Have you been drugged

bigfish67

Registered
Has anyone been drugged by opponent? I am not sure but I think it happened to a friend.

To make a long story short. He was playing good, the guy buys him a drink, 15 minutes later he can't make a ball. The bet was jacked he lost a bundle. He was feeling a little dizzy but not bad, only if he raised up off the shot fast. He also felt like he couldn't make the right decisions. An old pool player friend of ours told us he was "Jared".

Does anyone know what to "Jar" someone means? Or what is used to "Jar" an opponent?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Has anyone been drugged by opponent? I am not sure but I think it happened to a friend.

To make a long story short. He was playing good, the guy buys him a drink, 15 minutes later he can't make a ball. The bet was jacked he lost a bundle. He was feeling a little dizzy but not bad, only if he raised up off the shot fast. He also felt like he couldn't make the right decisions. An old pool player friend of ours told us he was "Jared".

Does anyone know what to "Jar" someone means? Or what is used to "Jar" an opponent?

Perhaps he is not a big drinker or maybe it was very strong drink. I will not put it past someone doing something like that, I have heard stories of crushed up sleeping pills, lsd, and a bottle of visine. You can never be too careful. As far as jarred means, it means he was rattled.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
yea lennys got it on point. Being "jarred" is nothing more than being rattled, flustered, nervous, or whatever how ever you want to describe it.

Like being in the electric chair and your opponent puts a 7 pack on you in a race to 9...you get up and miss a straight in b/c your "jarred"....got your nerves all shot to pieces.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It used to happen when these type of drugs were available without prescription. I will not name any of the drug types but they are out there. It probably happened if they were playing for enough money. I know a friend who has said he feels certain he was "jarred" while playing a guy who posts here on AZ.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure the drug we refer to for being "jarred" has changed over the years. Not about to try to air it out what causes that nowadays, but I will say there was a thread about this in the last 6 months. Use the search function.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Breckenridge,CO turned into a spot that I quit playing at when even the bartender was loading extras into your drinks, if you were winning too much.
And I was drinking pepsi or Coke up there (as usual), so NO way to get squirrely from drinking, but they thought they could jump me in the parking lot for the winnings anyway....
Steamboat Springs had a group of guys that finally decided it wasn't worth the effort to drug every drink in the place either.
For a definition of "Jarred" watch the Baron and the Kid again....

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine who gambles big at pool, will only drink bottled water when playing, not even from the tap. This is to avoid being "jarred" and makes sure he's in control over what enters his body. He won't drink it if the cap has been loosened. I always thought he was a little paranoid, but now...?

It's not a bad rule to follow.

Dave

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'm not sure if I ever was jarred. I jarred myself pretty good most nights I played so it would be hard for me to know.:smile: Johnnyt

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
yep the term being "jarred" is pretty old and its the term used when you get drugged.

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
My buddy was drugged at a Strip Club in Vegas a few years back. He went for a dance and came back about 30 minutes later. The stripper came up to me and said, "your buddy owes me $400". I started laughing and said "what the hell just happened".

He was totally messed up and just standing there (barely). I asked for his ATM card and she held it up. Before I could finish asking him for his Pin number, she blared out "1234" (or whatever it was). Something was definitely up. The bouncer was standing over us with the crazy look ready to pounce.

Just then to our luck, a fight broke out on the other side of the stage. The second they were distracted, I put my arm up the back of my buddies shirt and bolted out the door. We booked down the street for a mile or so before finally hailing a cab. I had to drag him most of the way.

I have no idea what was in his drink, but whatever it was hit him very hard and quick.

The next day he got a call from his bank that there were 19 tries on his ATM card starting at $1900, $1800.... all the way down to $200 or so. They put a hold on the card early on and just monitored it. Good thing my buddy had nothing in that account.

Sorry this was a little off topic, but I wouldn't put anything past money hungry a-holes.

bigfish67

Registered
The more I read the more it sounds like he was Jarred. He is supposed to play the guy again... if it happens again... well there will be no guessing i guess.

I just didn't think people would resort to that but...

Thanks to all that replied
Fish

Rotarded

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy was drugged at a Strip Club in Vegas a few years back. He went for a dance and came back about 30 minutes later. The stripper came up to me and said, "your buddy owes me $400". I started laughing and said "what the hell just happened".

He was totally messed up and just standing there (barely). I asked for his ATM card and she held it up. Before I could finish asking him for his Pin number, she blared out "1234" (or whatever it was). Something was definitely up. The bouncer was standing over us with the crazy look ready to pounce.

Just then to our luck, a fight broke out on the other side of the stage. The second they were distracted, I put my arm up the back of my buddies shirt and bolted out the door. We booked down the street for a mile or so before finally hailing a cab. I had to drag him most of the way.

I have no idea what was in his drink, but whatever it was hit him very hard and quick.

The next day he got a call from his bank that there were 19 tries on his ATM card starting at $1900, $1800.... all the way down to $200 or so. They put a hold on the card early on and just monitored it. Good thing my buddy had nothing in that account.

Sorry this was a little off topic, but I wouldn't put anything past money hungry a-holes.

The same type of thing happened to my brother at a strip club in Cleveland. The worst part is that his guests/clients left before it hit him. His next consious moment was being pulled over 4 hours later, and was givin a DUI. His company credit card had been racked for $4k.

I believe I was drugged one night in my home bar 2 years ago. I was playing 8-ball with a smoking hot girl I'd never seen before. After about 5 games, and 3 beers, I started to feel fuzzy, but thought nothing of it. This was just about the time a stranger asks me to play for $20 a rack. I won the first game and was immediately challenged to $50 a rack. I had a friend sitting at the bar notice I was slurring. She grabbed me and sat me down next to her. I woke up the next morning at home, no memories of anything in between. She had taken me home. Thank God she had my back. I have never seen either one of them again.

Last edited:

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read the Gospool, Freddy the Beard's second book. It is mostly stories and there are a few that describe different instances if people getting drugged during a game. It is a great book if you are looking for stories of past players.

-Brandon

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea lennys got it on point. Being "jarred" is nothing more than being rattled, flustered, nervous, or whatever how ever you want to describe it.

Like being in the electric chair and your opponent puts a 7 pack on you in a race to 9...you get up and miss a straight in b/c your "jarred"....got your nerves all shot to pieces.

no, Jarred means getting drugged, they used to use the drug in squirt guns into a guys drink when he wasnt looking.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is the real meaning of getting "jarred", not the new interpetition.

The term is called “jarring.” There are two kinds of drugs they usually put in your drink: Hyacine, a mind-controlling drug, and the other one is Scopolamine, which screws up your equilibrium and makes you think you are playing better than you are. Then you get off balance and you can’t make a ball. It’s also very dangerous, because if you drink too much of it you can end up in the hospital.

Somehow in the last few years "Jarring" has become the equivalant of dogging it, which just inst the TRUE meaning of Jarred.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is the real meaning of getting "jarred", not the new interpetition.

The term is called “jarring.” There are two kinds of drugs they usually put in your drink: Hyacine, a mind-controlling drug, and the other one is Scopolamine, which screws up your equilibrium and makes you think you are playing better than you are. Then you get off balance and you can’t make a ball. It’s also very dangerous, because if you drink too much of it you can end up in the hospital.

Somehow in the last few years "Jarring" has become the equivalant of dogging it, which just inst the TRUE meaning of Jarred.

Both of those drugs are old news. Newer drugs are much stronger and leave little chance of detection. As with most modern "home-made" pharmaceuticals, these can be deadly and made with every-day items.