Harassment - your view please!

LeagueShirts

I make pool stuff!
Silver Member
I'd like to thank and recognize JB for his very insightful contribution! I've performed a lot of reading on copyright and trademark, everything he's stated in in line with my understanding. Even if you don't care to read legal docs, at least do a cursory review on wikipedia!

Art designs and company names are not covered in patents, patents cover inventions of products and processes etc.

That reminds me to add TM to my stuff. lolz.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Court is now in session!

Attachments

• Kangaroo court.jpg
    Kangaroo court.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 216

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Court is now in session!

That's just how it feels following this thread, like you're watching a case on the old Court TV (now Tru TV). Except here we have two litigants and dozens of attorneys. It can almost make your head spin trying to follow all the legal arguments here. I do feel like I just got a basic lesson in Trademark law. AZ Forum Law 101 - FREE Enrollment!

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Solution

I have the solution.

Everyone is invited to use my marketing company and website:

ALL things T. www.allthingsT.com

Just make sure your product either IS a T-shirt or has a "T" somewhere in the name.

I think they could reach a broader market by offering each others designs. imo

Working together is better for everyone!

Next.

Ray

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hu...That's a hoot! Cocaine was NOT one of the "two key ingredients"...those were sugar and water! There was very little cocaine in the original Coca-Cola formula, and that was taken out when cocaine was outlawed early in the 20th century.

I can't believe Dave hasn't closed this thread, or just deleted it.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

All Coke did was shorten cocaine and list it and cola, the two key ingredients. Had someone came out with Cocaine Cola back in the day I doubt Coke could have won a trademark case at the time.

Hu

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I disagree that Angela should waste money on an attorney on this, at least at this stage, unless she is contacted by an attorney.

There is almost no chance of a trademark or copyright infringement suit on this. First of all, there is no registered trademark because Pooltees let the process lapse. Secondly, even if there were a trademark, Jake would have to be prepared to spend tons of money suing and it's definitely not a clean case.

As far as Jake's behavior, I think he could have conducted himself more professionally, but it's not harassment (at this stage). Anyway, on and on - Angela and Jake should shake hands and go on their merry way. This is a waste of time and possibly money for each of you.

Chris

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
SAVE YOUR MONEY ON LAWYERS; Agree to this:

iCourthouse

iCourthouse is a greatly streamlined version of the court system in the real world. Cases here move at internet speed. The cases are real, the jurors are real, and the verdicts are real... Collect your evidence and present your case...

iCourthouse is the internet's courthouse. The system of the courthouse, and how cases are presented and verdicts are arrived at, resemble procedures found at traditional courthouses.

Here at iCourthouse, justice moves swiftly and surely. Justice here is more egalitarian, more democratic, and, actually, rather enjoyable.

iCourthouse.com serves the community of internet users in many of the ways that a brick-and-mortar courthouse serves its community. It is an online courthouse where you can present your disputes for trial before a jury of your peers, any time, for any reason.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
SAVE YOUR MONEY ON LAWYERS; Agree to this:

iCourthouse

iCourthouse is a greatly streamlined version of the court system in the real world. Cases here move at internet speed. The cases are real, the jurors are real, and the verdicts are real... Collect your evidence and present your case...

iCourthouse is the internet's courthouse. The system of the courthouse, and how cases are presented and verdicts are arrived at, resemble procedures found at traditional courthouses.

Here at iCourthouse, justice moves swiftly and surely. Justice here is more egalitarian, more democratic, and, actually, rather enjoyable.

iCourthouse.com serves the community of internet users in many of the ways that a brick-and-mortar courthouse serves its community. It is an online courthouse where you can present your disputes for trial before a jury of your peers, any time, for any reason.
Looked at the site and I think this is a great idea!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Here are my thoughts. I can see why that Jake guy is upset; however, he doesn't have a leg to stand on unless you guys are located in the same state.

Other than that, why select a name that's so close to a competitor's where it makes them upset? That would be like me setting up a site called www.a-to-z-billiards.com or something like that. Of course, Mike would lay an egg.

My perception is that you're fighting a fight not worth fighting. Change your pool t-shirt company name to something different and move on - and everyone's happy.

I've never bought a shirt from you or that Jake guy so I don't have a dog in the fight. However, if I wanted one versus the other.... having your name poolroomtees.com definitely creates market confusion for both of you...so why do it? :) good luck