How About this: Let's all tell pool players to NOT buy the factory made cues. SO many custom cues are out there.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let's all stop buying the Predators, Mecci's, and etc. and start buying the custom cue makers cues at about the same price. WHY would we buy a Predator made from a CNC China factory when we could buy an American JC, Ned Morris, and many others cues for about the same price? Let's make it happen!!!

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's all stop buying the Predators, Mecci's, and etc. and start buying the custom cue makers cues at about the same price. WHY would we buy a Predator made from a CNC China factory when we could buy an American JC, Ned Morris, and many others cues for about the same price? Let's make it happen!!!
I hope I understand what you are trying to promote? Supporting Custom Cue makers not anti-China sentiments? If so I respect your emotions about supporting the small guy, I have 8 Custom Cues, but I also understand that most of the tournaments are sponsored by and supported by the very companies that you want to boycott.., caution.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
A plain 4 point cue would be like $35000 lol.

Maybe you’ll get it in early 2100s if you order today.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope I understand what you are trying to promote? Supporting Custom Cue makers not anti-China sentiments? If so I respect your emotions about supporting the small guy, I have 8 Custom Cues, but I also understand that most of the tournaments are sponsored by and supported by the very companies that you want to boycott.., caution.
Okay, giving up.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
There are plenty of US made production cues. It is not as simple as China vs Custom builders.
Some have both US made and import, some all USA. I swear some think Predator is the only company in all of pool.

Viking
McDermott
Joss
Pechauer
Jacoby
Schon

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We all get that you’re a Ned Morris super fan, but before you go trying to take a hot steamy poo on Predator, just consider what they’re trying to do for pool by dumping loads of cash into a pro event series.

I’m not a big Predator fan, but sanctimonious blowhards that think their way is the best way and everything else sucks are just as bad.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like my factory-built Hanbat and it doesn't trouble me that it is made in Korea.

But I don't play pool, I play 3C.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s my take. Who is sponsoring professional players and professional events and who is sponsoring junior players and events? Like it or not, the best thing to do for the industry is to dump as much money as possible into companies like Predator, Cuetec, Meucci, and McDermott.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Really, custom cue makers are the same price as mass produced cues? Interesting.

I can get a solid sneaky or PJ cue made in Wisconsin for $150.00. A sneaky pete made by a custom dude is $500 plus. Some over a $1000.

I have a custom Omen SP and I have a Schmelke PJ. Like them both. How about we buy what we want and let the market decide if we need a custom cue maker on every corner ;). I mean, is Ned looking for more work? Maybe start a GoFundMe page to help him out.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
There are plenty of US made production cues. It is not as simple as China vs Custom builders.
Some have both US made and import, some all USA. I swear some think Predator is the only company in all of pool.

Viking
McDermott
Joss
Pechauer
Jacoby
Schon

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
And Schmelke. I think all their cues are made in USA. Family owned company that gives terrific customer service to boot.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I have videos on creating your own cue.

cue construction with recycled materials is the future.

With recycled materials the pool business can be accepted by the environmentally conscious crowd.

Has anyone ever seen a cue shaft made out of paper and recycled cork?

I can post how to videos.
Its part of my premium and exclusive membership package. PM for details

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
But, you own a Revo shaft
It's true I do own a Revo shaft, but I play with Ned Morris' Evolution C/F shaft 90% of the time.
All I wanted to do was introduce Ned on AZB. I'm sure 90% didn't know about him. BUT he's busy for months.