help please....butt stuck in case

CanadianGuy

the butt feels like it's snagged or hooked on something ,
I can kind of wiggle it side to side but cannot rotate it and cannot pull it out even with a fair amount of force

thanks in advance

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 204
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 201

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Few problems can't be solved with the proper application of HE.(High Explosive)

OK, HE might not be the best solution here. I would put a shaft on the cue just for a handle. Then I would shake rattle and roll! If there is any movement it should be possible to increase it unless it is fiber wrapped or tangled on the cue. I would still bring it in front of a TV or other distraction and work the cue around for a few hours or until it comes out. An application of a corn starch based powder should help.

One possible "last resort" effort might be to drill a hole in the bottom of the case. A rod being able to apply direct pressure on the problem and a few sharp raps on the rod with a hammer should move almost anything. A hole just over a half inch and a half inch quality aluminum or stainless rod should do the trick. Might damage a rubber bumper but with a little care that should be the worst that happens. The hole in the bottom of the case is easily repaired and you are back in business.

I don't know what your pin thread is but if you can connect a body shop style slide hammer to the top of the butt that might work wonders too.

Good Luck!

Hu

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
put a joint protector on butt. find a place to slam/smack/hit case with something to absorb force of butt hitting it when it releases. did the butt go in case as normal? what kind of cue/case?