EARL STRICKLAND Returns to TEAM USA

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My goodness :ROFLMAO:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WTF???????? Is it April 1st?? One thing for sure there WILL be over/under action on how long it takes Earl to go OFF. Its gonna happen, just a matter of how quick.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am surprised that JJ chose Earl after their wild bust up in Bonus Ball

conan-o-brien-what-the-hell-i-is-that.gif

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was JJ's hand forced into making this pick by Matchroom for ratings purposes?

In races to 5 I think Earl can certainly still be competitive, but this isn't what Team USA needs to build its roster for future MCs...
Either that or JJ decided to take up smoking crack. Ridiculous.

realtor1618

Registered
Was JJ's hand forced into making this pick by Matchroom for ratings purposes?

In races to 5 I think Earl can certainly still be competitive, but this isn't what Team USA needs to build its roster for future MCs...
Matchroom had to of had some say in the decision. Earl hasn’t done anything lately to earn this. Just a sideshow at this point with his antics. Hard to believe JJ went along with this. Shocking.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a WAG here: Matchroom, seeing that Europe is waaaaaaaaaay the favorite, strong-armed JJ&TeamUSA into picking Earl just so ratings won't suck. Earl is the perfect villain for the home crowd to hate. Makes for better tv i guess. The MC has just bottomed-out imo.

BlueRaider

Registered
Just a WAG here: Matchroom, seeing that Europe is waaaaaaaaaay the favorite, strong-armed JJ&TeamUSA into picking Earl just so ratings won't suck. Earl is the perfect villain for the home crowd to hate. Makes for better tv i guess. The MC has just bottomed-out imo.
It's an incredibly shortsighted strategy. They can't keep adding Earl forever to boost ratings. And you know what draws the best ratings? An actually competitive MC. And the best way to make that happen is to bolster Team USA's roster. There is enough talent in America to compete with and beat Europe in races to 5. But that young talent isn't getting a chance. Picking Corey last year was dumb and picking Earl this year was even worse.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's an incredibly shortsighted strategy. They can't keep adding Earl forever to boost ratings. And you know what draws the best ratings? An actually competitive MC. And the best way to make that happen is to bolster Team USA's roster. There is enough talent in America to compete with and beat Europe in races to 5. But that young talent isn't getting a chance. Picking Corey last year was dumb and picking Earl this year was even worse.
IMO we got kinda lucky last time. Day in-day out the Euro's are WAY the favorite. There are so many good players in EU now they could easily field three teams. We can barely field one. I just can't picture picking ES without some major input from Matchroom.

Last edited: