Free custom Titlist convesion

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey All,

I have been out of the pool game for some time and now have some time to start playing again but want to focus on snooker for the time being.

I have few custom pool cues and have done a lot of buying and trading here on az and now I would love to give one of my cues to the person who is serious about the game but cannot afford quality cue to get the game to the next level. I have given away 2 snooker cues already here on az and now its time for a pool cue!

Therefore I decided to do something good and give away my Titlist conversion made by Nubs.

Cue is a bit light around 18 oz (weight can be added). 2 shafts around 12.6-7, 5/16x14 ss joint, leather wrap. 58 inches.1 shaft is a bit bumped up around collar and not original to the cue but still made by him (super think ring in black collar is silver, not copper like in original shaft)

Look for pictures below.

As for whom to give the cue to, maybe someone could help me figure out the best way to be fair- please share your opinion.

I was thinking putting a deadline next Wednesday, noon EST.

Please share if you are in need of a cue or know someone who can benefit out of it.

As a side note, I am looking for a new job in finance. If somebody could help me with this I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_7814.JPG

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7816.JPG

IMG_7815.JPG

IMG_7817.JPG

Last edited:

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
When I gave away a few cues here I gave them to a young person. Maybe there is a Jr Champ that could use a upgrade. Just a thought. Kudos to you for doing this. :thumbup:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Just donate it to a tournament for a raffle. Find one of the memorial tournaments

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I gave away a few cues here I gave them to a young person. Maybe there is a Jr Champ that could use a upgrade. Just a thought. Kudos to you for doing this. :thumbup:

Good idea, I got a Jr Champ that would like it :)

http://billiardeducation.org/ma-junior-state-champions/

I sent you a PM about the junior program in our area, this would make a nice dontation for fundraiser for Junior Nationals or as a prize for the Jr State championship tournaments we'll be having in the area.

I was kidding about it for my son, he has a cue he likes already that a cue builder on AZ donated to him.

Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
That is a very generous offer, a selfless trait not often seen these days.

I would suggest giving it to somebody who has the character to pay it forward, so your good deed won't be lost on them. Nubs made great cues, BTW.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
I hope this cue really does end up in the hands of someone who needs it. If i recall there was a gentleman overseas posting about buying a second cue in the review section but he only had very limited funds, maybe he will cover shipping, I'm sure he would appreciate it, disclaimer** I have no idea who he is but he seemed to be a very big pool fan and plays several hours a week.

I found his post, please check him out: VladislavHristo

Last edited:

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I don't know anyone who needs/deserves a fine cue like this. I do know that this is a n outstanding gesture on your behalf. Selfless and generous to say the least. I hope it finds a deserving and thankful new owner who will use it to play with, and in turn and time, be able to have faith in helping someone else if/when they can. May you be blessed sir...Matt D.

MBL

Registered
Wow!? What a great offer! I wish I was "in need" as some others must be. The love of the game! What a great example of this.

I'm getting back into it after an absence of about 18 years...so I know the feeling. I am embarking on the quest to find a Titlist that is uncut, so I can have a conversion done...something old that retains the soul it acquired from years as a house cue in some smokey room someplace.
Rock on!
Much respect!
Tim
MBL

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
One other idea, You could sell the cue and use the funds to purchase several lower cost cues at cost from a dealer and distribute them to several people in need. Wisconsin Billiard Supply would be willing to speak to our Vendors to see if we can get any additional price breaks for something like this, We will provide the OP with our actual invoice so he knows he is getting our cost. THx, Tom

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just donate it to a tournament for a raffle. Find one of the memorial tournaments
This is a great idea. The Smoky Mtn 9-ball shootout is in April, it is a benefit tourny to help retarded children(ARCA). Just a suggestion. Mike Gulyassy could give you the details, he helps run it every year. Big event, 100$ entry with 128 players. Fills up fast every year with a waiting list. It is in Waynesville, NC. It is usually full with paid entries by the middle of March. It may be 150$ now not sure.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great gesture on your part, and a really nice cue. Hope you find a way to meet your expectations.
As for donating to a tournament... Probably a good chance it would be won by someone who didn't "need" it - per your hopes, and/or someone who would sell it right away for the cash. In that case you may have been better served to sell the cue and donate the money to a cause of your choosing. Best of luck & kudos!!

thintowin

thin2win
Silver Member
special cue for someone special. it's a noble gesture and i hope the "chosen one" will realize how special he/orshe is and as someone stated earlier; that they will pay it forward.

good luck in your endeavor.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put in a post earlier about getting this for my areas junior league, and since we had some pay if forward posts:

I have a Lenovo X201 laptop with an Intel i5 CPU and a solid state hard drive. If mel sends this to me for raffle or prize for he kids tournament/fundraiser I will send this to someone that will donate it to their local school. I recently donated a laptop to my son's engineering program since they were using something so old they could not even play YouTube videos, and I am thinking there are lots of other parents on here whose school could use a nice laptop for some program.

Yes this is a bribe LOL :wink::)

I see qbuilder popped into this thread, how about doing a special cue for the BEF for the champions since the kids lately have had much worse prizes than in prior years? I've heard before they used to get a paid trip to worlds, a nice scholarship fund, I think a few even won pool tables. These days they get a few 100 in scholarships and a few sponsor prizes and no real help in paying for the trip to world tournament.

Last edited:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Very nice gesture,and a good way to get get good Karma (luck).I'm sure that you will get the job that you want.Sometimes good people do get rewarded.Good Luck buddy.
Marc

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another suggestion. Donate here. If this interests you get in touch with myself, Paul Frankel (AZB Professorqball) or Yura (AZB yesyura)

Reduced 3-Cushion-Expo-Clinic-web.jpg

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice gesture. I personally would not donate it to a raffle as it may end up in someone's hands that can afford a cue...I like your original suggestion/intent better, but your choice.

I will reach out to Melissa Little as she does a lot of work w/juniors and maybe one or two fit what you are looking for. Once I hear back from her I will forward you on the info. If you find someone in the mean time that fits the bill, congratulations to him...and you.

I love this kind of stuff. Thank you!
Dave

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice gesture. I personally would not donate it to a raffle as it may end up in someone's hands that can afford a cue...I like your original suggestion/intent better, but your choice.

I will reach out to Melissa Little as she does a lot of work w/juniors and maybe one or two fit what you are looking for. Once I hear back from her I will forward you on the info. If you find someone in the mean time that fits the bill, congratulations to him...and you.

Dave

Good point about having it be raffled off for a fundraiser, but at the same time it would be tough to just pick out a kid out of a bunch and give them one while others in the program don't get one.

I have a shorter nice cue that Steve Klapp made that I keep wanting to give to someone but beacause of that reason I have not yet, plus it's a shorter cue, so I'd want to keep tabs on it so when the owner grew out of it we could get it passed on to another new owner.

How do you pick out one kid from this to give a cue to?
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...7627246955868/669844263067495/?type=3&theater

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dave

Agreed, and its easy to spend others money but here's another idea kid related I should have mentioned before. Luca is a fine young 9 Ball player and very soon an excellent 3 Cushion player.

Who knows what an auction would get but selling and donating some or all to a cause is always a choice.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=390857

But, I am prejudiced
Tom Paley
Secretary - United States Billiard Association

Likely last time you'll see that signature.