Gabby from Houston.......

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I've already posted his name. I'm not sure of the spelling but it's close. I've known him 35/45 years. I know he's alive. I've played pool with him dozens of times.
How about you ? Dude.
Rod.
Rod, have another shot, this will get funnier. How are ya anyway,
Lewis

androd

androd
Silver Member
Rod, have another shot, this will get funnier. How are ya anyway,
Lewis

Well "Gettin old aint fer sissies" but I don't like to complain it's gets everybody started.
Rod.
PS. I see above that someone found him. :p

balls2thawall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I've already posted his name. I'm not sure of the spelling but it's close. I've known him 35/45 years. I know he's alive. I've played pool with him dozens of times.
How about you ? Dude.
Rod.

yeah i know his real name. but i referring to the guy mac who thought his name was larry Hill.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah i know his real name. but i referring to the guy mac who thought his name was larry Hill.

I had read that name too. I only ever heard him called 'Gabby'. But you can see some articles about the crimes he committed. He got 40 years. Aggravated robbery, preying on the elderly, mostly to steal jewelry.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From one of the links you provide. Doesn't sound like he gives the game a very good name.
"The indictment said Washington introduced Roberts to Mouise Pouncey so that Pouncey could deliver the stolen jewels, valued from a few hundred dollars to $125,000. The indictment describes Pouncey as a "pimp and pool player who turned to robbing elderly ladies to support a gambling habit." "

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
The indictment describes Pouncey as a "pimp and pool player who turned to robbing elderly ladies to support a gambling habit."

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
The indictment describes Pouncey as a "pimp and pool player who turned to robbing elderly ladies to support a gambling habit."

What's sad about this, I knew this man from S. Cal 76-81 and played him many a time, for hours. He was a gentleman on the table and respectful to his opponent. He hung with a couple older, sharply dressed individuals at the time, backers. They were always shuckin & jivin' but never disturbed our game.

"Know one knows where the nose goes when the doors close''

57 yr old sounds about right, he would of been in his early 20's when we played in s cal.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
He played real gooooooood. I enjoyed watching him play the few times I was lucky to be around him. Sucks what he did to those elderly women, tho. :(

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He played real gooooooood. I enjoyed watching him play the few times I was lucky to be around him. Sucks what he did to those elderly women, tho. :(

In 1994 he wanted to play some 9 ball with me but I declined the offer.:cool:

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Anyone who thinks it is "strange" or "funny" that this guy may never get out of prison is f*cking stupid.

He would drive around, look for old women driving nice cars, follow them home or get one of the other people involved in the crimes to run their license plates to find their residences, beat the sh*t out of them, and take their jewelry.

I don't care if the guy could save dying babies, you do this sort of thing, you deserve to lose your freedom forever. Additionally, someone should be going into his cell on a regular basis, beating the sh*t out of him, and taking any and all belongings he has while in prison.

Good riddance.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Anyone who thinks it is "strange" or "funny" that this guy may never get out of prison is f*cking stupid.

He would drive around, look for old women driving nice cars, follow them home or get one of the other people involved in the crimes to run their license plates to find their residences, beat the sh*t out of them, and take their jewelry.

I don't care if the guy could save dying babies, you do this sort of thing, you deserve to lose your freedom forever. Additionally, someone should be going into his cell on a regular basis, beating the sh*t out of him, and taking any and all belongings he has while in prison.

Good riddance.

I agree than it would take an animal to beat up an older woman, something most of us couldn't conceive.

A long ago one of my business acquaintances, an elderly man, returned home to find his wife dead. She was the victim of a similar attack - this one ended in death. It was just a matter of time before he killed someone.

He's eligible for parole in 2018. If they do let him go, let's hope he has achieved some ability for human compassion.

Chris

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well "Gettin old aint fer sissies" but I don't like to complain it's gets everybody started.
Rod.
PS. I see above that someone found him. :p
No gettin old ain't fer sissies fer sho, and it just sucks!!
Take good care, and whee do you hang these days??
lewis

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
Just talked to two different guys that played Gabby in LA in the late 70s. One played him 9 ball at Tropicana and said Gabby was phenomenal - just a shade under Marvin Henderson. The other said Gabby played some great one pocket.

manny1991

Registered
Gabby

He is serving at the Wynne Unit. I have a friend here in College Station who knows him and stated he is not dead

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Just talked to two different guys that played Gabby in LA in the late 70s. One played him 9 ball at Tropicana and said Gabby was phenomenal - just a shade under Marvin Henderson. The other said Gabby played some great one pocket.

Gabby played under me, under Kieth, under Hawaiian Brian & Little Al, but was tough to beat. I lived there 76-81.