Efren Reyes

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is not looking too good in the accu stats invitational

I know I play worse every year but I kept thinking Efren would last forever

If I had any sense i would quit betting on him,but....?

Dean

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dean

Dean,
Effron's only loss was last night to Danny. Billy said it was the greatest 1P match he has seen. It was the best I have but Billy has seen more than me:smile:. I have seen the event and am a sponser. Efren plays Shane at 7pm tonight to see who plays Danny. In these short races, Efren has been sensational. The match with Danny could have gone either way. There is still gas in the tank. I am taking a break from the action now as Scott and Alex are 2-2 but playing for 4-5th if you can imagine that.

Wait until after the Shane match. I like Efren to win.

all the best,
Phil

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
It is a pity that we age, but I am grateful that we saw as much as we have and hopefully even more of Efren in the future. Someone please confirm for me that Efren has a statue erected somewhere in Angeles City.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your wrong about one thing..,

Dean

Efren is playing the best of the best and he is still one win away from the finials!! You may not know this, but Danny is one of the best One Pocket player on the planet, just ask Jeremy Jones, Josh Roberts, Cliff Joyner, Richie Rich, Big Tony or Scoot Frost, he has held his own with all of them.

If Efren's loss to Danny, no big deal

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren schooled Shannon Daulton at DCC a couple years ago. Shannon missed one ball during the entire match and lost. His age related health issues are documented but he is still capable of winning.

I was watching a 3 cushion tournament a couple weeks ago on a live stream and Raymond Ceulemans - born 1937 - beat 3 consecutive undefeated players at the end of the round robin. He didn't win the tournament but still playing at a high level.

As you age the biggest problem is playing long sets where you get tired.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That Danny Smith is one cool customer. He fell apart against Justin Hall. The match against Efren was fantastic to watch.

Alex got hosed, last week he was the best in the world and the week he lost every match. Fortune is a beeech.

I like all of the final three. That being said it would be cool if the kid takes it.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a pity that we age, but I am grateful that we saw as much as we have and hopefully even more of Efren in the future. Someone please confirm for me that Efren has a statue erected somewhere in Angeles City.

Too many erections in Angeles to count!!!!

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren must have heard you Dean:D, He made a couple huge mistakes against Shane ...even making balls for him. :confused: However, in the end, he took him to school and won.:D

Then Efren shredded the Shredder for the Championship. :wink: So in the end, Efren was a little off, maybe got confused at times, made mistakes, but was the very best of the very best top 1P players in the world, CHAMPION:cool:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The talk about Efren's downfall was a little premature .

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am so happy that Efren won
i thought i read that he lost every match,and i was thinking
he was through

i really have enjoyed watch him over the years

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member

Dean

How good is he looking meow? :)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren celebrates his wins now-He knows he doesn't have the skills he once had and is usually the underdog so he is just damn happy now when he wins in spite of it!! Go Efren!!

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am so happy that Efren won
i thought i read that he lost every match,and i was thinking
he was through

i really have enjoyed watch him over the years

So you posted your original message without watching any of the matches?

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta love Efren. Every time I'm in a slump and feel like breaking my stick over my leg I just picture Efren's smile and remember that I love this game.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the post-match interview, Efren had this to say:

"I want to thank my family, but that comes second. Most of all I want to thank Deanoc. My game had been dropping but once Deanoc called me out on AZBilliards, I got myself in order. I put down the chess set and went back to fundamentals. I spent all night shooting stop shots, looking at my mechanics, and PM'ing with Deanoc for inspiration. It was just what I needed to beat Shane and Danny. Thank you brother. Peace-Out, Deanoc!"

Last edited:

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Efren actually win or did he finally get lucky this time like he always says.

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Danny D, Efren is washed up. He shot at the wrong hole. He missed a ball one foot away from his hole straight in, he was on tilt, shot clock violating, he sold out on some incredible mindless shots, he...he....

Oh wait he won?! I knew it! Ive said he was the best player in the world bar none. Yep I did. It was me. Its all about me.

Last edited: