Filler and TRex. Tue -Wed at Roys

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The POV 1pkt on youtube is great.
Especially with Box in the booth. Is that his real name?

I appreciate youth-
But cmon Tony send him home on the right foot!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...you can make that ball and deliberately scratch and the ball gets spotted ...doesn't seem 'right' to improve your chances through a pocketed cue ball.

It also doesnt seem right to lose the game because opponent almost made his last ball though.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What time does it start today?

That was world class one pocket yesterday. Mistakes got punished.

I was impressed with Filler's ability to move.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think around 1pm est

Thanks. I still have no idea who will win. Both have an extremely high gear.

I wonder how much one pocket is played in Europe. Filler has figured out he cam make money at the game and will make money if he can find opponents.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I still have no idea who will win. Both have an extremely high gear.

I wonder how much one pocket is played in Europe. Filler has figured out he cam make money at the game and will make money if he can find opponents.

Gonna be a tuff row to hoe after this match-up.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This was some of the most exciting one pocket I've seen. Both players are fast and dynamic. Really enjoyed it.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just watched an old video of Earl playing 14.1 and the situation was similar.
Knowledge and creativity vs. talent and straight shooting.

Sooner or later the straight shooter overtakes the experience and the knowledge, since he picks it up as he plays.
In the end its just another game where you shot balls into pockets and right now there might be no one better at this task than Filler.

I still wonder how his trip to the "american" games will influence his 9ball, 10ball etc.
Will it add just more weapons to his armory and make him even harder to beat, or will it worsen it slightly because of lost focus on his "main" games.

This is actually the reason I think Mosconi is still the greatest ever. He would quickly become the best at any game he played. Remember he was world class at 3 cushion and also split the snooker games with the best snooker player in the world in exhibitions.

That said Fillers ball making ability is just crazy.

One thing I noticed about Filler is that in practice the pause at his backswing is noticeable but when he gets in stroke there is almost no pause at all in games. I have enjoyed watching this match and will watch again today but I still think one pocket is just not a great game to watch.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really want to see Filler play SVB in a long race playing 10 ball. I wonder if Roy can convince Filler to play him in 10 ball.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really want to see Filler play SVB in a long race playing 10 ball. I wonder if Roy can convince Filler to play him in 10 ball.

Roy saw what SVB did to Dennis. Filler would be a step up, but the outcome would be the same. Only Chang JL is a worthy opponent in a long race.

Last edited: