I think I got the gist of it. The pink lines are identical in length though. I drew the first and duplicated it. I understand there’s some slight perspective shift as the throat is closer to the camera.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, he's given you an edited photo. The original that he posted earlier made it clear that the view of this particular pocket is distorted by the camera angle and you can see the corner pockets on the other end and they're obviously right.

Shuddy

Silver Member
Also, he's given you an edited photo. The original that he posted earlier made it clear that the view of this particular pocket is distorted by the camera angle and you can see the corner pockets on the other end and they're obviously right.
I didn’t edit it maliciously (with intent to deceive), just to focus on the closest pocket.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The cue ball would have hit the rack before the object ball moved that far. So the rack ball would have more than likely kicked it off line. Maybe. I’d still tried the cut tho.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
Well he shot that back cut, I was just saying more about how fast he took the shot on, didn't much take a step to the side and look at it at all, just fired it.
Ad he's made nice up table back cuts that made me go ohhhh no several times, but he took a good look at it before

Sucks was rooting for him all the way, he's been highly entertaining this past week