Filler's Victory Celebration

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a fan; be humble in victory. And if people say he is young, ask yourself this, do you think Landon Shuffett or even Fedor Gorst would celebrate like that? Point being, you don’t get a free pass because you are young.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Personally I’m not going to tell him how to play pool....
...and I’m not going to tell him how to celebrate....

....as long as he doesn’t hurt anybody

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Come on guys. The man just won a big tourney and it's a major life event. I've seen bigger celebrations at a $5 blackjack table over a push.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on guys. The man just won a big tourney and it's a major life event. I've seen bigger celebrations at a $5 blackjack table over a push.
I didn’t mean to insinuate no celebrating, just think it should be pulled back a wee bit.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll let the tournament promoter decide whether it’s something he’d like to address with that player for his events. Otherwise it is no concern of mine. Congratulations to Filler on the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I didn’t mean to insinuate no celebrating, just think it should be pulled back a wee bit.

Look I'm old school. Baby Boomer. Look like you've been there before type guy. It wasn't crazy. On a scale of 1-10 a 7. No problem.

We need to stop being so negative on AZ and celebrate the positives of our passion/sport. He's a good young man and husband. Plays pool real well and represents his Country.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He won and let out his emotions for 30 seconds or so. Big deal. He never dissed Carlo and went straight over after and shook his hand. Showed far more class than Dennis Hatch showed him two years ago..

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell if it was me winning that shit you would have to ask yourself one question! Is he having convulsions or is he getting the corner pocket pregnant! I say celebrate on I like to see how much it means to them to win.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ha ha I didn't get a chance to watch any of the tournament, and thought by the thread title that it might be referring to the orientation of his thumb when he grabbed his gf's ass! btw, is he married to her now?

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am always against jumping on the table.Respect the equipment.Do whatever you want with the cue its yours.....I try to be like fast eddie in color of money,play cool in front of everybody and the walk outside alone and “yes” with a fist pump.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I am always against jumping on the table.Respect the equipment.Do whatever you want with the cue its yours.....I try to be like fast eddie in color of money,play cool in front of everybody and the walk outside alone and “yes” with a fist pump.

You know the table will be dismantled shortly?

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I ask is that players take a whole second to look their opponent in the eye and shake their hand. The crazy celebrations are fine with me but not even being able to respectfully address your opponent is classless and unfortunately I see it all too often.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Just my personal opinion but.....

1. You don't show any celebration before the final 9 goes down. Filler whooping after he pocketed the 8 was a little uncool in my book. He's young, tho, and I am sure I did plenty of classless things at that age.
2. You shake the opponent's hand very first thing after that ball goes down. They are feeling crushing disappointment at this moment, and don't need to be "held hostage" waiting to shake hands whilst all manner of warbling, fist pumping, and breakdancing are going on. The last place they want to be is beside that table.
3. The very limit of what I would find "okay" as far as celebrating before shaking opponent's hand is something like when Archer laid his head and forearms on the table after a tough final match that ne won hill hill. This communicates how relieved he is to have the pressure gone, and is not rubbing in the victory for the loser.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion is you need all types of personalities in our game. That includes cocky and invincible players. It makes the game interesting and now we are talking about it.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The very limit of what I would find "okay" as far as celebrating before shaking opponent's hand is something like when Archer laid his head and forearms on the table after a tough final match that ne won hill hill. This communicates how relieved he is to have the pressure gone, and is not rubbing in the victory for the loser.

Well it kind of does rub it in....it comes across as smug. Same deal.