Hollywood Billiards and Top Shot 3

Pizza Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's Top Shot as in guns. The Restaurant Operations Manager from Hollywood Billiards will be competing on the third season of Top Shot, which premieres tonight @ 10 PM on the History Channel.

Here's his bio...

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/bios/billy-rogers

Always love it when two of my passions intermingle....three if you count food :D

Adios,

Pizza Bob
 
Never miss a show of Top Shot the past 2 seasons! Now, if they can also shoot pool in competition, I will really like Billy Rogers' chances! :p
 
Awesome! I'm working my way through season 2 on Netflix right now, so I'll probably start torrenting season 3 to catch up.
 
That's Top Shot as in guns. The Restaurant Operations Manager from Hollywood Billiards will be competing on the third season of Top Shot, which premieres tonight @ 10 PM on the History Channel.

Here's his bio...

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/bios/billy-rogers

Always love it when two of my passions intermingle....three if you count food :D

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hi Bob,

Glad to see you posting. I'm going to have to give the show a try. I wasn't even aware of it but thanks to you guys I found out I can watch past shows on Netflix.

Sadly, Hollywood Billiards is no more - the pool table aspect is gone. Maybe they'll come back some day.

Chris
 
That's Top Shot as in guns. The Restaurant Operations Manager from Hollywood Billiards will be competing on the third season of Top Shot, which premieres tonight @ 10 PM on the History Channel.

Here's his bio...

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/bios/billy-rogers

Always love it when two of my passions intermingle....three if you count food :D

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Wow, talk about a blast from the past...where ya been, Bob?

Unfortunately, like Tate mentioned, Hollywood Billiards(the LA one) is now Spot 5750; a new, hipster kind of place, witha few pool tables. The tables have red cloth and dim lighting. Jeff still owns it, i believe, but it's not the same.


Eric >long live HB
 
Wow, talk about a blast from the past...where ya been, Bob?

Unfortunately, like Tate mentioned, Hollywood Billiards(the LA one) is now Spot 5750; a new, hipster kind of place, witha few pool tables. The tables have red cloth and dim lighting. Jeff still owns it, i believe, but it's not the same.


Eric >long live HB

Love the show; I was rooting for the guy, until I read the part about the red cloth !!! bet it ain't even simonis !! lol !
 
Love the show; I was rooting for the guy, until I read the part about the red cloth !!! bet it ain't even simonis !! lol !

Red cloth. Jef bought Cochran's in SF, ruined it, closed it.

Bought Hollywood Billiards, it fell in the quake, he got a big settlement, rebuilt it in a beautiful location, had Ernesto set up the tables perfectly, staffed it with gorgeous girls. The he ruined it, and I'm sure its a matter of time to closing it.

All I can say is, if he makes and offer for Bensingers, RUN !

Thanks

Kevin
 
Tate / Eric:

Nice to know I was missed. I really find it hard to indulge more than one vice at a time. I still shoot pool, but it has come down to a weekly match with a regular opponent at my house.

I've been a shooter practically my entire life and have been pursuing that for the past several years. Started shooting in both USPSA and IDPA and while NJ isn't real conducive to the shooting sports, there is a large firearms community if you know where to look.

Relevant to this topic, I was somewhat aware of HB's demise and I kind of touched on it in my post (#23) on a NJ Gun Forum, here...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index....eason-3/page__pid__347533__st__20#entry347533

Tate, shooting with you at the old/real HB was a highpoint of my trips west. Thanks for the memories (I can use that now that he's dead, can't I?:grin:).

Adios,

Pizza Bob
 
Tate / Eric:

Nice to know I was missed. I really find it hard to indulge more than one vice at a time. I still shoot pool, but it has come down to a weekly match with a regular opponent at my house.

I've been a shooter practically my entire life and have been pursuing that for the past several years. Started shooting in both USPSA and IDPA and while NJ isn't real conducive to the shooting sports, there is a large firearms community if you know where to look.

Relevant to this topic, I was somewhat aware of HB's demise and I kind of touched on it in my post (#23) on a NJ Gun Forum, here...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index....eason-3/page__pid__347533__st__20#entry347533

Tate, shooting with you at the old/real HB was a highpoint of my trips west. Thanks for the memories (I can use that now that he's dead, can't I?:grin:).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I watched 7 episodes last night from Season 1 on Netflix - My wife was dumbfounded that it held my attention, but I like this show.

I have been interested in target shooting for many years. We have a nice range in Angeles Forest and I have a couple of very accurate sporting Sako's with 25X scopes - they are easily sub MOA grouping rifles with premium ammo.

I have pistols and some antique rifles but don't shoot them target - maybe I'll start.

Chris
 
It was Mecca for me.

1st Cochrans
2nd Hollywood Billiards

Keep him away from Bensingers

In the 50's/60's when Ronny Allen, Sleepy Bob, Jack Perkins, Cry'n Sam and other scuffs in CA were not at Cochran's in San Francisco, they were at Hollywood Billiards at Hollywood and Western.

Sad to see what it has become.
 
In the 50's/60's when Ronny Allen, Sleepy Bob, Jack Perkins, Cry'n Sam and other scuffs in CA were not at Cochran's in San Francisco, they were at Hollywood Billiards at Hollywood and Western.

Sad to see what it has become.

You know, things change and too much crying about that just makes one feel old. On the other hand, I was there when Jef gleefully decided to trash a really great looking room with great equipment and service and it made me real sad.

You talking about downstairs Hollywood Billiards? I think I was in there once or twice when I first came to California. Where I left the spot was The Rack.

Thanks man

Kevin
 
That's Top Shot as in guns. The Restaurant Operations Manager from Hollywood Billiards will be competing on the third season of Top Shot, which premieres tonight @ 10 PM on the History Channel.

Here's his bio...

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/bios/billy-rogers

Always love it when two of my passions intermingle....three if you count food :D

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The manager/top shot guy does not even look vaguely familiar to me...

I'd been to HB a few times :D
 
Back
Top