Fatboy live in Las Vegas

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran into Eric while in Vegas, he introduced me to his friend Mike Mitchell. This is the fellow that bestowed the name 'Fatboy' on Eric.

134983822.jpg

And Fatboy by himself.

134984087.jpg

One of these days we're going to have some extra time to BS around. He always catches me w/camera in hand. (working)

Good seeing you Eric!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Well, he certainly looks like a fine young gentleman when hes smiling.

All that $$$$ and he can't afford a Gillete Fusion. He must spend it all on cues and gambling.

Juice

Efren da king of pink!
Silver Member
He is a super nice guy. I had the pleasure to meet him as well in the liquor store. LOL I do not even drink but they sell bottle water by the liter and half.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, he certainly looks like a fine young gentleman when hes smiling.

All that $$$$ and he can't afford a Gillete Fusion. He must spend it all on cues and gambling.

The light beard is all part of that, I just rolled out of bed and threw this T-shirt on look that is very popular with the 30 something crowd in Vegas.:D:D

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Mike Mitchell is a monster, BTW. He placed like 3rd at the Swanee in 2009. I remember one match where Ernesto opened up by laying a 3 pack on him, but he came back to win that match. He's a good guy so if he's friends with Eric I guess Fatboy ain't so bad either.:grin:

Last edited:

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Mitchell is a monster, BTW. He placed like 3rd at the Swanee in 2009. I remember one match where Ernesto opened up by laying a 3 pack on him, but he came back to win that match. He's a good guy so if he's friends with Eric I guess Fatboy ain't so bad either.:grin:

Mike Mitchell AKA the Milkman. I used to rob him playing pea pool. Now he'd beat me to death with a broom handle! LOL

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a man crush going on here?

God no!!! we go back to 85 at a long gone room called "Tiptons" or "Snotpit" spelled backwards. Mike is a very talented natural player, every few months he was a ball better, then poof his game jumped 5 balls.

he can break the balls harder than anyone I ever saw, I dont know anymore, but back in the day nobody could crush the rocks like MM, Kim Davenport will verify this.

Its a shame we never took a pic together back then, he was super skinny, and I was Fat, hence the name "Fatboy". Its all good,

Gods honest truth,

its cool in pool to know people for over half your life.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric- If you PM me your new address I will send you a new t-shirt.:grin:

that poor shirt, I slept in it the night before, I did take a shower, but at pool tournments I let my self go to hell. I stay clean, but not shaving and wearing rags is my look these days. who knows I'll probably change that look in a year or two. the reality is most of my good cloths dont fit or out of style now, i been down with back problems for 6 years. So I havent really done much shopping. Sometimes I like to get the Efren looking hair going, it helps me play better.:grin:

Between you me and a fence post I was "slob" for a few minutes in 86, I told Mike to calm down that was a bit over reaching, So Fatboy was born. One guy I havent seen in 15 years Noah still calls me slob. Even if I am dressed good.

I used to dress up for tournemnts, thats when I didnt have $300, now that I have a few $$, I dress like I need $200.

I thin Rick photoshopped 30 pounds off me, i'm heavy right now, too heavy. but summer is here so i'm gonna drop weight like I awalys do.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Mitchell AKA the Milkman. I used to rob him playing pea pool. Now he'd beat me to death with a broom handle! LOL

i remember you, you wouldnt let me in your pea pool game at naughty nicks across the street. You barred me. you had a good little thing going there. Smart move not letting me in, LOL

In tiptons we had some great pea pool games, with stacks of quarters under the rails, mike west usually got the $$$, or MM, I'd bust out even and the other guys lost. is how it usually went. Thats why I cant play now with out betting, If its worth doing its worth doing for $$$, I cant hit a ball for free. When you took your customers across the street you had them all trapped. then I got 86'ed again, so I played down in the hood. Damn that was a lot of miles ago. you still playing?

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i remember you, you wouldnt let me in your pea pool game at naughty nicks across the street. You barred me. you had a good little thing going there. Smart move not letting me in, LOL

In tiptons we had some great pea pool games, with stacks of quarters under the rails, mike west usually got the $$$, or MM, I'd bust out even and the other guys lost. is how it usually went. Thats why I cant play now with out betting, If its worth doing its worth doing for $$$, I cant hit a ball for free. When you took your customers across the street you had them all trapped. then I got 86'ed again, so I played down in the hood. Damn that was a lot of miles ago. you still playing?

Actually Eric, it was at Tiptons. We played on the front table and Mike had another friend with him. The three of us played and I walked out of there with my pockets bulging with change! LOL It didn't take Mike long to get a whole lot better.

I remember you too. You used to hang out at Tiptons. I remember talking to you. You were definitely an idea man even back then! Glad to hear those ideas paid off!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually Eric, it was at Tiptons. We played on the front table and Mike had another friend with him. The three of us played and I walked out of there with my pockets bulging with change! LOL It didn't take Mike long to get a whole lot better.

I remember you too. You used to hang out at Tiptons. I remember talking to you. You were definitely an idea man even back then! Glad to hear those ideas paid off!

now I'm confused, of who you are. I know I know you. I played in that pea pool game lots of time Craig Heard, Mike West, MM, Me. I beat it a few times during the day, at night I would break even, I only lost a few times, and not very much. I miss that.

Who was the guy who had the ring game going at Nicks Across the street(when it first opened) he was a hispanic guy, solid B+ player and he had about 5-10 customers that were all C players and he ran the game, protected it from guys like me who could win some of the $$$. I thought his name was Rick:confused: He managed it good, a few nights he wasnt there I tried to get into the game when his customers were playing in it together, I said "I'll just pay off, if I make a $ ball you dont have to pay me, I cant win. All I can do is lose". And they were so loyal to him they still wouldnt let me in; if I only paid off and didnt collect. I just wanted to play and couldnt lose more than $50,

I was in bigger action all the time so it didnt mater. I was triple impressed how good he had managed his customers. Who was that? he was a solid B+ player hispanic late 30's and some facial hair, maybe a little gray. He was 5'6"-5'8" tall, not a big guy but not small, a little smaller than average. He didnt like me because he knew I could mess up his action(which I never did and wouldnt). Thats why I offered to only pay but not collect. Back then he played a little better than me, 2 on the wire to 11. Thats not you???

I'm gona be up to Stockton here soon to see my uncle in Tracy, I might play Rodden some real high, 10k-20K IDK exactly know where or when. I'd perfer playing at the Joint in Sac, but I dont think he likes that room, I dont like Hardtimes-I just dont play well in that room, never have.

keep intouch, I wish we had just one snap shot of Tiptons crew, tony White, Mike Velez, Willie Easter, Weasel, Johnnie Barcett(last time I played him I missed the 7 hill/hill for $100-still stings), all that history and good times gone. now days in 30 years we have it all documented-if i live 30 more years.

take care,

Eric

702-241-8000

msquared

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for calling me a monster. if I didn't get so tired against Mitch in the winner bracket finals I was playing very well. I missed easy shots that costed me the match. O well Mitch is a perfect gentleman and a true classy player. Next time o hope to catch a gear like I did then. I had lots of fun.

msquared

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that poor shirt, I slept in it the night before, I did take a shower, but at pool tournments I let my self go to hell. I stay clean, but not shaving and wearing rags is my look these days. who knows I'll probably change that look in a year or two. the reality is most of my good cloths dont fit or out of style now, i been down with back problems for 6 years. So I havent really done much shopping. Sometimes I like to get the Efren looking hair going, it helps me play better.:grin:

Between you me and a fence post I was "slob" for a few minutes in 86, I told Mike to calm down that was a bit over reaching, So Fatboy was born. One guy I havent seen in 15 years Noah still calls me slob. Even if I am dressed good.

I used to dress up for tournemnts, thats when I didnt have $300, now that I have a few $$, I dress like I need $200.

I thin Rick photoshopped 30 pounds off me, i'm heavy right now, too heavy. but summer is here so i'm gonna drop weight like I awalys do.

Noah was you talking about "Noel"

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Noah was you talking about "Noel"

yeah thats rite, i kinda felt like I didnt have his name correct when I typed it. he was a good game for me. He beat me a few times, I beat him a few more times. Last time we played in 93ish I think I won. We never played for more than $50. Cool guy. I wouldnt bet higher than that with him as we were on the same team-it was just a great workout to play him, for both of us. believe me if a real $$$ would have popped up we would have been betting together.

Christ I feel old.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah thats rite, i kinda felt like I didnt have his name correct when I typed it. he was a good game for me. He beat me a few times, I beat him a few more times. Last time we played in 93ish I think I won. We never played for more than $50. Cool guy. I wouldnt bet higher than that with him as we were on the same team-it was just a great workout to play him, for both of us. believe me if a real $$$ would have popped up we would have been betting together.

Christ I feel old.[/QUOTE]

I'm 64 today! Want to trade ages?