How About this: Let's all tell pool players to NOT buy the factory made cues. SO many custom cues are out there.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Show me that combination….!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

He is talking about one of these Players Sneaky Pete cues.

I have one.

7D3F558D-F468-4AE7-BF7A-69AFC54F8164.jpeg

Nyquil

Plenty of USA options I agree. With that said I will likely stick with predator moving forward. They just hold their value well and sell quick on the forums. I took a bath on my Carmeli when I sold it.

bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's all stop buying the Predators, Mecci's, and etc. and start buying the custom cue makers cues at about the same price. WHY would we buy a Predator made from a CNC China factory when we could buy an American JC, Ned Morris, and many others cues for about the same price? Let's make it happen!!!
I’d say leave predator out of your comments. They do a great job of sponsoring and supporting pool. And btw I’m a custom guy

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Let's all stop buying the Predators, Mecci's, and etc. and start buying the custom cue makers cues at about the same price. WHY would we buy a Predator made from a CNC China factory when we could buy an American JC, Ned Morris, and many others cues for about the same price? Let's make it happen!!!

1) American custom cuemakers already can't cope with the demand. Hence the long wait times.
2) What's wrong with buying a Predator? I don't know what a Mecci is 😆
3) For us that don't live in the US and that can not easily access customs, top quality production cues are a godsend.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's true I do own a Revo shaft, but I play with Ned Morris' Evolution C/F shaft 90% of the time.
All I wanted to do was introduce Ned on AZB. I'm sure 90% didn't know about him. BUT he's busy for months.

You didn't do him any favors by the way you did it.

As we are finding out, in a much more serious context, HOW you do something is more important than WHAT you do.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of USA options I agree. With that said I will likely stick with predator moving forward. They just hold their value well and sell quick on the forums. I took a bath on my Carmeli when I sold it.
The one you dropped? Was it damaged? No reason to 'take a bath' on a AC unless something was wrong with it.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I have videos on creating your own cue.

cue construction with recycled materials is the future.

With recycled materials the pool business can be accepted by the environmentally conscious crowd.

Has anyone ever seen a cue shaft made out of paper and recycled cork?

I can post how to videos.
Its part of my premium and exclusive membership package. PM for details
You don't have to use recycled, repurposed, or alternate materials to be "environmentally conscious". Like the paper companies and Christmas tree farms, materials for cue building already are a sustainable resource. As they chop down trees in one forest they are planting new ones in another. A continuous cycle that never depletes the total resource.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
You don't have to use recycled, repurposed, or alternate materials to be "environmentally conscious". Like the paper companies and Christmas tree farms, materials for cue building already are a sustainable resource. As they chop down trees in one forest they are planting new ones in another. A continuous cycle that never depletes the total resource.

thats the first environmental pool promo ive seen

can you make it a trend?

chenjy9

Does anyone feel that Ned Morris may not actually appreciate this spamming of his greatness at the expense of discounting other cue makers and brands? If I was Ned Morris, I would probably be embarrassed by all this, especially given that he doesn't even seem like he is taking active orders currently.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could tell you what a lot of pool players would tell you in reply but I don't want to get banned. To test my theory walk into several bars and pool halls and tell every player to quit playing with their cue unless it is a custom cue. Have someone record it and post it here.

chenjy9

I could tell you what a lot of pool players would tell you in reply but I don't want to get banned. To test my theory walk into several bars and pool halls and tell every player to quit playing with their cue unless it is a custom cue. Have someone record it and post it here.
Especially since you can get a Mezz under $400, a JFowers cue for $300, a McDermott for under $300, and a Schmelke for under $150.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Especially since you can get a Mezz under $400, a JFowers cue for $300, a McDermott for under $300, and a Schmelke for under $150.
If you go to a pawn shop you can get them a lot cheaper than that. I got a nice D series McDermott under $100. Rolled straight, nice cue, flipped it for a nice profit.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone feel that Ned Morris may not actually appreciate this spamming of his greatness at the expense of discounting other cue makers and brands? If I was Ned Morris, I would probably be embarrassed by all this, especially given that he doesn't even seem like he is taking active orders currently.
Yeah, Ned is probably cringing if he knows about this.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does a Sneaky Pete cue by Tim Scruggs sell for so much?
There’s no decorative rings or inlays or veneers but it costs a lot.

Likely because Tim crafted exceptional playing cues and was a
master of his craft like so many of his peers, living & deceased.
The anatomy of a cue identifies many variables for a cue maker.

Irving Crane didn’t require new technological improvements to be
a world champion, nor did either of the two Willie’s, Hoppe & Mosconi.

A cue is a tool and great players use it better than most of us. Weaker
players benefit from better technology proportionately greater than do
stronger players. But make no mistake, both can and do benefit from it.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
It's true I do own a Revo shaft, but I play with Ned Morris' Evolution C/F shaft 90% of the time.
All I wanted to do was introduce Ned on AZB. I'm sure 90% didn't know about him. BUT he's busy for months.
Ned Morris is fairly well known.