Mojocues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been building cues as a hobby since the mid 90's

BUT ANYHOW

quite some time ago i got paid for a cue and do to some issues in my life
do to my own fault, i never delivered as i should have .and FOOLISH PRIDE
stopped me from just telling him the real hold up and working out a solution

Not to mention a couple other cue makers offered to help out but I was to bone headed to accept their offer

ANYWAY as part of my new lifestyle i have tried to make amends for
any mistakes ive made and tracked him down to make it right

BUT he said he was quite happy and found the cue he will shoot with till they pry it from his cold dead hands and the fact that i found him and appologized and offered to make it right means more than a cue or $$. would..../ we parted wishing each other well

SO SINCE I CANT PAY HIM BACK I WANT TO PAY SOMEONE FORWARD

post someone who deserves a free cue and why

i will let a panel of 3 members decide what post explains who deserves
a cue and i will send one to them ... no accolades to me are nesesary
no review of my cue needed nothing . no obligation to anyone else

Last edited:

theredfury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
youre a good man...though i may not know you and meet you all my life i think your action to pay forward deserves credit...

congrats to the one who will be picked...

regards
ron of dindo perez

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no better way to put it, and I won't write how great the sport is, because I know deep down that this is the ultimate challenge I will get from life. Life has given me ups and downs, but only pool can give me the satisfactions; Knowing that I have lived, and lived well by playing pool. I'm too broke to buy a cue, and I love pool, there is no better words to describe my feelings towards pocket billiards. Since you are honest about the mistakes you've made, I am going to be completely honest as well; I need a cue to become a better player, a better man. I browse the buy/sell section everyday, and I could only wish that I can own a cue that beautiful, not mentioning the confidence and power it will give me. To sum it up, I love this sport, and I will take care of your cue like no one else.

Sincerely.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My pick would be our AZ buddy, Robley.
He has a dream of going Pro and his showing at last weeks tourney proves the kind of drive and determination that he has.

Robley has a bit of a disability and the money he gets, he shares with his Mom and even friends he feels that are in need more than him.

When he did his first tourney, he didn't have much in the way of playing equipment. Ray picked him up and got him there, many other AZers donated
money to help him with the travel expenses. I sent him a case and break cue. He is very humble and thankful for everything that he recieves and for his opportunities. I have no idea what kind of cue he is using at the moment, but I can think of no other person on this board that is more deserving of a new cue than
our best buddy, Robley.

Last edited:

Mojocues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the way Zhero, you were supposed to pick someone else, not yourself.

I think either is fine with me ... some might not want to share they have a need though .. but if your in need through your hat in the ring

nominations are great good one one on our fellow AZer hog ridr

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I don't have anyone in particular to nominate. I just want to thank you for going out of your way to do this. It is a wonderful gesture.

Last edited:

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the OP,

It's good to see that you are trying to pay something forward in an act of kindness and charity for your fellow human being.

Though there are a great many people and/or organizations that would gladly accept your generous offer, I must currently advocate that there is a benefit tournament being held in the Atlanta area this coming weekend for a U.S. Army veteran that is needing a liver transplant.

In an effort to muster whatever contributions we can acquire, your cue would be a great donation for a very worthy cause that we can raffle off.

If this is something you would like to consider, please PM me and I will provide the pertinent contact information and details to you.

I apologize in advance if my response is considered open solicitation. Perhaps it is but it is not my own self interest that is at heart here but one that is definitely for a worthy cause for one of our veterans.

Thank you for your consideration.

Link to the thread concerning the tournament is below:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=248234

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
i was just going to suggest a returning vet or an active duty person

i dont know anyone personally,
but im sure there's plenty on here who do

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
i was just going to suggest a returning vet or an active duty person

i dont know anyone personally,
but im sure there's plenty on here who do

I second Brent's suggestion.. I can't think of anyone more deserving!

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that a vet coming home that shoots probably deserves first.

I would also think about someone that has gotten scammed lately that can't afford another cue because they're hard earned money is gone to someone else. Just a thought. Cool idea though!:thumbup:

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
I also just want to thank you for going out of your way to do this. It is a wonderful gesture.
I truly believe most people are good .
Thanks for being one of the good guys !

hdgis1

My pick would be our AZ buddy, Robley.
He has a dream of going Pro and his showing at last weeks tourney proves the kind of drive and determination that he has.

Robley has a bit of a disability and the money he gets, he shares with his Mom and even friends he feels that are in need more than him.

When he did his first tourney, he didn't have much in the way of playing equipment. Ray picked him up and got him there, many other AZers donated
money to help him with the travel expenses. I sent him a case and break cue. He is very humble and thankful for everything that he recieves and for his opportunities. I have no idea what kind of cue he is using at the moment, but I can think of no other person on this board that is more deserving of a new cue than
our best buddy, Robley.

I'll second robley!

Chris

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
There have been many fine suggestions already and I would like to suggest that you consider giving it to a kid. I don't really know of any on here but I am sure there are some.

Whatever you choose you cant go wrong, there are allot of good folks here. Congrats on your new lifestyle. Your creating some good karma for yourself.

(robley also looks like a great choice)

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
There have been many fine suggestions already and I would like to suggest that you consider giving it to a kid. I don't really know of any on here but I am sure there are some.

Whatever you choose you cant go wrong, there are allot of good folks here. Congrats on your new lifestyle. Your creating some good karma for yourself.

(robley also looks like a great choice)

I like Chris's suggestion -- give it to a deserving local kid.

Here's the rationale:

1. Spend some time at a local pool hall, over a period of, oh, say, a couple weeks. See if you can find a kid that always seems to show up, and spends time at the table practicing. Determine his/her dedication.

2. If you're satisfied that you've got a "catch" (i.e. someone that is really starting to latch onto the sport), present the cue to him/her, and explain why.

3. You've just set the hook -- for life. Everytime this kid picks up that cue, he/she will think of you, and how you inspired him/her. Everytime that kid sees you in the local pool hall, he/she will revere you.

4. The day you pass on, that kid will remember you -- long afterwards. He/she will tell the story to anyone who will listen, of how a perfect stranger, who noticed the young whipper-snapper really giving the sport his/her all, came up and showed perfect generosity to foster his/her interest. And isn't that what we're all on this planet for -- to do our part, to do good things, and be remembered for it?

-Sean <-- Exhibit A of that kid

P.S.: I agree that Robley would be another great candidate as well!

Last edited:

argonath

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the thought of offering it to a returning Vet.

Maybe you should contact the PVA. They have a seasonal travelling league for paralyzed Vets who play, and Im sure they would know someone who would be needful and appreciative of your cue.