For those who know me.....

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
...I think there are a few.

I wasn't sure if this was pool-related but I guess it's aimed at everyone I've gotten to know through AZB so that'll do (although with my aiming lately I'd probably miss!)

Most folks know I've been living in the USA for awhile now & have been acting as a house-husband while we wait for the INS to finalise my residency application. We got tired of all that a few months ago & I got a work permit (more money) so I could at least be productive. Winning a few bucks at pool doesn't quite cut it!

Well, I started work 4 weeks ago, in the electronics industry again. It's funny how some people like the sound of being a house-husband but believe me, it gets old very quickly indeed! It feels good to be working again. The money isn't great but it's more than I had been earning!

Then 2 days ago I got an email from the INS welcoming me as a new permanent resident. Finally!! It really is a great feeling after so much waiting. It's like having a real life again.

Of course I've been celebrating a little which is why I'm up so late/early! Tomorrow I'll probably just be saying "Ugh!"

I just wanted to mention it, and say thank you to all the folks here who have given me encouragement while we've been waiting for this.

Now, where's that bed?;)

Purdman

Banned
chilli66 said:

I wasn't sure if this was pool-related but I guess it's aimed at everyone I've gotten to know through AZB so that'll do (although with my aiming lately I'd probably miss!)

Most folks know I've been living in the USA for awhile now & have been acting as a house-husband while we wait for the INS to finalise my residency application. We got tired of all that a few months ago & I got a work permit (more money) so I could at least be productive. Winning a few bucks at pool doesn't quite cut it!

Well, I started work 4 weeks ago, in the electronics industry again. It's funny how some people like the sound of being a house-husband but believe me, it gets old very quickly indeed! It feels good to be working again. The money isn't great but it's more than I had been earning!

Then 2 days ago I got an email from the INS welcoming me as a new permanent resident. Finally!! It really is a great feeling after so much waiting. It's like having a real life again.

Of course I've been celebrating a little which is why I'm up so late/early! Tomorrow I'll probably just be saying "Ugh!"

I just wanted to mention it, and say thank you to all the folks here who have given me encouragement while we've been waiting for this.

Now, where's that bed?;)

Welcome home brother and congratulations!
Purdman

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
chilli66 said:

Now, where's that bed?;)

Congratulations. Welcome to the fold!
I'm sure your duties as a house husband haven't diminished much even with the new additional work so don't be suprised to see your game disappear for a while.

The women have been doing it for the last 30 or 40 years, you know, taking care of daddy, the children, the house and at the same time holding down a full-time job.

How the women are able to do that is beyond my understanding. That nurturing gene must be POWERFUL.

JoeyA

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Well I don't know you but I know a little now. Welcome, what part of England are you from?

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
chilli66 said:

Now, where's that bed?;)
Welcome, I am also from England but I have been here for about 12 years now and it was hard to get all the INS stuff done back then before 911. I can't imagine what you had to go through now with all the tightened security etc. Anyway if you can get through the INS stuff you will have no problem with anything else this country put in front of you. Congrats and welcome to the greatest country in the world.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Okay... I was gonna just jump in here and make some snide comment about how we'd have never known you were from somewhere else, because your accent doesn't show up in your writing.

BUT, it's been a long time since I was on the forum for very long and I just woke up. Something just doesn't work right for me on this thread. I'm sorry, but "Chilli 66" doesn't sound like something from England and even though I re-read the opening message, I still don't get it! I didn't see a thing about you being from England. Do I still have THAT MUCH sleep in my eyes?

Wherever you're from, WELCOME!! Glad you waited it out.

So, where ARE you from?

I'm going back to bed for a bit. This is making my head hurt!

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chilli66 said:

Now, where's that bed?;)

Like everybody else said. Welcome to the land of the free. Please enjoy your stay and i hope you make it permanent. I to have also been a house husband, although for different reasons. Have a good life............mike

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
Quit job and play pool for a living, imo. Jobs suck

congrats!

loc712

Registered
Iv'e seen you play keep your job,I guess you'll have to open your mail order salsa business again. Congrats again. By the way I'll take TWO

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Wow, thanks to everyone for the replies. I got the official letter today saying "Welcome to the USA." Nice to have that.

To answer some comments, I'm originally from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire in England. Yes, I'm definitely English. The chilli66 handle comes from my reputation as a lover of chili peppers (the hotter the better!)

Aze, I'd love to do that but my wife would kill me! And as you can see loc712 thinks I need the day job. Of course he was playing MUCH better than me the other night. Weren't you, big guy?:D Hopefully we'll both do better on Sunday night. Funnily enough I was thinking about making some salsa tonight!

Once again, thanks to you all. I really do appreciate the words.

Ade.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
chilli66 said:
To answer some comments, I'm originally from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire in England. Yes, I'm definitely English.

Well, your accent still isn't "visible." :D

The chilli66 handle comes from my reputation as a lover of chili peppers (the hotter the better!)

Maybe that's why the accent wasn't so obvious! :D :D

Glad to have you here!

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Welcome to America! I think you will find that most Americans welcome LEGAL residents and immigrants with open arms.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
JesPiddlin said:
Well, your accent still isn't "visible." :D

Maybe that's why the accent wasn't so obvious! :D :D

Glad to have you here!

I'm sorry, old chap. It is somewhat hard to remember one should type in the correct manner so that one represents one's self correctly. LOL, if you ever catch me talking like that give me a slap round the head! Thanks for the welcome again, my friend.

Poolplaya, you are absolutely right there. It's amazed me how pleased people seem to be when they hear the news. I've had a lot of handshakes & congrats in the last few days. That's one thing I've learned in my time here, there's a lot of good folks about.

One last thing. After loc712's comments about my game & mine about his, we had to play each other tonight in the 9 ball tourney at our local PH. I saw the draw & called it the "Battle of the AZB all stars!" Apologies to AZB & all members for that but it was all I could come up with on short notice!

I will say that I hate playing him in these events. He's a great friend & teammate & we always want each other to do well. With that in mind I've decided the game should not be part of this discussion, just to say he's a much better player than I am. Definitely more consistent, a quality I lack.

Oh what the hell, 3-0!!!!!! Hey, I gotta brag when I can!:D

He'll kick my ass next time after that! And before anyone asks, I didn't stay in too much longer.