How About this: Let's all tell pool players to NOT buy the factory made cues. SO many custom cues are out there.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I have videos on creating your own cue.

cue construction with recycled materials is the future.

With recycled materials the pool business can be accepted by the environmentally conscious crowd.

Has anyone ever seen a cue shaft made out of paper and recycled cork?

I can post how to videos.
Its part of my premium and exclusive membership package. PM for details

Please do not post your video on DYI Pool Cue construction, a better idea would be build a sample. Then sent it like a chain letter to 20 people will to test for a week, and pay postage to forward to the next tester. Last person returns your Cue to you. See how many orders you get, will be the proof of you have found something people want, or think your invention is like buck of puke, no one wants.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Have you asked Ned what he thinks of your approach? Since you say you talk with him and all. I'm guessing he isn't happy. I remember another guy that used to tell everyone about a cuemaker, that cuemaker I asked what he thought of it. He wasn't happy about it, didn't want the free advertising as he already had more orders than he could keep up with.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Have you asked Ned what he thinks of your approach? Since you say you talk with him and all. I'm guessing he isn't happy. I remember another guy that used to tell everyone about a cuemaker, that cuemaker I asked what he thought of it. He wasn't happy about it, didn't want the free advertising as he already had more orders than he could keep up with.

Why do you be blunt and honestl, and name name. This code talking is just rumor, and bs.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Why do you be blunt and honestl, and name name. This code talking is just rumor, and bs.

Because it was long ago, and just an example that I remember. The member that was posting isn't a bad guy, has grown up a bit, and the cuemaker is still active. No real reason to tell you who, the example is just that cuemakers don't always want their fans trying to push their product in such a way. Isn't code, and only bs is you trying to get names on something that isn't directed towards you.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Because it was long ago, and just an example that I remember. The member that was posting isn't a bad guy, has grown up a bit, and the cuemaker is still active. No real reason to tell you who, the example is just that cuemakers don't always want their fans trying to push their product in such a way. Isn't code, and only bs is you trying to get names on something that isn't directed towards you.

Well I wonder why you even bring it up, plus I do not think someone say something positive about a Cuemaker is a bad thing. Some Cuemakers on the forum get nothing but praises, and that is a good thing.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Well I wonder why you even bring it up, plus I do not think someone say something positive about a Cuemaker is a bad thing. Some Cuemakers on the forum get nothing but praises, and that is a good thing.
Well if you can't figure out the difference between praising someone's work, and trying to tell people they shouldn't buy x because z is the best thing since slicee bread, and at the same time saying x isn't any good, then you are a bit dense.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's all stop buying the Predators, Mecci's, and etc. and start buying the custom cue makers cues at about the same price. WHY would we buy a Predator made from a CNC China factory when we could buy an American JC, Ned Morris, and many others cues for about the same price? Let's make it happen!!!
I’ve tried doing business with these prima donnas. Forget it. I can’t put them all in that category but most of them.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well if you can't figure out the difference between praising someone's work, and trying to tell people they shouldn't buy x because z is the best thing since slicee bread, and at the same time saying x isn't any good, then you are a bit dense.

I get that point.

I am a Big fan of JBCase Cue Cases, but also get some people love other Cue Cases.

MrKnives

So I should buy a cue you won’t play and know the guy and save trees that isn’t a problem to begin with. Ok, got it. Must be a slow day!

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
So I should buy a cue you won’t play and know the guy and save trees that isn’t a problem to begin with. Ok, got it. Must be a slow day!
also avoid use of hazardous and toxic chemicals. polyurethane or wood stains are not environmentally safe, stop supporting them.

Nyquil

The one you dropped? Was it damaged? No reason to 'take a bath' on a AC unless something was wrong with it.
Well I didn't drop it the waitress did but ya I ended up selling it to pay for some chairs. It still rolled straight but needed a refinish after drop. Tbh I just don't think customs play well and above a good production. Of course this is just my opinion ymmv.

justnum

Silver Member
Please do not post your video on DYI Pool Cue construction, a better idea would be build a sample. Then sent it like a chain letter to 20 people will to test for a week, and pay postage to forward to the next tester. Last person returns your Cue to you. See how many orders you get, will be the proof of you have found something people want, or think your invention is like buck of puke, no one wants.

Send me an address in PM.
Its a DIY pool cue.
All recyclable materials

JC

Coos Cues
Does anyone feel that Ned Morris may not actually appreciate this spamming of his greatness at the expense of discounting other cue makers and brands? If I was Ned Morris, I would probably be embarrassed by all this, especially given that he doesn't even seem like he is taking active orders currently.
I heard Robin Dreyer is giving Ned pool lessons for 10% off out of sympathy.

justnum

Silver Member
Stop.

Just stop!

my bad, David you must be pretty smart to catch that.

As long as the polyurethane is produced well it is the best polymer.

See following govt article on PU.

JC

Coos Cues
I have videos on creating your own cue.

cue construction with recycled materials is the future.

With recycled materials the pool business can be accepted by the environmentally conscious crowd.

Has anyone ever seen a cue shaft made out of paper and recycled cork?

I can post how to videos.
Its part of my premium and exclusive membership package. PM for details

The pool community doesn't give a rat's ass about the environment.

giphy.gif

justnum

Silver Member
I am not a GREEN PERSON, Recycling is not new school idea.

Ever hear of a Milkman, who brought Milk, etc before sunrise to home.
The pool community doesn't give a rat's ass about the environment.

giphy.gif

Attracting the existing pool community is not the goal.

With an eco friendly pool product line its an attempt to attract A list influencers. Think Hollywood stars, athletes, models, and big money investors.

Then follow that eco friendly line up with the rebirth of womens pool
in 14.1.

Instead of sending women to a shelter and counseling, send them to tournaments with women like Jenn Barretta, Allison Fisher, the Asians and introduce the female billiard player support network.

Follow that up hours in a women owned and run pool room like Jenn Barretta and Skyline Billiards in Brooklyn.

The eco friendly is to share their values.

Its what Kevin Trudeau did with big payouts for existing pool players. Big money equal big bait.

The latest trends are for protect environment and give women space to grow and help other women.

Small towns dont have much in the way of fighting back against outdated male traditions and behavior. The female pro pool community is positioned well to solve it. Especially with todays technology, no woman should feel like no one is out there.

Your Welcome.
thats what people say in English when discussion is over
B829940E-BE48-4542-9103-58ACCF685100.png

Last edited: