How About this: Let's all tell pool players to NOT buy the factory made cues. SO many custom cues are out there.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I have videos on creating your own cue.

cue construction with recycled materials is the future.

With recycled materials the pool business can be accepted by the environmentally conscious crowd.

Has anyone ever seen a cue shaft made out of paper and recycled cork?

I can post how to videos.
Its part of my premium and exclusive membership package. PM for details
Nobody wants a shaft made out of recycled paper or cork. Trust me on this one. I don't even want my plywood like that. I HATE OSB board. lol

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Nobody wants a shaft made out of recycled paper or cork. Trust me on this one. I don't even want my plywood like that. I HATE OSB board. lol
its not a real product for sale
its mostly a promotional product

to get people interested in cue sticks and environmentalism in the pool community.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
General statements that may or may not refer to above cue makers...

A.... Not everyone wants to wait a year. for a cue.
B.... 95 % of pool players on here wouldn't
play any better with it.
C.... if everyone did order one, the price would triple, and so would the wait
time.

Three true statements.👍

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
The R&D is way behind on the custom makers at this time. You're buying beauty and craftsmanship but I don't care who's cue you buy....you're not beating the technology of the big Dawgs. The custom guys would be better off just customizing production cues if we're being honest.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's all stop buying the Predators, Mecci's, and etc. and start buying the custom cue makers cues at about the same price. WHY would we buy a Predator made from a CNC China factory when we could buy an American JC, Ned Morris, and many others cues for about the same price? Let's make it happen!!!
Also I couldn’t get a replacement shaft for my SugarTree !!! No answer in 4 months , heck no answer anywhere ! I had to buy another cue( Gilbert Custom cue. He answered my email within 2 days …. Good luck ….. 👍🏻…….. Just burned the SugarTree in the fire pit while drinking a cold one….

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me see, about 10 years ago, I bought my SP8RW with a 314 shaft, the first cue I ever bought.

At that time the 314(1) shaft would cost about $250.
I got the shaft and the butt for $400,
So the butt cost is around $150.

So I would have to get a price for a custom base down in the less than $300 range (2008 dollars) +shaft for me to even "go there".

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
All I wanted to do was introduce Ned on AZB. I'm sure 90% didn't know about him. BUT he's busy for months.
I think your first post should have been this in a question form. Ned has been around for a looooong time, and his cues have been highly praised in all that time. You’re the rookie in all this. Congratulations.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's true I do own a Revo shaft, but I play with Ned Morris' Evolution C/F shaft 90% of the time.
All I wanted to do was introduce Ned on AZB. I'm sure 90% didn't know about him. BUT he's busy for months.
I'll never buy one simply becuse of you. I'll just suffer with my Rick Howard.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I would rather have the skill of the Magician, v/s his Cue. Indian not Arrow.

Wh had real player come to bar I use to play 9 ball tournament, he was there for money game.

Cue was piece of s*** Sneaky Pete, with but held together with duck tape, the Case was $2.00 goodwill thrift special.

Guy apparently was from Texas, aka FAT RALPH, He won, put on great pool exhibition, took all takers💰.

Indian not Arrow.

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Schmelke. I think all their cues are made in USA. Family owned company that gives terrific customer service to boot.
I have a $230 Schmelke and a $975 Troy Downey.
The Downey is heads and tails above the Schmelke in quality of wood and brilliance of the finish, you just know it's a higher quality cue.
The Schmelke fit and finish is just fine but not equal to the Downey.
But guess what? I prefer the way the Schmelke plays.
So it's not always about cost vs playability.
And they both are probably better then a Ned Morris. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: KRJ

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a $230 Schmelke and a $975 Troy Downey.
The Downey is heads and tails above the Schmelke in quality of wood and brilliance of the finish, you just know it's a higher quality cue.
The Schmelke fit and finish is just fine but not equal to the Downey.
But guess what? I prefer the way the Scmelke plays.
So it's not always about cost vs playability.
And they both are probably better then a Ned Morris. :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like you almost hit the Jackpot. :)

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have videos on creating your own cue.

cue construction with recycled materials is the future.

With recycled materials the pool business can be accepted by the environmentally conscious crowd.

Has anyone ever seen a cue shaft made out of paper and recycled cork?

I can post how to videos.
Its part of my premium and exclusive membership package. PM for details
Or better yet, how about hemp?