FargoRate: youngest players with highest ratings

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that FargoRate has been around since about 2015, do we know how quickly kids improve? For example is there a current top pro about 21 years old that we can see his/her yearly progression since 2015?

Also, could we see a list of the top FargoRates by age currently? Let's say top 3 10 year olds. Top 3 11 years olds. Etc, up to 18 year olds.

No particular reason, I thought it might make a nice discussion.
@mikepage

camaro69926

Registered
This was posted a year ago my son was a 676 and was 15 years old. This year in August my son was 16 and had a Fargo Rate of 713. They get better real quick.
1696518392192.png

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This was posted a year ago my son was a 676 and was 15 years old. This year in August my son was 16 and had a Fargo Rate of 713. They get better real quick.
That's impressive. I suspect there is also some delay involved since the old matches are factored in.

Zerksies

Most of these kids are better then grown adults who have been playing as long as they have been alive.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that FargoRate has been around since about 2015, do we know how quickly kids improve? For example is there a current top pro about 21 years old that we can see his/her yearly progression since 2015?

Also, could we see a list of the top FargoRates by age currently? Let's say top 3 10 year olds. Top 3 11 years olds. Etc, up to 18 year olds.

No particular reason, I thought it might make a nice discussion.
@mikepage
How 'bout the oldest with the lowest?? I gotta be top5. ;)

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Is this the top boys non-Asian player list?

Any girls performing at the same or higher level?

Asian countries have billiard infrastructure, just no Fargo implementation.

Any ideas for conversions between Asian youth ratings and Fargo youth ratings.

In Asia its more Jedi Master and Apprentice and years of experience that is used for rating a player, a lot of local reputation.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How 'bout the oldest with the lowest?? I gotta be top5. ;)
That kind of reminds me of a classic challenge to a road player that was made by a local cushion beater at the Brass Rail in Durham, NC, many years ago. It was enhanced by the fact that the local cushion beater was sitting on a shoeshine chair that was elevated above everyone below, making him look like he was the King of the Brass Rail.

Anyhoo, this road player comes sauntering in the front door, cue case in hand (a rarity back then) and starts eyeing the room, when our cushion beater shouts to him....

---"HEY, BUDDY, DO YOU WANT TO GAMBLE?"

Road player looks up, says "MAYBE. HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR?"

Cushion beater says "WHAT ABOUT A HUNDRED?"

Road player says "MIGHT WORK. WHAT'S THE GAME?"

Cushion beater says "I'LL BET YOU A HUNDRED DOLLARS MY DI*K IS LITTLER THAN YOURS!"

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Dang camaro69926, either you're also a very good player or your son has been whooping you for a while lol.

What does the "69926" mean on your screen name if you don't mind me asking?

Bud Green--> born 9/26/1969 and curious if we have the same birthdate.

camaro69926

Registered
How far did the apple far from the tree? What is dad's fargorate? :):)
I never really played to get a fargo and then some health issues stopped me from playing. I did run our junior programs for around 15 years. We had a blast and some real champions come through. My son learned from the other kids in the league. Josh Franklin, Blake Baker, River Burke and some other skilled juniors.