Gus Szamboti 70's

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I've always been able to adjust to any weight almost immediately. My Ted Harris is around 25oz with the extension on it, I played with it on all the time, never took it off except to put in a case.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Approx how much does it hurt the value of my Gus since it is 20 ounces?
$0 is how much it hurts the value.

I own about 20 Gus & more Barry. I actually don’t know the total inventory. Nothings for sale.

enjoy your cue

Best,
Fatboy

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I own about 20 Gus & more Barry. I actually don’t know the total inventory. Nothings for sale.

enjoy your cue

Best,
Fatboy
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Owning 20 Gus cues makes you an expert for sure. I would love to get your estimate on the value of my Gus if you would do so as that would help me greatly in selling it. . Thanks in advance

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

enjoy your cue

Best,
Fatboy
I wonder if you picked up the one I had custom built/ordered 76 that I had to sell during my divorce years in the nineties. 3 shafts, leather wrap, birdseye windows in the butt

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Owning 20 Gus cues makes you an expert for sure. I would love to get your estimate on the value of my Gus if you would do so as that would help me greatly in selling it. . Thanks in advance
I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer with Szams, but I do have a good bit of experience with them, know Barry very well.

I’m not 100% up to date on pricing because I’m not selling anything but I can find out easy enough what the market value is of anything. It’s not what it was on the big cues. I have mine because they make me happy, not in it for the $. It’s a piece of pool history I enjoy/

best
Fatboy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if you picked up the one I had custom built/ordered 76 that I had to sell during my divorce years in the nineties. 3 shafts, leather wrap, birdseye windows in the butt
I have one Double black veneer Gus with the original leather wrap and Curley maple(rare on Gus cues) that’s a early 70’s with 3-4 shafts that have been well played with. Barry verified early to mid 70 because of the double black
I traded something for it in 09-10. It’s a beautiful cue, has 20 or 24 MOP inlays in it points/butt. It’s beautiful-I wanted to play with it but it just doesn’t feel to good to me. It’s way above average in the looks dept. I’ve let lots of people hit balls with it. Meh is about good of a review as it gets. It’s in the bottom 10% of Gus’s in the “hit” dept. I don’t know the history of it. Sure looks great!

best
Fatboy

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a lot of input from many of the facebook group members I have decided to offer this for $13,500.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Logdog. i would like you to send me pics to suremancues77@gmail.com, or you can call me 19890305-6454, if no answer leave message, i'll call you back soon, i''m here all night. I"LL TAKE IT couldn't find a ny old pictures of it.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sold in 21 minutes (probably). I think I know what logdog is thinking about his decision to sell for that price. Probably still the right price, though.

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update......Sure-Man said he thought it was a different Gus and he was confused so he offered me $12,000 instead. Cues is still for sale for $13,500

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Update......Sure-Man said he thought it was a different Gus and he was confused so he offered me $12,000 instead. Cues is still for sale for $13,500
Are there any pics of said cue? I would think it could help sell it if we could see what it looked like.

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the covid stuff, will it be worth bringing a cue to the Derby Classic this year? Will there be enough buyers present?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not for $13,500
You never know you might get a collector with a fat wallet that gets a woody for the cue.
Or the offers may establish a solid price.
If Sure Man offered $12K it's probably worth more then that.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You never know you might get a collector with a fat wallet that gets a woody for the cue.
Or the offers may establish a solid price.
If Sure Man offered $12K it's probably is worth more then that.
Sure, but I just meant in person at Derby. A cue in that price range is not an impulse buy