How Would You Run These Balls?

You just broke and made two balls on the break. How would you run out, or would you run out?

P.S. I'm getting better with the numbering thing:).

runnout.jpg

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
you don't run out from here...

you bank the one across the table and use the two as a stopper to lock the cb behind the six..

Jaden

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
you bank the one across the table and use the two as a stopper to lock the cb behind the six..

Jaden

I'm not running this out either, but I'm thinning the one on the outside trying to tie up the one, two, six, while pulling the cue up-table two or maybe three rails hoping to cover behind the eight or even the nine.

J

Last edited:

rookiepsu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden

Agree with this. You thin the 1 and use the 2 as a stopper to play safe behind the 6. You never attempt to run this IMO.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That bank is just about a perfect full hit on the one. The cue ball isn't going to move at all.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks sort of like a tough position.

I'm thinking spinning into the one with inside english -- sending the one towards the two and hopefully hiding it behind the six. The cue ball spins down to the end rail near the corner pocket. Touchy shot though. I might not like it if I was standing right in front of it.

Attachments

• runout.jpg
    runout.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 903
Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden

From that angle it looks like you would have to hit that shot firmly to get the one to the other side of the table and you might end up caroming in the 2 ball in the process. Not sure I like that shot.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jaden

I'm not running this out either, but I'm thinning the one on the outside trying to tie up the one, two, six, while pulling the cue up-table two or maybe three rails hoping to cover behind the eight or even the nine.

J

While you both are thinking what I was, extreme caution is required. On a fast table, the two could fall and you are screwed.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
John Brumback would bank the 1-ball and hold for the 2.
...if the angle isn't quite right, low inside will do the job.

..once the 1-ball drops, the rest are hangers for a player like Brumback.
:cool:

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
From that angle it looks like you would have to hit that shot firmly to get the one to the other side of the table and you might end up caroming in the 2 ball in the process. Not sure I like that shot.

You don't have to get the one all the way across the table, he was just saying you'd bank it across to indicate the direction the one will go. You hit this shot nice and soft to maximize the chance of the CB freezing nicely to the back of the six.

If I was playing offense from here, and to be clear I wouldn't play offense from here, I'd try to bank the 1 cross-corner and stop my ball, and then it's a very basic runout from there.

-Andrew

Last edited:

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have to get the one all the way across the table, he was just saying you'd bank it across to indicate the direction the one will go. You hit this shot nice and soft to maximize the chance of the CB freezing nicely to the back of the six.

If I was playing offense from here, and to be clear I wouldn't play offense from here, I'd try to bank the 1 cross-corner and stop my ball, and then it's a very basic runout from there.

-Andrew

I'm with you on this. I like this better than hiding the 1 in the cluster. If the 1 is in the cluster rather than the white, I'm less likely to have a good shot on 1 when I get back to the table. Just thin the 1 softly of the rail and park the white behind the 6. The 1 only needs to roll out a few inches from the rail for it to work.

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
id spear the bank, run it all like its nothing, and hang the 8 ball with perfect shape on 9!

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

-Andrew

I believe that I'm reconsidering my prior shot selection and shooting this if it's laying right. :)

J

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

-Andrew

It just doesn't look like that shot's on to me, judging by the carom angle. I could be wrong. Should be interesting to see what the shooter came up with. Although they could have been wrong too if they didn't pick my shot.:grin-square:

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surprised no one has said it yet but I would likely hit the one ball on the left side with bottom left using the two ball as a stopper for the cueball and hiding it behind the six. This would clear out the cluster issue and would likely be a lock up safety if played correctly.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surprised no one has said it yet but I would likely hit the one ball on the left side with bottom left using the two ball as a stopper for the cueball and hiding it behind the six. This would clear out the cluster issue and would likely be a lock up safety if played correctly.

You mean this shot:

Jaden

Matt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually think that attempting to bank the 1 in and run out has some merits:
  • It looks like it's dead straight in the picture.
  • The run out is fairly easy following a bank with a good leave on the 2. If you can play good position on the 3, it's almost a gimme.
  • Played at the right speed, a bank that misses short is a 2-way shot if it flattens out off the 2nd rail enough to go behind the 2/6.

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Use the two as a stopper. One doesn't need to go all the way across. Better if it doesn't.