FYI - Magic Eraser

Poke N Hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you that use the Mr. Clean Magic eraser or similar product to clean your shaft please read the attached pdf file. Please keep the eraser products away from your kids. The pdf file is an email my wife received yesterday.

View attachment Magic Eraser.pdf

Magic Eraser 1.jpg

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up. I use them for everything. I don't have any young grand children anymore but will keep them in a safe place. Johnnyt

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
We really never know if a new product or drug if safe until people start dying. Just because the FDA or whoever says it's OK doesn't mean that much. Too many lobbyist and payoffs to call it fact. How many products have killed million over the last century? Yes the testing has got a lot better over the years, but you can't take the human element of greed out of it. Anyone that puts a product on the market that they know can kill should get the death penalty, or better yet make them and their whole family use or eat the product until they die. Johnnyt

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, when you get emails like this, make sure it's not a fake, urban legend, or some other nonsense. My wife gets stuff like this forwarded to her all the time.
And no, better safe than sorry doesn't cut it. It's how stuff like this gets blown out of proportion because people don't bother to check. I recently insisted that a friend take me off his "forward" list because of the tons of fake emails he would send me.

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
scrubbed hands

I have used the magic eraser to clean grease and oil, dirt from my fingers and nails, it works great and I don not have to scrub as hard or has long to get the same result as from Lava soap, or a hand degreaser. Using a hand degreaser has always left my hands feeling slick and it seems to later, really dry out my skin.

No problems with the magic eraser and water.
Just my thoughts

Kennan Keffer
Keffer cue Repair

Poke N Hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pushout said:
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, when you get emails like this, make sure it's not a fake, urban legend, or some other nonsense. My wife gets stuff like this forwarded to her all the time.
And no, better safe than sorry doesn't cut it. It's how stuff like this gets blown out of proportion because people don't bother to check. I recently insisted that a friend take me off his "forward" list because of the tons of fake emails he would send me.

The chemical burn part is faux however, it can cause bad skin irratations if you rub it on your skin . Which a kid will do. I am a father of three and I was trying to let AZ board members who have kids be aware of a potential problem with a product that has been talked about in many threads in this forum.

Last edited:

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I don't care what you guys say, I believe it.

Don't use a Swiffer WetJet or your dog will DIE!!!

Also don't flash your headlights at cars in gang neighborhoods.

Those Nigerians won't fool me again!

Don't use your remote anymore because thieves with "code grabbers" can steal your car.

I'll never call a 809 area code or use *677 again.

If you see a flyer stuck to your back window, don't get out of the car or a carjacker will mug you.

The Target chain doesn't support veterans, but Sears does! Happy shopping.

BTW, I usually respond back to those annoying e-mails (I RESPOND TO ALL so the sender is embarassed) and suggest they check snopes.com before sending on spam again. I'm usually dropped from the copy list from that point on.

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My sister was painting with the help of my young daughter a couple of years ago. My daughters arms had gotten quite a bit of paint on them so sis decided to try and clean them up with a magic eraser. They looked real close to what the pic shown looks like afterwards. It cleared up after about 2 or 3 days with no harm done.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Poke N Hope said:
For those of you that use the Mr. Clean Magic eraser or similar product to clean your shaft please read the attached pdf file. Please keep the eraser products away from your kids. The pdf file is an email my wife received yesterday.

View attachment 83556

View attachment 83557
Warning!!!, this isn't quite a hoax, but it belongs in the bucket of "send this email to everyone" type of email clogging annoyances.

This email has been around for two or more years. The woman in question admits that she doesn't know if it's a "chemical burn" or "abrasion." There are numerous sites that will point out the base pH in this product ranging from 8-10. That's barely above neutral. Washing the dishes will give you a higher base pH than this. I believe sitting a bathtub of bubble bath is about the same if not higher.

So, although I certainly feel for the mother, the facts seem to point to the idea that the pH in the Magic Eraser or the Scotchbrite Eraser isn't to blame for these marks.

{note: I see others have already pointed to the "abrasion" culprit.}

Fred

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Another thing you never want to do is to use sandpaper instead of paper towel!

Attachments

• Mr. Clean.jpg
    Mr. Clean.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 282

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
I like to smoke a little Magic Eraser before I play.

Is this bad too? :confused: :D