Hope everyone has been doing well

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I just wanted to stop in and say hello to some old friends and foes. Hope everyone is staying safe and doing well

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It's not the AZ you remember, it's a ghost town. Where you been? (optional answer).

Chris

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
It's not the AZ you remember, it's a ghost town. Where you been? (optional answer).

Chris

I kind of lost my way after losing my road buddy in 2015. I just started playing again this year. Wouldn’t you know it.... now just about all the poolrooms are closed lol.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
That's too bad. There are some of the old regulars here but some have died off too. A lot of new faces. Carbon fiber is one of the hot topics, lot's of stuff coming up. Not much else has changed except this coronavirus stuff might take out the remainder of the pool halls - whew!

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to stop in and say hello to some old friends and foes. Hope everyone is staying safe and doing well

Thanks Petey. I'm kind of a hardcore guy who grew up on pool and still love the game. They can't get rid of me on here. ;)

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kind of lost my way after losing my road buddy in 2015. I just started playing again this year. Wouldn’t you know it.... now just about all the poolrooms are closed lol.

Ain't that the way it goes, once I got back into playing more often the local pool rooms shut down not much later. Such is life.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I disappeared for awhile too. I wonder how much damage the CTE stuff did to AZB? Or was it the migration to social media? Facebook is just so piecemeal, I prefer the old forum style.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disappeared for awhile too. I wonder how much damage the CTE stuff did to AZB? Or was it the migration to social media? Facebook is just so piecemeal, I prefer the old forum style.

was the aiming forum popping back in the day?

Since I have been here, it's been like the same folks just going back and forth, figure there is like 10- 15 people who are actually interested in talking about CTE, be it pros and cons.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
was the aiming forum popping back in the day?

Since I have been here, it's been like the same folks just going back and forth, figure there is like 10- 15 people who are actually interested in talking about CTE, be it pros and cons.

Yes, you missed the Golden Age before there was an aiming forum. It was a virtual philosophical war and it culminated in Lou Figueroa (no CTE) playing John Barton (CTE) for $10,000 in a streamed one pocket event. It was high drama of the first degree. The insults, slap downs and questionable behavior in the months leading up to the event beats anything I've seen this side of American politics and WWF wrestling. Leading up to it was a near near school yard brawl feauring an all-star cast of AZ members. Lou kept his cool and took the cash which he secretly chopped with John's online arch-enemy. It was...unbelievable, a true spectacle. John egged Lou on all the way. Lou obliged somewhat reluctantly and vowed never to do it again.

Looks like AZ imploded after that. I would call that the pinnacle of the forum. Like everything, these things have a life cycle.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
You guys are correct in many things, but the numbers on AZ have been up probably due to many members hanging out at home with nothing to do. We have Tate back, one of the truly great members and ShootingArts who has the ability to put his thoughts into words like few others. Blackballed who may just be the quirkyest, funniest and smartest poster on the board;). There are many others who check in from time to time(Jam) so at least we know they have not turned into Zombies from the latest bug. AtLarge and sjm and Jay who keep us real. Lou who writes at a level with Hu and a handful of others who I can't think of at the moment.

Communicating our thoughts on this site is very important now even when we disagree.

There are a few new members who seem to pick up the slack of a few that have disappeared.

We are lucky to have this group to share are thoughts and questions with.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys are correct in many things, but the numbers on AZ have been up probably due to many members hanging out at home with nothing to do. We have Tate back, one of the truly great members and ShootingArts who has the ability to put his thoughts into words like few others. Blackballed who may just be the quirkyest, funniest and smartest poster on the board;). There are many others who check in from time to time(Jam) so at least we know they have not turned into Zombies from the latest bug. AtLarge and sjm and Jay who keep us real. Lou who writes at a level with Hu and a handful of others who I can't think of at the moment.

Communicating our thoughts on this site is very important now even when we disagree.

There are a few new members who seem to pick up the slack of a few that have disappeared.

Alexa shows it has been picking up...
So is pool big in India?

KpqTDsA.jpg

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

FB has definitely put a hurt on it. The aiming threads were entertaining to say the least lol
It didn’t even dawn on me about poolroom closings... but you are exactly right

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yeah we need some more high drama. Thanks Cuebuddy, it's good to be back. I would be listening to the crickets right now...Maybe we can get JimBo, Drivermaker, Keith and some other unmentionables to show up. Wish Blue Hog Rider was around. Dippy, naw.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

I agree, AZ has an array of good posters

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Yes, you missed the Golden Age before there was an aiming forum. It was a virtual philosophical war and it culminated in Lou Figueroa (no CTE) playing John Barton (CTE) for $10,000 in a streamed one pocket event. It was high drama of the first degree. The insults, slap downs and questionable behavior in the months leading up to the event beats anything I've seen this side of American politics and WWF wrestling. Leading up to it was a near near school yard brawl feauring an all-star cast of AZ members. Lou kept his cool and took the cash which he secretly chopped with John's online arch-enemy. It was...unbelievable, a true spectacle. John egged Lou on all the way. Lou obliged somewhat reluctantly and vowed never to do it again.

Looks like AZ imploded after that. I would call that the pinnacle of the forum. Like everything, these things have a life cycle.

It was a wild time. Amazing really. It took quick wit and thick skin lol.
John was definitely not the best candidate to represent all things CTE lol. He could’ve used a scope and it wouldn’t have helped. He needed 150 lb ass weights to keep from jumping on top of the table mid stroke lol.
Those were the days