How do you go about suing a cue builder? Just want to get my cue back.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sunny and Mild in S. Fl.
Yes and Florida ia also a state where if you show up at my home or business unwanted and I don't want to talk to you. - you have no options- the minute you strike the homeowner/business owner-- they can claim the defense of imminent great bodily harm and just fire away, especially if it is in their home or place of business. It a cue stick worth ALL of THAT??--- Florida will absolutely defend anyone inside their own home or business being assaulted - especially by someone who flew there with obvious full intent- you have no defense here in that situation.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Save your fellow billiard & pool players the grief of going through what you did, WHAT IS HIS NAME?

middleofnowhere

Registered
Yes and Florida ia also a state where if you show up at my home or business unwanted and I don't want to talk to you. - you have no options- the minute you strike the homeowner/business owner-- they can claim the defense of imminent great bodily harm and just fire away, especially if it is in their home or place of business. It a cue stick worth ALL of THAT??--- Florida will absolutely defend anyone inside their own home or business being assaulted - especially by someone who flew there with obvious full intent- you have no defense here in that situation.
Florida has some of the most laxed laws in terms of gun ownership. buying and selling and so forth. BUT the use of a gun Florida has some of the strongest gun laws in the country. You can find yourself in jail for like a year just pointing a gun at somebody. Florida also has mandatory sentencing laws that will put you away real fast when it comes to guns. If you own a gun in the state of Florida you better have this book and read it.

A girl got 20 years in prison for firing a warning shot inside her own apartment at a guy she had a restraining against who came there to beat her. The judge had no choice due to mandatory sentencing laws. Fortunately it got overturned a few years later. In fact Florida changed the warning shot law because of that case.

Attachments

• IMG_20220115_161147936.jpg
    IMG_20220115_161147936.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Florida has some of the most laxed laws in terms of gun ownership. buying and selling and so forth. BUT the use of a gun Florida has some of the strongest gun laws in the country. You can find yourself in jail for like a year just pointing a gun at somebody. Florida also has mandatory sentencing laws that will put you away real fast when it comes to guns. If you own a gun in the state of Florida you better have this book and read it.

A girl got 20 years in prison for firing a warning shot inside her own apartment at a guy she had a restraining against who came there to beat her. The judge had no choice due to mandatory sentencing laws. Fortunately it got overturned a few years later. In fact Florida changed the warning shot law because of that case.
Warning shot??? Have you priced ammunition lately?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All issues like this one could easily be handled by the mafia. Tony Soprano comes to mind when the doctor would not return Junior's phone call. When Tony cornered the doc on the golf course it only took a few minutes and whalla all was handled... Forget the legal maze, forget being a nice guy, hire some muscle and you will be amazed at the results... Guaranteed by Quesports and without any finders fees!!! Lol...

middleofnowhere

Registered
Warning shot??? Have you priced ammunition lately?
Yea Just a few weeks ago there was a lot available on Bulk Ammo. Then a few days later when I went to order nothing was available. I have maybe 700 rounds of range ammo FMJ and about 200 rounds of JHP. That sounds like a lot but it is not. A few trips to the range with the wife and the FMJ is gone. People who don't shoot do understand that.
Heres the story

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s lots of bad advice in this thread with good intentions Duc.

Number one the police don’t care. This is a civil matter not criminal, so all that’s out the window.

The BBB complaint while it might make you feel good will have no negative effect on his biz and he can respond to it and squash it. When he gets over 100 complaints a month then the cue maker has a problem. Until then-nothing.

During in small claims court is your best course of action. But is it worth the time and effort? Remember it’s easy to sue anyone at anytime. Winning is another thing-I think you have the best of it. But the HARDEST part is getting a enforcement in any judgment you may win. And to obtain that judgment and win it you have to show your damages. If he just didn’t do the job-what’s the “real loss” you incurred? Not much. Unless I missed something.

This is a case where handling your own biz is better than going through the system.

Fatboy <——knows a good bit about this topic

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s lots of bad advice in this thread with good intentions Duc.

Number one the police don’t care. This is a civil matter not criminal, so all that’s out the window.

The BBB complaint while it might make you feel good will have no negative effect on his biz and he can respond to it and squash it. When he gets over 100 complaints a month then the cue maker has a problem. Until then-nothing.

During in small claims court is your best course of action. But is it worth the time and effort? Remember it’s easy to sue anyone at anytime. Winning is another thing-I think you have the best of it. But the HARDEST part is getting a enforcement in any judgment you may win. And to obtain that judgment and win it you have to show your damages. If he just didn’t do the job-what’s the “real loss” you incurred? Not much. Unless I missed something.

This is a case where handling your own biz is better than going through the system.

Fatboy <——knows a good bit about this topic
He is out a near $3,000 cue though. If the guy would just give the cue back I would say not much damage, but keeping a cue like that is quite the infraction. I think it would be fairly easy to prove the cues ownership and value. I’m not a lawyer, just shooting from the hip here, but the target seems really big! Lol

Last edited:

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Yea Just a few weeks ago there was a lot available on Bulk Ammo. Then a few days later when I went to order nothing was available. I have maybe 700 rounds of range ammo FMJ and about 200 rounds of JHP. That sounds like a lot but it is not. A few trips to the range with the wife and the FMJ is gone. People who don't shoot do understand that.
Heres the story

What ammo are you looking for and what state?

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Follow this advice and please let everyone on every social site know the cue maker/repair person identity - flying to his state yourself will solve nothing and risk even more.

Why would it solve nothing? I had the exact same situation with the exact same builder (Dennis Searing). Flew over, visited his shop unannounced and got my cues with not so much as a bad word spoken by either of us. Shame it had to come to that but it sure solved the issue.

Last edited: