Efren in his Oscar Winning Role!

I was just watching that yessterday, Efren is halarious, his expressions are priceless lol
 
Wow....at least we know the man did not miss his calling. And where the hell can I get a hat like that with half a burrito on it for when I play?
 
Here you go

Ok here I tried translating it for you guys haha hope it makes sense haha!

Translation after the Lag:

Referee:
"Olivarez to break"
"No balls pocketed on the break. Manuel's shot"

Olivarez:
"You should be thankful nothing went in"

Referee:
"Olivarez, this is not basketball. You don't need to box him out out"

Efren plays safe on the 1

Referee:
"No clear shot on the ball. Kick shot is available"
"One ball goes. Next is the Two ball"

Olivarez: "....??" Can't figure out what Oliverez mumbled to Manuel (Efren) there.

Referee: "Great shot Olivarez. Two ball pocketed. Next shot is the 3 ball"

Olivarez:
"You might want to quit now.
(he mumbles something) ..There's lots of people watching"

"Elias (the referee's name), he won't get a chance to chalk."

Referee:
"I hope not. If he does, you are sideways Olivarez. (not sure what he meant there but that's a literal translation lol)
Then he goes to mimmick the lone ranger song..

"Three ball goes in. Next shot is the 4 Olivarez"

Olivarez:
"Charo (the girl's name..maybe efren's backer),This is your last chance to quit.

Guy in Blue shirt:

"What Charo, just give in please. While you have a chance. Tell your boy to quit"

Crowd Laughs after efren picks/blows his nose.

Olivarez:
"YOU TOO!" (talking to Efren saying he's blowing his nose on him too)
"Charo, I'll give you a shot. But I promise you, I will hide the cueball"

Referee:

"Good Shot Olivarez! It's like dusting off rust"

Efren kicks the fourball in

Referee:
"4 ball goes in! This driver( he meant as either personal limo driver or cab driver) is good!"
"What are you trying to do playing safe. I warned you this driver guy has got game!"

Girls:
"Who was he winking at? Me or you? Obviously me!" Yeah right!"

Crowd cheers

Guy in Blue:
"Boss, seems like we're in trouble"

Referee:
"You guys are definitely in trouble. Look at the table's layout. He'll clean it up like a janitor!"

Crowd cheers

Referee:
"7 ball goes in! Next shot is the 8. Last two balls"


Efren gives his partner ("pakner") in the crowd thumbs up

Referee:
"He really is like a janitor the way he cleans it up"

Guy in Blue shirt:
"This guy beats a vacuum cleaner the way he cleans it up"

Referee: mumbles something I can't hear

Crowd cheers then Efren sinks the 9 ball

Guy in Blue:
"Dude you got bad luck! lol"

Referee:
"It's a loss! badluck!"

Oliverez then proceeds to knocking the referee out.

THE END
 
Last edited:
Ok here I tried translating it for you guys haha hope it makes sense haha!

Translation after the Lag:

Referee:
"Olivarez to break"
"No balls pocketed on the break. Manuel's shot"

Olivarez:
"You should be thankful nothing went in"

Referee:
"Olivarez, this is not basketball. You don't need to box him out out"

Efren plays safe on the 1

Referee:
"No clear shot on the ball. Kick shot is available"
"One ball goes. Next is the Two ball"

Olivarez: "....??" Can't figure out what Oliverez mumbled to Manuel (Efren) there.

Referee: "Great shot Olivarez. Two ball pocketed. Next shot is the 3 ball"

Olivarez:
"You might want to quit now.
(he mumbles something) ..There's lots of people watching"

"Elias (the referee's name), he won't get a chance to chalk."

Referee:
"I hope not. If he does, you are sideways Olivarez. (not sure what he meant there but that's a literal translation lol)
Then he goes to mimmick the lone ranger song..

"Three ball goes in. Next shot is the 4 Olivarez"

Olivarez:
"Charo (the girl's name..maybe efren's backer),This is your last chance to quit.

Guy in Blue shirt:

"What Charo, just give in please. While you have a chance. Tell your boy to quit"

Crowd Laughs after efren picks/blows his nose.

Olivarez:
"YOU TOO!" (talking to Efren saying he's blowing his nose on him too)
"Charo, I'll give you a shot. But I promise you, I will hide the cueball"

Referee:

"Good Shot Olivarez! It's like dusting off rust"

Efren kicks the fourball in

Referee:
"4 ball goes in! This driver( he meant as either personal limo driver or cab driver) is good!"
"What are you trying to do playing safe. I warned you this driver guy has got game!"

Girls:
"Who was he winking at? Me or you? Obviously me!" Yeah right!"

Crowd cheers

Guy in Blue:
"Boss, seems like we're in trouble"

Referee:
"You guys are definitely in trouble. Look at the table's layout. He'll clean it up like a janitor!"

Crowd cheers

Referee:
"7 ball goes in! Next shot is the 8. Last two balls"


Efren gives his partner ("pakner") in the crowd thumbs up

Referee:
"He really is like a janitor the way he cleans it up"

Guy in Blue shirt:
"This guy beats a vacuum cleaner the way he cleans it up"

Referee: mumbles something I can't hear

Crowd cheers then Efren sinks the 9 ball

Guy in Blue:
"Dude you got bad luck! lol"

Referee:
"It's a loss! badluck!"

Oliverez then proceeds to knocking the referee out.

THE END

Wow, A+++ for your efforts, rep to you!
 
Ok here I tried translating it for you guys haha hope it makes sense haha!

Translation after the Lag:

Referee:
"Olivarez to break"
"No balls pocketed on the break. Manuel's shot"

Olivarez:
"You should be thankful nothing went in"

Referee:
"Olivarez, this is not basketball. You don't need to box him out out"

Efren plays safe on the 1

Referee:
"No clear shot on the ball. Kick shot is available"
"One ball goes. Next is the Two ball"

Olivarez: "....??" Can't figure out what Oliverez mumbled to Manuel (Efren) there.

Referee: "Great shot Olivarez. Two ball pocketed. Next shot is the 3 ball"

Olivarez:
"You might want to quit now.
(he mumbles something) ..There's lots of people watching"

"Elias (the referee's name), he won't get a chance to chalk."

Referee:
"I hope not. If he does, you are sideways Olivarez. (not sure what he meant there but that's a literal translation lol)
Then he goes to mimmick the lone ranger song..

"Three ball goes in. Next shot is the 4 Olivarez"

Olivarez:
"Charo (the girl's name..maybe efren's backer),This is your last chance to quit.

Guy in Blue shirt:

"What Charo, just give in please. While you have a chance. Tell your boy to quit"

Crowd Laughs after efren picks/blows his nose.

Olivarez:
"YOU TOO!" (talking to Efren saying he's blowing his nose on him too)
"Charo, I'll give you a shot. But I promise you, I will hide the cueball"

Referee:

"Good Shot Olivarez! It's like dusting off rust"

Efren kicks the fourball in

Referee:
"4 ball goes in! This driver( he meant as either personal limo driver or cab driver) is good!"
"What are you trying to do playing safe. I warned you this driver guy has got game!"

Girls:
"Who was he winking at? Me or you? Obviously me!" Yeah right!"

Crowd cheers

Guy in Blue:
"Boss, seems like we're in trouble"

Referee:
"You guys are definitely in trouble. Look at the table's layout. He'll clean it up like a janitor!"

Crowd cheers

Referee:
"7 ball goes in! Next shot is the 8. Last two balls"


Efren gives his partner ("pakner") in the crowd thumbs up

Referee:
"He really is like a janitor the way he cleans it up"

Guy in Blue shirt:
"This guy beats a vacuum cleaner the way he cleans it up"

Referee: mumbles something I can't hear

Crowd cheers then Efren sinks the 9 ball

Guy in Blue:
"Dude you got bad luck! lol"

Referee:
"It's a loss! badluck!"

Oliverez then proceeds to knocking the referee out.

THE END

Thanks for the translation.
 
Did anybody noticed his opponent seems to be using a phenolic tip and ferrule as a playing cue???
 
This is how they really play in the Philippines :D. Most of the humor got lost in the translation. Keep in mind this is an action, comedy, pool + gambling, family fun movie salad :thumbup:
 
This is how they really play in the Philippines :D. Most of the humor got lost in the translation. Keep in mind this is an action, comedy, pool + gambling, family fun movie salad :thumbup:

Yea I think I translated it too literally. Maybe I should've put the words in North American context.

Efren is funny lol. He didn't even say a word and what's up with his shirt? lol.

BTW Olivarez' character, did the actor perform his own shots? It seems that they shot most of the sequence in one take. (I think most, not the entire)
 
HILARIOUS! i don't wanna know what they are saying..the facial expressions and bad acting are PRICELESS!:thumbup:
 
Ok here I tried translating it for you guys haha hope it makes sense haha!

Translation after the Lag:

Referee:
"Olivarez to break"
"No balls pocketed on the break. Manuel's shot"

Olivarez:
"You should be thankful nothing went in"

Referee:
"Olivarez, this is not basketball. You don't need to box him out out"

Efren plays safe on the 1

Referee:
"No clear shot on the ball. Kick shot is available"
"One ball goes. Next is the Two ball"

Olivarez: "....??" Can't figure out what Oliverez mumbled to Manuel (Efren) there.

Referee: "Great shot Olivarez. Two ball pocketed. Next shot is the 3 ball"

Olivarez:
"You might want to quit now.
(he mumbles something) ..There's lots of people watching"

"Elias (the referee's name), he won't get a chance to chalk."

Referee:
"I hope not. If he does, you are sideways Olivarez. (not sure what he meant there but that's a literal translation lol)
Then he goes to mimmick the lone ranger song..

"Three ball goes in. Next shot is the 4 Olivarez"

Olivarez:
"Charo (the girl's name..maybe efren's backer),This is your last chance to quit.

Guy in Blue shirt:

"What Charo, just give in please. While you have a chance. Tell your boy to quit"

Crowd Laughs after efren picks/blows his nose.

Olivarez:
"YOU TOO!" (talking to Efren saying he's blowing his nose on him too)
"Charo, I'll give you a shot. But I promise you, I will hide the cueball"

Referee:

"Good Shot Olivarez! It's like dusting off rust"

Efren kicks the fourball in

Referee:
"4 ball goes in! This driver( he meant as either personal limo driver or cab driver) is good!"
"What are you trying to do playing safe. I warned you this driver guy has got game!"

Girls:
"Who was he winking at? Me or you? Obviously me!" Yeah right!"

Crowd cheers

Guy in Blue:
"Boss, seems like we're in trouble"

Referee:
"You guys are definitely in trouble. Look at the table's layout. He'll clean it up like a janitor!"

Crowd cheers

Referee:
"7 ball goes in! Next shot is the 8. Last two balls"


Efren gives his partner ("pakner") in the crowd thumbs up

Referee:
"He really is like a janitor the way he cleans it up"

Guy in Blue shirt:
"This guy beats a vacuum cleaner the way he cleans it up"

Referee: mumbles something I can't hear

Crowd cheers then Efren sinks the 9 ball

Guy in Blue:
"Dude you got bad luck! lol"

Referee:
"It's a loss! badluck!"

Oliverez then proceeds to knocking the referee out.

THE END


Damn, and I thought for sure one of the lines was "it's like a nightmare isn't it?" :D

Thanks for the translation!

Aaron
 
When the guy in the hat keeps getting in Efren's face I thought maybe he was saying:

"Its like a nightmare isn't it ?"

"It just keeps getting worse and worse"
 
Last edited:
When the guy in the hat keeps getting in Efren's face I thought maybe he was saying:

"Its like a nightmare isn't it ?"

"It just keeps getting worse and worse"

He was talking smack with Efren.
" Do you want to quit now? You're going to be embarrassed. There are a lot of people here."
 
Back
Top