jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

gifs_24.gif

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
why you dont "brake check" an 18 wheeler......

View attachment 600119

The driveshaft on the ground confirms SUV or pick-up. I think this is a fairly old picture of a pick-up truck. There was nothing scarier than my cabover eighteen wheeler in bumper to bumper traffic. If I tried to leave reasonable space from the people in front of me three cars jumped into it. If I ran close enough that they couldn't jump in there was no way I was stopping if the people in front of me hit the brakes hard. The one saving grace was my height above almost all vehicles, I would watch eight or ten cars ahead.

After hitting Dallas/Ft Worth on a bad morning I never again hit that twenty mile or so stretch during rush hour. I would drive straight through or park the rig a few hours, whatever it took!

I did stop a truck that was too fond of my back bumper years ago but I did it slowly and gently leaving him completely stopped on a steep incline up an old bridge. I hope he twisted a drive shaft!

No picture and I wouldn't have taken one if I could but one of the damnedest wrecks I ever saw was a full sized pick-up smashed side to side until it was about an even two feet wide front to back! They had just draped a tarp over the passenger compartment, nothing more to be said.

Respect trucks, if you can't respect them, fear them! I never hang around trucks driving. I stay well behind until I can pass completely, not get in a string of vehicles creeping past a truck. A tire carcass weighs eighty to a hundred pounds last I knew. You don't want to be there with no place to go if a truck has a major blow-out! They can sling major stuff off of the road too and often can't avoid it in traffic.

This picture is a lot more interesting than funny as hard to imagine anyone surviving. However, I have been more surprised working wrecks that everyone survived in than those that killed people unexpectedly. I did learn that brains really are gray looking at windshields. I hated those vehicles around and tried to get rid of them as soon as possible.

Hu

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
New webseries featuring Judge Earl Strickland.
Watch as he decides if it was a good call, bad ball, or equipment defect.

Earl officiates all types of bets, gambling and tournament calls. He carefully weighs each parties case and makes his decision clearly and concisely.

JudgeEarl.png

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

My olympic scoring experience indicates he came out of his tuck a little early, a little sloppy in the air, and he under rotated a bit. 8.5 is probably spot on. On the other hand, the chances of me trying that dive even in younger days would be 0.0!

Hu