How to get a Fargo rating? I'm sure it's been posted millions of times but I need it.

Stellar1024

Registered
95% of my Fargo rating is from 8 ft tables... so I would think the definition should include them as well...

I always wondered if my 9 ball results counted for twice as much weight as my 8 ball results, considering in one night i would play 10 games of 9 ball, but only 5 games of 8 ball a night during 8 ball league. As far as game results go vs. a specific opponent, it doesn't differentiate between the two.
So I believe the 200 games is 200 games, not 200 matches.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose different leagues are different but I'd consider that a high level A player...

High A player is in the high 600s, then Open players are low 700s with Pro level in the 750 range give or take 10,20 points.

High B players are in the high 500s, so no way can a high A player be just over 600, you would be skipping the whole A level skill rank.

A- is around 600-620, A+ is about 680, A players are in the range between those.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
High A player is in the high 600s, then Open players are low 700s with Pro level in the 750 range give or take 10,20 points.

High B players are in the high 500s, so no way can a high A player be just over 600, you would be skipping the whole A level skill rank.
Didn't Mike Page make a very comprehensive post about your ABCD ratings? Why is this something you cling to? To reiterate, over the past 10 years I bet my speed has fluctuated maybe 50 points on a Fargo scale. Depending on where I was, I was either a B, A, AA, AAA, A+, A++, Open, 8, 9, 10, etc. There is no universal ABCD rating no matter how nice it would be.

PracticeChampion

I have a Fargo question.

There's a few tournaments I wanted to enter but a Fargo is needed, there's no leagues within 60 miles so I haven't played any. So I downloaded the salotto app to try and build something and did a player scan of myself and there I am, I forgot I was in the big city in 2014 for a brief time and played on my brother's team. I played 14 games and am listed as a 521 as of now. I know 200 games needed to avg out but since I'm in the system is that good to enter these Fargo rating tournaments? I have to travel several hours to get to any big tournament so not really wanting to waste my time

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have a Fargo question.

There's a few tournaments I wanted to enter but a Fargo is needed, there's no leagues within 60 miles so I haven't played any. So I downloaded the salotto app to try and build something and did a player scan of myself and there I am, I forgot I was in the big city in 2014 for a brief time and played on my brother's team. I played 14 games and am listed as a 521 as of now. I know 200 games needed to avg out but since I'm in the system is that good to enter these Fargo rating tournaments? I have to travel several hours to get to any big tournament so not really wanting to waste my time

Email the tournament director in advance and explain your situation and seek an exemption from the 200 game rule. Or play in some open tournaments.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Mike Page make a very comprehensive post about your ABCD ratings? Why is this something you cling to? To reiterate, over the past 10 years I bet my speed has fluctuated maybe 50 points on a Fargo scale. Depending on where I was, I was either a B, A, AA, AAA, A+, A++, Open, 8, 9, 10, etc. There is no universal ABCD rating no matter how nice it would be.

There is if we use logic with a D- player being an almost beginner and an A+ player being under a pro. We just need to fill in the middle from already established knowledge of what a certain level of player can do.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
95% of my Fargo rating is from 8 ft tables... so I would think the definition should include them as well...

I always wondered if my 9 ball results counted for twice as much weight as my 8 ball results, considering in one night i would play 10 games of 9 ball, but only 5 games of 8 ball a night during 8 ball league. As far as game results go vs. a specific opponent, it doesn't differentiate between the two.

It counts 8 footers, table size is not really a factor, not is how tough a table is, what game you are playing or who you are playing against or if you had a cold that week.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is if we use logic with a D- player being an almost beginner and an A+ player being under a pro. We just need to fill in the middle from already established knowledge of what a certain level of player can do.
I agree. It wouldn't be too difficult, and it would be great to have that as our universal system. The fact remains that most of the country disagrees, and they make up their own standards on what the letters mean. Your definition of a "B" player could be a "C" player somewhere else. Glad Fargo came around.

Hoogaar

Registered
Another question about Fargo - I have a super common name around these parts. I played a few tournaments a few years ago but seems like I was combined with another guy's results.

Can I/Should I add an initial to my name or something? Maybe the Batman symbol? Any advice on how to avoid this as I plan on getting fairly active once restrictions are lifted.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another question about Fargo - I have a super common name around these parts. I played a few tournaments a few years ago but seems like I was combined with another guy's results.

Can I/Should I add an initial to my name or something? Maybe the Batman symbol? Any advice on how to avoid this as I plan on getting fairly active once restrictions are lifted.
I've never heard of another person named "Hoogaar", where are you from?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
LOL - I know it was an attempted joke, just not super funny. Why not reach out to Fargo? Dunno - I'm on AZ and there's a thread with people asking questions about Fargo - seemed like a decent place to ask.
Asking people on this forum will get you a lot of different answers until Glenn comes in to tell us all the way it really is. Good luck.

rharm

Registered
Tried that but it doesn't work.
If you do not already have a Fargo rating and want to use the Salotto app to get more games submitted to Fargo, you first need to email support at Fargo and they can create a Fargo account for you. Once that is done, you should be able to link your Salotto app to your Fargo account.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
If someone is new to Fargo, the numbers don’t mean anything. It’s reasonable to align it with familiar ratings to help give context. And even then, I think it makes sense to categorize what the different numbers mean in terms of skill classes.

rharm

Registered
To the OP - LMS is the FargoRate League Management System (I also have access) and is used by league operators to manage their schedules, tournaments, etc. This is the software that will be used regardless of what direction you go to get you into the system.

The key is, your friends will also need to download the Salotto app then you can play against each other and submit those matches to Fargo. There is a fee, I believe it's 2.99 for a race to 7 and goes up the more games you play. Seems if Fargo and Salotto REALLY wanted to get more games into their systems they would come up with a better pricing structure (but that's my personal opinion from personal experience). Either way, if there's no leagues in your area this is the only way you'll get a Fargo unless you travel to tournaments.

And is it a coincidence you live near Ned Morris and use nothing but his cues :) He's good people and makes a great product, I own one myself.
I think the Salotto app is a very cost effective way to get Fargo games in. If you are a Salotto pro member ($4.99 per month), to have a race to 10 submitted to Fargo, you are only charged $1.99. So for $2 you can potentially get 19 games into Fargo. Compared to a $20 tournament entry or $5-8 weekly league fee, Salotto is by far cheaper to get Fargo games in.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You will need to contact FargoRate and tell them what you know, they should be able to figure it out. Going forward you could add an initial but I would just use your FargoRate ID. Take a screenprint of your ID and save the image so it's easily available. If you're like me with 100's, if not 1000's, of pictures on my phone you could easily create a folder called FargoID with only the one picture in it so it's easy to find ;)

This is the chart I always go to: