FIRST RUN OF 30

Geosnookery

Today at age 74 ran 32. I do run in the teens and low 20;s
but my first time over 30. Here is the kicker, I was alone started
with a break shot and ran 32 but no one saw it. So i guess it
did not really happen
Congrats! We salute you, However, now you need to top 32. Maybe make it a goal by your 80th birthday. If you are ever back up to 32 and the run is still alive, if St Peter taps you on the shoulder ask him to come back in ten minutes.

I’ve played Snooker for 52 years and My highest breaks have been at home in my Billiards room. I’m too old to learn to set up a camera, etc. However about once a year or so I do some magic on the table and be nice to add a soundtrack with applause and watch ‘the rare’ performance a dozen times,

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well done. I'd now set a goal to run half your age, which would be 37.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I get a high run it usually seems so easy that I figure I can do it all the time. But then the balls stop cooperating and back to reality. The real trick is to get the high run whether the balls want to cooperate or not. Problem is you need to be pro level to do that! Congrats!

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all, may be my last trip into the 30's but at least I got there once.
Run ended when I just could not manufacture a break ball.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I get a high run it usually seems so easy that I figure I can do it all the time. But then the balls stop cooperating and back to reality. The real trick is to get the high run whether the balls want to cooperate or not. Problem is you need to be pro level to do that! Congrats!
That’s an perfect description of the frustrations experienced when trying for a 14.1 high run. It just seems so easy at times and at others it’s just Murphy’s law.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go figure. I know I‘ve run at least 4 or 5 racks when just fooling around, but as soon as I start counting them (moving the coin) or turn on the video, things go wrong.

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Thanks to all, may be my last trip into the 30's but at least I got there once.
Run ended when I just could not manufacture a break ball.
I am sure this will not be your last trip in the 30's, I/we are looking forward to your post about the 40's.
The only one that needs to witness your run is YOU Congrats !!!!!!!!!

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
So true. Taming the expectation that I can repeat big runs without a problem is tough business.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today at age 74 ran 32. I do run in the teens and low 20;s
but my first time over 30. Here is the kicker, I was alone started
with a break shot and ran 32 but no one saw it. So i guess it
did not really happen
I believe you... great shooting...congrats....👍

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done! Maybe begin to think about key ball patterns to a break ball instead of counting individual balls made- all of a sudden the numbers 3, 4 and maybe 5 seem much more attainable than 40s, 50s, 60s !! Try changing your thought process about the game's flow- if you have enough ball pocketing confidence, I find it easier to run balls by thinking more on the macro level of key ball to break ball than getting 14 balls off the table repeatedly.

Watching modern 14.1 players- esp. the Europeans - they seem to look for large spreads of balls after each full rack break shot and immediately identify or manufacture ASAP break ball potentials- then they identify the pattern to that break ball - then they use their great position play/speed control to move the cue ball into position for the final three or four identified balls. Pocketing balls is a given, setting up the puzzle pieces correctly ASAP is their more immediate objective.

Pete H

Registered
I just joined the club with 31 at the age of 46. Took me about a year of banging my head on a wall before I started to see patterns for a break shot. The biggest help was watching Thorsten Hohmann's runs.

Next goal: 50 before 50. Won't be easy with ADHD, but with the help of medication, meditation, exercise and proper diet I believe it's possible.